• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. All Roles and unlocks for them

User Info: SSJ92goku

SSJ92goku
4 years ago#81
Can anyone tell me what exactly stats like "use fewer actions + 3" or "use more strong attacks +1" means?

Also are there any roles that can extend a characters basic combos? For instance, I like playing with Anne cuz of her skills, but it bugs me that both of her basic short range combos are only 1 hit
"It's Lillard, he got the shot off!"
"LILLARD GOOOOD! GOOOOD!!"

User Info: burqawitz

burqawitz
4 years ago#82
Use fewer actions +3 simply means that - while A.I. controlled, that character will do less. They'll wait a longer amount of time between attacks.

Strong Attacks +1 means that character - once again while A.I. controlled - will favor attacks set to the strong attack button O, rather than the weak attack button X.

There's nothing that changes anyone's basic combos. But it's worth noting that a character like Fidel, who does 2 attacks per button press, each attack is only 50% ATK power. The entire 2 hit attack adds up to 100% ATK. So Fidel's damage output is actually cut in half compared to Anne who only attacks once per button press for 100% of her ATK in a single attack.
I am a cantankerous old goat. But I'm very helpful to people who stay on my good side.
It's best to stay on my good side.

SSJ92goku
4 years ago#83
So should I avoid the use fewer actions roles on AI characters or is the difference pretty negligible? I don't remember exactly what role it is and I'm not at my house right now to check, but I have a use fewer actions +6 on one of my AI characters, is that so much that I should avoid using that role entirely?

User Info: burqawitz

burqawitz
4 years ago#84
That's the sharpshooter role. it improves your critical hit rate. The idea is that the character is taking more time lining up their shots, so they're more likely to get critical hits. It increases your average damage by a little less than 4% at max level. It also makes your character stay at long range, which can be helpful for characters like Fiore and Emmerson, keeping them out of trouble. But they attack less often.

You just really have to pay attention to those characters and watch how they're fighting, and keep the A.I. routines of their roles in mind, to decide if the tradeoff is worth it.

But it is generally better to load up with things that increase the frequency of your attacks, and decrease the frequency of enemy attacks. Reducing your actions is definitely a negative effect.
I am a cantankerous old goat. But I'm very helpful to people who stay on my good side.
It's best to stay on my good side.

SSJ92goku
4 years ago#85
burqawitz posted...
That's the sharpshooter role. it improves your critical hit rate. The idea is that the character is taking more time lining up their shots, so they're more likely to get critical hits. It increases your average damage by a little less than 4% at max level. It also makes your character stay at long range, which can be helpful for characters like Fiore and Emmerson, keeping them out of trouble. But they attack less often.

You just really have to pay attention to those characters and watch how they're fighting, and keep the A.I. routines of their roles in mind, to decide if the tradeoff is worth it.

But it is generally better to load up with things that increase the frequency of your attacks, and decrease the frequency of enemy attacks. Reducing your actions is definitely a negative effect.

Cool, thanks for the advice :D

User Info: Izunagi

Izunagi
4 years ago#86
You can balance it pretty well with other roles like Holy Mother on Miki and Master Tactician on Fiore; and if you put both roles that reduce enemies actions. (It combined to either +16 or 18) you will find pretty much all enemies won't do anything besides one random attack every 5-10 seconds which makes chaos infinitely easier; especially with instant death mobs. >_>
Never attempt to argue or reason with a noob, you will be utterly destroyed by experience.

User Info: Holystar

Holystar
3 years ago#87
Thanks for the list!
Currently playing: (nothing)
Most wanted: Mass Effect 4 (PS4, US)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
2 years ago#88
Tag.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. All Roles and unlocks for them
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A