• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. What FF game of this should i start with

User Info: smallorc11

smallorc11
2 months ago#1
What FF game of this should i start with?

yeah and i got all of them in Original packages to just not plastic on them for pretty good price 400 dollar no scratches or anything
so i thought i wanted to start one of them thats not to hard or complex to start out on since i havent playd any FF since FFXV and 13 and little at the start of X on a Demo back in the day
To Win u must beat Shen long

smallorc11
2 months ago#2
damm wrong board whatever

User Info: wpot

wpot
2 months ago#3
Soo...you've played 13/15 and you're looking to go backwards....but not to 12. I mean, most people would say anything prior to 12 isn't much like 13/15, so be aware. None of them are very complex, FYI.

I think there are three choices. I wouldn't head all of the way back to the NES: that would be too shocking.
1) FF9 is like an updated version of all of the old FF1-5 FFs, so maybe that could train you for the old ones in reverse? Just be aware the art style makes it feel like it's aimed at a particularly young audience compared to the rest of the series (no comparison to 13/15 at all).
2) FF7. It's the most epic and it has an adult storyline that stands out, although the graphics are wonky as heck. Great game, not hard.
3) FF6 is a good balance of NES and PS styles. It has 2D graphics, but they look good. Another good reverse-training game. Good storyline, partially open world (second half of game).

...I guess FFX is a choice as well if you want to start with something a little closer to 13/15.\

I had my 11-yr-old start the series with FF6, for the record.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Exiled53

Exiled53
2 months ago#4
FFXII is a fantastic game though.

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
2 months ago#5
Imho FFVI is probably still the best of the series in absolute terms. However if you're coming from a more recent gaming experience type perspective then the PS2 era games are probably where you wanna be because FF put a really good foot forward with FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII. They're all 3 very different games on just about every metric and it's totally legit if somebody says they love one or two of those and hate the other ect (I just happened to enjoy them all).

If/when you go back to the PS1 gen you should also take a look at Chrono Cross. Great game and does some pretty cool things.
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: sledgelmil

sledgelmil
1 month ago#6
Exiled53 posted...
FFXII is a fantastic game though.

Did you play de PS4 version? I heard that is way better than the original. I have both so i was wondering which one to play.
PSN - HDMIx4

User Info: wpot

wpot
1 month ago#7
sledgelmil posted...
Did you play de PS4 version? I heard that is way better than the original. I have both so i was wondering which one to play.
I consistently hear that the Zodiac Age version is much better than the original, yes, although I have yet to play it. I can't think of a reason to play through the original if there's an improvement available.

For the record I find FF12 tedious and I doubt Zodiac Age solved my problems. Many others enjoy FF12, though, so to each their own.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
1 month ago#8
I've never played Zodiac Age but what I've heard about it is that it sort of imposes restrictions on character advancement (like you have "classes" after a fashion) which to me is not appealing. To each their own tho so if you're thinking about FFXII I'd look into the differences a bit and choose wisely since afaik they're more than skin deep and could matter quite a bit.
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.

smallorc11
1 month ago#9
guys thanks for the Answers and tips i guess i start VI to IX then after i go for the X and X2 after 12
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. What FF game of this should i start with
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A