• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
  3. worth clearing the dream battles before starting Truth?

User Info: goofoff06

goofoff06
1 year ago#1
I'm on the post game stuck on dream battle 2. I have Mask of Truth coming in the mail next week (would have got it already but there was a shipping error) and I'm wondering if its worth grinding it out to finish all the dream battles. I heard you get a double exp equip on Truth if you get any char to 50 and carry over data right? Anything else? I'm only around mid to late 30s for the chars I used and the exp is so slow without the first clears exp. Kind of getting tired of seeing enemies 1-2 (if defense skill doesn't activate) hit kill my characters even though I keep the BP stats balanced.

So are the carryover bonuses worth it and does it add anything to the story?

Thanks

User Info: minneyar

minneyar
1 year ago#2
Carryover bonuses include:
1) You keep one of every scroll and codex you have
2) If you get a character to level 50, you get an accessory that doubles XP earned
3) If you max a character's BP, you get an accessory that doubles BP earned

They're nice, but not necessary. The dream battles don't really add anything to the story, but IMO they're quite a bit more fun than the battles in the main story and require you to actually learn the game mechanics and apply some strategy, so I recommend doing them. They also give so much XP that you'll very easily get somebody to 50 without any grinding. (unfortunately, some grinding will be required to get max BP)

1-2 hit kills are basically just the way Mask of Deception works at high levels, and a lot of the strategy involves luring enemies out so you can pick them off one at a time while finding ways to prevent your characters from getting hit.

goofoff06
1 year ago#3
Well I've already done several dozen BP farms I might as well try for max BP on at least Haku. I've been doing dream battle 1 repeatedly. Might be more effecient to do last free battle so I can use all chars but I prefer dream battle 1 even though it has 6 char limit.

Slowly building up Nekone too she was the first char I ditched in my main group so she was like 10-15 levels lower than everyone else.

goofoff06
1 year ago#4
I really wish they added a way to revive chars cause with as many enemies can 1 hit kill you its just getting stupidly hard and not fun at all heh. My last fight Atuy got hit with a combo that did 1400+ damage when she had 800ish hp max yeah that's not fun. To top it off 3 characters were dead in the time one of my characters managed to move once since it was a battle where enemy started close to me and were faster.

I did at least get past dream battle 2. Only reason I'm still trying is I really want those bonuses for when I get Mask of Truth in the mail.

User Info: minneyar

minneyar
1 year ago#5
IMO, speed is the most important stat to increase with BP, followed by attack power. Your characters are still going to get killed in one or two hits no matter how high their defense is, so it's better to forget about it entirely; use scrolls that let you dodge attacks and kill enemies before they can kill you. Uruuru & Saraana and Kiwru are probably the best post-game characters, since U&S can hit large areas and Kiwru can attack twice per round; it usually works pretty well to use U&S's Mothmoth or Nekone's Shikigami to lure enemies into range so you can kill them before they can attack.

Also make sure you pay attention to the elemental affinities of characters and enemies. It's easy to ignore them for the entire main game, but in the post-game it can make the difference between getting one-shotted and being able to take two or three hits. Learning to cancel your attack chains early in order to increase zeal gain so that you can go into overzeal at the right moment to get an extra turn is also pretty important.

goofoff06
1 year ago#6
I'm actually not so sure speed is even working correctly in this game. After replaying dream battle 4 over and over I noticed something odd after looking more closely at the stats. Every single time even the 100 speed enemies move faster than my chars who have speed in the 120's and 130's. If I have a 20-35 speed bonus on them I should not be going last every single time. I keep checking their stats pre battle and I'm not sure what's up.

There's no explanation I can see other than speed and turn order is buggy.

goofoff06
1 year ago#7
Well I managed to hit level 50 on Haku and max all his BP stats after the same battle. I'm so glad I don't have to max level and max BP everyone.

I finished dream battle 15 so I might as well try and finish 16 later.

goofoff06
1 year ago#8
The last dream battle is driving me crazy anyone have any tips? Here's my party Haku 50, Kuon 49, Rulu 49, twins 49, Nosuri 48, Kiwru 46, Atuy 49 and Jachdwalt 44. Nekone is 31 and Ougi is 23 but I don't use them for the battle. The chars I use either have max bp stats (5/8) or just missing a last few speed upgrades for the other 3.

Can't bait them out 1 at a time cause small map and boss has insane hp and can 1 hit KO me.
  1. Boards
  2. Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
  3. worth clearing the dream battles before starting Truth?
  • Topic Archived