• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
1 year ago#1
Ok, so I have a level 40 Haku with the others minus Maroro at 36-37. I have cleared the dream battles up to the Tatari one that I lost pretty easily in, so I spent hours trying to level up in the Free Battle against the Tataris only to end up realizing the boss gains little EXP at level 42 even with all allies targeted. So, any tips anyone can give me so I can get this out of the way so I can focus on Truth? I have also done some BP farming but I don't think it's enough. I've been balancing out the stats, more or less.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2

User Info: MR_Soren

MR_Soren
1 year ago#2
Try grinding on a more difficult stage.

Also, the Twins do lots of damage to the Tatari, be sure you are using them.
Let's Attack Aggressively!

User Info: minneyar

minneyar
1 year ago#3
Your XP gains are based on the enemy's level compared to yours, so you won't get much unless the enemy you're attacking is higher-level than you. Also, when you're replaying a stage, if you go into the menu and end the stage early, you'll keep any XP you've earned despite not finishing the stage. Sometimes the fastest way to level up a single character is to make them the only one in your lineup, then on their first turn have them go hit an enemy for XP, then immediately end the stage and restart. It still takes forever -- clearing new levels is by far the fastest way to gain XP -- but it helps a little bit.

Also, for allocating your BP, speed is by far the most important stat, followed by attack. HP and defense are not very useful, not even for the "tank" characters, because endgame Mask of Deception basically turns into a game of one-shotting the enemies before they can one-shot you, regardless of how much defense you have.

aces4839
1 year ago#4
I was able to beat the battle without the twins last night and moved on to beat a few more, but now I'm stuck again on the battle with those undead soldiers and monsters involving two wolf-like enemies. Could be easier if the soldiers and big monsters didn't revive in a new form! I got clobbered while there were still 5 enemies left. However, I did find that depleting the soldier's HP entirely will trigger the Escaping Deaths and they still change to the monsters that they get no access to use the skill.

Also, some enemies haven't one-shotted everyone, so defense can still play out a little. Haku is level 44 now while the rest I use are 40-41.

aces4839
1 year ago#5
Last night, I ended up maxing out all stats for all of them except for Maroro, of course and was able to get past the battle I was stuck on previously through trial and error. I am now on the final one with Munechika. Once I beat it, I have my platinum.
  • Topic Archived