• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. What is wrong with this mess of a game?

User Info: Exiled53

Exiled53
2 months ago#1
Anne is always dead, Miki rarely heals, never revives even though I put a role on her to make her revive often, party members take loads of damage, my skills are all like level 1 and 3, so I do doo-doo damage, despite the fact I took myt time with this game, I'm in the last area and I'm around level 66, 67, my characters get rocked hard and the biggest damage on my team is fidel with over 3k atk, but everyone else is at like barely 1k despite me struggling to upgrade everyone best I can. this game is seriously infuriating. I dont know if my role setup is bad or not but I set it all to be as effective as I can be.

User Info: vitari

vitari
2 months ago#2
What's your role set ups and gear? You say you did everything you could be at the very least, you can level to 99. You might also need to control Miki if she's not healing to your standard.
Trolling- Any opinion that doesn't capitulate to consensus.
I can even lift this rock! That's incredible!

Exiled53
2 months ago#3
at the time of posting I was level 66 at the end of the game, atm I am 93ish, my role setups are:

Fidel:attack advocate, stamina stockpiler, berserker, hothead
Miki: sage, savior, assassin, crusader
Victor: vanguard, avenger, marshal, guardian (I have no clue what to do with this guy)
Fiore Intelligence indulger, enchanter, master tact., elementalist
Emmerson: fringe fighter, shrewd Observor, sharpshooter, menace
Anne: warmonger, critical combatant, aggressor, daemon
Relia: scavenger, bunny, equal oppur., terror knight

fidel is using a arcana sword, dual armor, and some crap accessories since I dont really get how to optimally enhance them.
miki is myth. rod, mistic robe,
victor is dojikiri yasutsuna, valaint mail.
fiore is armillory sphere, mystic robe
emmerson is arcadian sentry, mythril mesh
anne is bloody knuckles, myth mesh.
relia is who cares.

any tips what I should do? atm I stopped the final dungeon and went back to do all the board quests, hitting the nodes as I run by them, farming some metals etc. idk what I should do to gear them better or if all that comes post game.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: ShionJrCitrine

ShionJrCitrine
2 months ago#4
Usually, last areas of games are pretty hard in general. Healing items are faster then healing spells. I buffed quite a bit of characters equips before the last area. Fire has a healing spell as well...its not that useful, but can get you out of a bind. This area isn't even the hardest. Wait til you go through Maze of Tribulation.

If Anne is dieing a lot, you can switch to become her and get her out of harms way. Sadly, there's nothing that can protect from 1 hit kills. When I went through, it was Relia that died a few times. Her Hp is so low.

Exiled53
2 months ago#5
ShionJrCitrine posted...
Usually, last areas of games are pretty hard in general. Healing items are faster then healing spells. I buffed quite a bit of characters equips before the last area. Fire has a healing spell as well...its not that useful, but can get you out of a bind. This area isn't even the hardest. Wait til you go through Maze of Tribulation.

If Anne is dieing a lot, you can switch to become her and get her out of harms way. Sadly, there's nothing that can protect from 1 hit kills. When I went through, it was Relia that died a few times. Her Hp is so low.
in my case my relia never dies :|

User Info: Aquatrez

Aquatrez
2 months ago#6
You have a lot of options for tweaking your party. If they're not performing how you want them too, then you need more tweaks.

You said Miki barely heals and doesn't revive. If you want her to heal exclusively, don't assign any spells to her battle skills and turn off all her offensive spells. You also have her with an attacking role (Assassin), which means her AI is going to be juggling fighting and healing. Replace that with Fiore's Master Tactician or give her Mana Maverick.

Also, have you been utilizing your specialties and item creation? At this point in the game, you should at least be able to augment accessories if not your weapons and armor. If Anne is dying a lot, try giving her roles that boost her HP/defense, and augment her equipment to boost those stats as well.

EDIT: I also highly recommend checking out the item creation/synthesis guide as well.

All of the Star Ocean games become very difficult if you're not utilizing all of the tools available to you. If you just treat it like a standard action RPG, you're handicapping yourself.
Switch Friend Code: SW-3387-2772-8500
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. What is wrong with this mess of a game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A