• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. Der-Suul impossible to beat on easy? WTH?

User Info: lazer921

lazer921
4 months ago#1
I'm about to throw this game in the trash. I am on level 48 and keep dying miserably on the battle at the Slaughtery with Der-Suul. He gets down to about 1/4 health and starts using this massive area wide fire attack that just kills me after he spams it like 5 times in a row. I have warrior slayer to level 7, which supposedly negates 40% of human damage yet still have died 3 times on this boss. I also have the best armor/weapons for where I am at in the game. My other titles for Fidel are Attack Advocate and Hot Head. On Miki I have elementalist thinking she will just absorb damage and keep spamming healing but she doesn't do it quick enough. And since the game was too cheap to allow you to skip the cut scenes I don't feel like trying any more. What a waste of a game since I liked the story and that's really what I play for. It's sad they don't give the game a true easy option for people who enjoy the story. Also have to point out the atrocity that is the conversation system in this game. It takes me like 60 seconds to stop, orient myself and be able to read NPC's text when I'm in the towns.

User Info: ShionJrCitrine

ShionJrCitrine
4 months ago#2
Were you Miki the whole time healing? I woul just grind a little more. I think that's the boss you fight before you head into a pretty hard area. Who said the game was going to be a cakewalk?

User Info: lazer921

lazer921
4 months ago#3
No I played as Fidel but I’m seeing Miki is who to play as I guess? I really wanna advance the story bc I’m really into it but I don’t want to waste time playing for a “challenge”. That’s fun but not all players enjoy that experience. I grinded already for an hour but I guess I need to do more? Good grief I’m old I thought having an easy difficulty would let me just play it for the story :(

User Info: Maiagare

Maiagare
4 months ago#4
Der-Suul was the only tough fight in the entire game for me. The only boss who made me start scraping for survival, chaining resurrecting items like crazy. I did beat him first try, but it was close, and I was like level 57. He's an infamous difficulty spike.

Here's the best tip for that fight: start with a high rush gauge, save it until he drops to ~50% HP, then try to one-shot him. Even if you don't quite manage, you can squeeze extra damage out while resurrecting your guys.

Spacing all of your ranged characters far away from his is good. Controlling Miki is also one way to do it. His explosion is fire damage, so if you stack enough fire resistance and HP, you can tank it.
What a superb demon!
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Maiagare

Maiagare
3 months ago#5
Yeah, I just one-shot him on my Chaos playthrough. He didn't get to use his fire aoe a single time.

High Reserve Rush attack used by Fidel with 200% cancel bonus is the key. Laser Weapon is obviously godly, and Warrior Slayer role is amazing. Attack up food is a cherry on top, and you can even go balls to the walls with a leveled up Berserker role.

Honestly, with maxed out roles and a synthesized weapon, you can probably kill him with one Ethereal Blast from 100% HP.

Even if you have access to nothing else, a casual player can always farm a high Reserve Rush bar and just use that alone.
What a superb demon!

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
3 months ago#6
I know this is stating the obvious but did you assign roles especially to Miki and Victor
Miki needs to be encourage to heal, Victor to fight not guard and avoid roles with hang back.
I am 55 and had no difficulty on Standard mode, the only time I got 'Game over' was during 2 of the protect Anne sequences.
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II

User Info: ShionJrCitrine

ShionJrCitrine
3 months ago#7
GerinTheFox posted...
I know this is stating the obvious but did you assign roles especially to Miki and Victor
Miki needs to be encourage to heal, Victor to fight not guard and avoid roles with hang back.
I am 55 and had no difficulty on Standard mode, the only time I got 'Game over' was during 2 of the protect Anne sequences.
I never lost to the Anne boss battle because I threw the bomb at the boss...though characters were near death.

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
3 months ago#8
Anne Boss ... I am guessing there is an Anne clon e somewhere in the bonus dungeon ... That's a bit cliche, fighting clones offrom heroes from the ealier games would make for a better twist.
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. Der-Suul impossible to beat on easy? WTH?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A