• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
(message deleted)

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
1 month ago#82
Questions for everyone:

1) WHY was someone trying to sabotage imgtc?!? I actually really liked imgtc (far better than imgur, especially this current horrible version of imgur that has this horrible border around it and has worse resolution). Plus, sabotaging imgtc also sabotaged the majority of the users on Gamefaqs since a lot of people had a lot of stuff on their imgtc accounts and were enjoying the site and wanted it to grow.

2) Why was the attacker(s) bombarding the site with CP (which is highly illegal and carries serious consequences of jail time along with being put on a sex offender registry for a 25 year minimum... assuming if they even survive jail)? I remember seeing one of the official imgtc announcements after the site got attacked the first time and the owner of imgtc announced that someone uploaded tons of CP to imgtc and that was the reason the website went down the first time. The second time the website went down was because of DDOS attacks. The third time (which is now) from what I've read on the Current Events board and on two other boards are people mentioning that imgtc got attacked with tons of CP again (on top of this there might have been a DDOS attack on top of the tons of CP that was used recently prior to the recent DDOS attack). That's a rather extreme measure to take to sabotage a website (both CP and DDOS attacks are illegal, especially CP which is one of the highest types of illegal acts one can commit).

Relinquished posted...
Really hope we're not stuck with this clunky Imgur variant.

I'm not enjoying imgur either. I absolutely hate having that stupid imgur boarder around images. On top of this, all images are one size (this isn't good for many reasons) and the resolution isn't as good. I would greatly prefer if imgtc returned (if the owner of the website is reading this, please come back). I think we should keep imgur for the people who like imgur, but we should also have imgtc for those of us who prefer imgtc (and honestly, imgtc was far better than imgur when it came to image embedding of jpegs and gifs). Even if imgur were to improve, I would still want imgtc back (choices are good).
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
1 month ago#83
Revelation34 posted...
The only reason it was created was because imgur stopped allowing embedding. If imgur works for that again then there's no reason for imgtc.

Except it lacked ugly borders, could be used for gifs, and overall seemed quicker with less clutter. Not to mention a lot of archived threads will be ruined by all the dead image links (was hoping that wasn't inevitable).

quintonshark163 posted...
@Relinquished posted...
Really hope we're not stuck with this clunky Imgur variant.

Are you talking about ImgTC?

No, I'm talking about Imgur.

Oliver_Oliver posted...
On top of this, all images are one size (this isn't good for many reasons) and the resolution isn't as good.

Perhaps if they were just previews, then it could actually make things neater. Imgtc photos were like that on mobile. Otherwise, posting really large images would just take up the whole page. But that's just a theory. Not sure if Imgur's resolution is any worse though.

And apparently youtube/image links are now visible above the videos/images, which is also a bit ugly.
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: skermac

skermac
1 month ago#84
nov 2 and imgtc is still down, any updates anyone?
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: Se7enthrust

Se7enthrust
1 month ago#85
zzeennoolloo posted...
Se7enthrust posted...
Anybody know why the site has been down for a couple days?

@Se7enthrust

No clue, but last time the site went down was because someone decided to do a DDOS type attack on the site for whatever notorious reasons (which ended up wiping out some pictures (NOT all, but some) AND ended up erasing everyone's accounts, forcing users to have to create a new account and start from scratch). There was even an attack several months before that one where someone uploaded illegal images of some sort which got the website shutdown for some days while whatever illegal stuff was uploaded was permanently removed. While an official announcement hasn't been made yet, I'm thinking it's a 90% chance that it was another DDOS style attack (most likely from the person who did it last time). I'm just hoping that everyone's accounts haven't been erased again. That would be catastrophic for several reasons.

I know the pain from the last attack too well. I had 2 accounts loaded with images I've uploaded that I no longer have links to. :(
"Best read of the game goes to se7en. Who correctly surmised this town is full of idiots." - Corrik
Se7enthrust ~ Dude_Dexter

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
1 month ago#86
Oliver_Oliver posted...
Questions for everyone:

1) WHY was someone trying to sabotage imgtc?!? I actually really liked imgtc (far better than imgur, especially this current horrible version of imgur that has this horrible border around it and has worse resolution). Plus, sabotaging imgtc also sabotaged the majority of the users on Gamefaqs since a lot of people had a lot of stuff on their imgtc accounts and were enjoying the site and wanted it to grow.

