• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. I loved the other Star oceans, but this one is totally ...(Spoilers)

User Info: Expelsword

Expelsword
7 months ago#11
To me, it's clear that a lot of effort went into the seamless 7-character battles and party scenes, and I do really like that aspect of the game.

The problem is that the game is severely lacking in just about everything else and the combat itself is barebones SO3, when SO4's combat was one of the most liked things about it.
At least grinding is fast and nobody winds up benched for the whole game.
The fight will never stop.

User Info: duredure25

duredure25
7 months ago#12
I just deleted it from my ps4. I love tri ace games, but this is pure garbage.

User Info: Aurora-Silver

Aurora-Silver
7 months ago#13
I bought it not too long ago after finishing SO4, was a huge fan of SO3 and SO4, also playing First Departure R which is great because its a lot retro.

SO5 is different, and was a bit confusing at first, but its enjoyable, I think. Sure, there are things which turned out lazy, like, when I got the Fishing Ability, I thought I can go fishing now - but no, you only find spots where you can grab fish ingridients, and I was like... WHAT, thats lazy?? Even NieR Automata had a simple fishing animation and although it is simple and wasn't that much fun, never I've seen such a lazy pull from Square, before. (At least I can't remember, although I'm sure there are a few)
You can follow my Artworks here: https://www.deviantart.com/aurora-silver
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. I loved the other Star oceans, but this one is totally ...(Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A