• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. So if they make a Star Ocean 6..

User Info: wpot

wpot
9 months ago#21
Nel, Albel, shake hands. You're friends now. :)

The main attack people associate with Albel is that weird sweeping strong/long standard move where he cuts widely back and forth, probably because he uses it a lot when he fights you. That's not so useful when you control him, but fortunately you can avoid using it easily. (Although you can pull it out when plowing through 'weak maggots', where it's kinda fun :) ).

His slashing battle skills, however, are smooth and easily used. His claw stuff...not so much: those are finicky/awkward/"jagged". If you just stick to the slashes he's actually very easy to use, though (to the extent he's a little boring after a while). Kinda like, say, spamming DS over and over again in SO5.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: AtmaIllumina

AtmaIllumina
6 months ago#22
xiutye posted...

Since we don't learn much of anything about 4D space, it's entirely possible that Sphere Co is on moonbase in the year SD 1200 (or whatever year beyond 800ish). Under this theory, Blair and Luther's timeline is the same as Claude's, Edge's and Fidel's. Only Fayt and his friends are from the Eternal Sphere which would simply be drawing on Milky Way history (from Luther's point of view) to build its worlds. Even the name of their realm "4D space" can be taken as a hint of this because the fourth dimension is time.

xiutye posted...
I would hope that the developers could try to remember the concept of multiple places being a thing at all.

As far as the time period, I'd prefer something after SO3 as well... sort of.

It's my opinion that the best solution to the plot twist is that it simply doesn't effect the other games in the way that would first be assumed.

Since we don't learn much of anything about 4D space, it's entirely possible that Sphere Co is on moonbase in the year SD 1200 (or whatever year beyond 800ish). Under this theory, Blair and Luther's timeline is the same as Claude's, Edge's and Fidel's. Only Fayt and his friends are from the Eternal Sphere which would simply be drawing on Milky Way history (from Luther's point of view) to build its worlds. Even the name of their realm "4D space" can be taken as a hint of this because the fourth dimension is time.

Not saying that's what the devs intended with the plot twist. I don't honestly think they intended anything other than the obvious but the obvious leaves some issues for the series and that's how I'd write my way out of it. Assuming you didn't simply want to steer into it which could be done but would have very different implications.

Sorry but that theory is absolutely incorrect
Cast light upon the darkened earth. Save those lost in despair. O' mighty ocean, guide us as we journey through the darkest pit of night....

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
6 months ago#23
And your evidence for that is... Right, nothing. Which makes your post worthless as it's attempting to make a statement of fact without backing it up.

There is no reason whatsoever why the lore of the series could not go in exactly the direction I outlined. I don't think that it will (as I stated) not only because they'd have to think of it and choose that direction but more importantly there would have to be a next game, which there probably won't be since this one sunk the series.

Good day.
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.

User Info: wpot

wpot
6 months ago#24
The whole 4D thing doesn't really bother me much. Let's say that our (real) universe is actually contained within a snow globe on an alien's bookshelf, but that none of us will ever know that. If we never know...does is really make any difference? For Star Ocean, nobody knows about 4D up until the events of SO3...and technically the universe continues on it's own AFTER SO3, so it could be said that it matters even less after that point as there's no longer any link to 4D.

Sooo...given that it would actually seem appropriate for other games in the series to ignore 4D, regardless of their timeframe. SO4 did it successfully. SO5 did the worst thing possible (as always): they included some unclear references to it. So...I guess I'm saying I don't see any reason to limit the impact of 4D in xiutye fashion. They COULD go with the Moonbase idea, but I don't see any reason to do so.

Another philosophical question: if there's never a SO6, does it matter what they should do? :)
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: AtmaIllumina

AtmaIllumina
4 months ago#25
xiutye posted...
And your evidence for that is... Right, nothing. Which makes your post worthless as it's attempting to make a statement of fact without backing it up.

There is no reason whatsoever why the lore of the series could not go in exactly the direction I outlined. I don't think that it will (as I stated) not only because they'd have to think of it and choose that direction but more importantly there would have to be a next game, which there probably won't be since this one sunk the series.

Good day.

But your theory is wrong, so no. Maybe you should do a little more research. I don't need to post why.

Cast light upon the darkened earth. Save those lost in despair. O' mighty ocean, guide us as we journey through the darkest pit of night....

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
4 months ago#26
I guess I would go with inventing SO3 style ._. Recruiting inventors and optional team members...
Also what is with the lack of alien humanoid species in SO5 ...
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. So if they make a Star Ocean 6..
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A