2) Why was the attacker(s) bombarding the site with CP (which is highly illegal and carries serious consequences of jail time along with being put on a sex offender registry for a 25 year minimum... assuming if they even survive jail)? I remember seeing one of the official imgtc announcements after the site got attacked the first time and the owner of imgtc announced that someone uploaded tons of CP to imgtc and that was the reason the website went down the first time. The second time the website went down was because of DDOS attacks. The third time (which is now) from what I've read on the Current Events board and on two other boards are people mentioning that imgtc got attacked with tons of CP again (on top of this there might have been a DDOS attack on top of the tons of CP that was used recently prior to the recent DDOS attack). That's a rather extreme measure to take to sabotage a website (both CP and DDOS attacks are illegal, especially CP which is one of the highest types of illegal acts one can commit).

1) As stupid as this sounds, some people were annoyed by having to scroll through images here on Gamefaqs. I find it insane that would be the reason why someone attacked imgtc, but it's possible (as you pointed out in that other topic they could have just gone to settings and made it where only links were displayable and not the images). Granted, they may have personally wanted to screw the imgtc owner over (who was a Gamefaqs user) as well as the attacker wanting to troll most Gamefaqs members who relied on imgtc for jpegs and gifs. There is also a theory that the attacker was someone from a certain rival gaming forum website that wanted to sabotage Gamefaqss users and decided that screwing with imgtc would be the easiest way. Regardless of the reasons why they did what they did, the attacker didn't have to do what they did, which leads me to my next answer...

2) The fact that who ever attacked imgtc used illegal sexual images (CP) and DDOS attacks in order to attack imgtc is disturbing and scary. These two things are illegal and the fact that someone decided to use those methods to attack a website is disturbing on several levels. If someone doesn't like Gamefaqs and / or imgtc, just don't use it... simple as that (or just go to settings to make their Gamefaqs experience nicer for themselves). They didn't have to go to extreme criminal lengths, but they did, which is disturbing as all hell.

Se7enthrust posted...

I know the pain from the last attack too well. I had 2 accounts loaded with images I've uploaded that I no longer have links to. :(

Yeah, this is a huge pain in the ass (my account had tons of gaming related stuff that took me a long while to find and it's all nuked). A lot of topics (in the thousands if we include archived topics from the near 2 year period imgtc has been used exclusively for this site) have now been f***ed over with nothing left but dead links to images that may possibly be unrecoverable. I'm hoping a miracle happens and that imgtc does come back, but that's looking extremely grim as more time passes.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#87
SavageGlum100 posted...
certain rival gaming forum website

All users on that website are trash if it's the one I'm thinking of.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms
imagine being so miserable with yourself that you wake up one morning and you're like "oh i want to purposely sabotage an image uploading website"

lmao @ that loser or losers, those who have been inconvenienced will move on with their lives but the people who did this literally have to live with their sorry asses for the rest of their lives lol

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#89
Oliver_Oliver posted...
1) WHY was someone trying to sabotage imgtc?!?

Because people suck.

No, really. Some people claim things like imgur doing it because imgtc is somehow competition or because people here would have to scroll. I don't buy either theory. The first because imgtc isn't likely on imgur's radar even if that's a thing. The second because you'd have to be a severely maladjusted person to try to take down a site over that. Like. Change your settings then, or develop a script to fix it. Both are far less effort and less illegal.

Most likely conclusions are it's people being trolls for its own sake (they know we like the site and get off to us being dismayed it's gone and to the inconveniences the owner has to deal with), or actual pedos are using the site (for some reason).

Oliver_Oliver posted...
2) Why was the attacker(s) bombarding the site with CP (which is highly illegal and carries serious consequences of jail time along with being put on a sex offender registry for a 25 year minimum... assuming if they even survive jail)?

See #1, and throw in the presumption that they believe they can't be caught.
My Social Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)
  • Post New Message