• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. What FF game of this should i start with

User Info: smallorc11

smallorc11
1 month ago#11
such a great series for people who love RPGs
To Win u must beat Shen long

User Info: wpot

wpot
1 month ago#12
Indeed! How was FF6? How far have you gotten?
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: smallorc11

smallorc11
1 month ago#13
beaten 6 its such good game and the plot well dont wanna spoil anything but was so cool
To Win u must beat Shen long

wpot
1 month ago#14
...I agree!

Are you still planning on playing straight through the PS FFs? Awesome...enjoy! You at least like all of them if you loved FF6.

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
1 week ago#15
the NES FF's should be avoided at all costs, any other versions are fine, but the originals have stats, swords, effects, that are all bugged. The luck stat legit does not work in the original games.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth. | Switch Friend Code: SW-7147-6139-3120. | Switch Pawn ID: 9B5D-90C3-1675.
Love SSBU, Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, and BoTW :)
(edited 1 week ago)

wpot
1 week ago#16
Wellll... there are reasons to avoid the NES versions. The leveling/battle system is more or less broken in FF2. The jobs in FF3 are unbalanced and wacky. More or less every game through FF7 had a stat that didn’t work, though: I don’t think broken luck is a legit reason to avoid games. Magic evasion didn’t work in FF6. Magic defense didn’t work in FF7. In FF4 you lost your ability to get critical hits permanently if you used certain weapons, like Cecil’s ultimate Crystal Sword. They’re still good games.

On point, though, I would agree that I’d avoid the originals unless you still want more after playing all of the rest.

1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. What FF game of this should i start with
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A