• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
3 months ago#1
Finaally got to find Gabriel Celeste._. What's happened to the pre-battle dialogue?

Anyway he seems to have an attack that wipes out every character across the entire battle area.... had him down to less than 5% health too...
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
GerinKitsune

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
2 months ago#2
Some of those fights are pretty much set up to force you to use dead man walking. The balance, like so much else in this game, is utterly stupid. With the proper DMW setup (lots of passive HP healing factors on gear and as much damage boosting as possible) you can kill everything just by tapping circle and x in the boss's face.
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.

User Info: Aquatrez

Aquatrez
2 months ago#3
I just finished beating 6-wing Gabriel and EQ on Universe without any use of Dead Man Walking.

I used all my orichalcum to create enough Reflecting Plates to give Fidel 40% damage resistance to divine enemies. That plus God Slayer allowed him to survive all of their attacks. Just keep an eye on Miki and manually move her away, and you should be fine.

By the time I got to the 6-wing variants, I had enough resources that my team was surviving pretty well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that both Gabriel's and EQ's big AOE attacks do not hit the entire battle area. If you keep your ranged fighters far enough away, usually 1-2 of them should survive. Make sure to turn off Fiore's short range spells too.
Switch Friend Code: SW-3387-2772-8500
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
2 months ago#4
Thanks will both of those a try ... Pretty sure it hit entire area at least one time... :-(
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
GerinKitsune

User Info: Aquatrez

Aquatrez
2 months ago#5
GerinTheFox posted...
Thanks will both of those a try ... Pretty sure it hit entire area at least one time... :-(
It's got a wide radius, but it doesn't hit the entire field. It might be worth using some of the roles that encourage moving away/attacking from long range to encourage the AI to stay away from Gabriel. Or else manually move then like I mentioned.

One common issue is that your long range fighters will get clumped together. Try to keep an eye on this and spread them out.

And remember that you can change party members while the battle menu is open. This is a great way to safely examine the field.
Switch Friend Code: SW-3387-2772-8500

User Info: Hito_Shura

Hito_Shura
1 month ago#6
I beat it on chaos without dead man whatever or even crating multiple Reflecting Plates, it is a matter of good synthesis/augment and spreading Miki and Fiore on both corners of the screen to have someone survinving the area instakill attack.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A