• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Which game is better the original Project X Zone or the sequel?

User Info: Brystar25

Brystar25
3 months ago#1
Hello everyone!

I am curious on something I got the sequel to Project X Zone recently and well I do like it, but I am not used to the kind of game is in it, but the crossovers are amazing to see. Was it the best option for me to go with the sequel instead of the original or should I get the original game too.

I got it because it was cheaper for me to get than the original game on Amazon, I have a rule that I am not paying a game well over 100 dollars to get, Skies of Arcadia was around 80 something dollars for me to get but I had to get it because I love that game and I been playing that game alot especially in this weird times.

I checked the Nintendo E-shop couldn't find the game anywhere neither the original so I had to find it on Amazon.

My thoughts of my initial playthrough I am still in the prologue but I am overwhelmed by the different menu setups and all in the game. The character interactions and team ups are the highlights plus more like the music and such, but if I got one beefy game (I mean alot of content and story) than I cannot imagine how the original will be?

Should I get the original too? Or Stick with this one and what differences is between the original and Sequel?

User Info: tommy101

tommy101
3 months ago#2
To answer the topic title, it depends, two quick opinions from me are:
-For the original - it had better character interaction at the end of the battle, as if the battle involved a pair, a solo and support (another pair that was in the area of your fight), you could have interaction between any of the five characters, but in the sequel interaction would only be between the pair and the solo;
-For the sequel - it was easier to complete than the original, which I found a slog, though also on the subject of explaining, the sequel did it better... I was actually somewhat lost playing the original.

To answer your next question, I think you should have gotten the original too, as the sequel is a continuation of the original game, though as mentioned above, I did find the original a bit of a slog, so you might find the original a turn off, if you were to buy it.

Have you tried checking anywhere else, or for second hand copies? I guess I must have been lucky, but then, I think I did buy it closer to when it was released.

To answer your last question, the sequel makes some changes:
-Removal of characters: Kogoro and Mii (original - they are mentioned in the sequel, so I was expecting them to appear); Haken, Kaguya and Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Wars - with M. Bison's princess capture plan, I was expecting Kaguya to return, but she didn't); BlackRose (.hack// - she was such a badass in the original game); Soma and Lindow (God Eater); Frank West (Dead Rising); Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers); Kurt, Riela, Imca and Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles III); Toma, Cyrille and Riemsianne La Vaes (Shining Force EXA); Neneko/Neito (Yumeria); Alisa Bosconovitch (Tekken); Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins); Princess Devilotte de DeathSatan IX (Cyberbots); Tron Bonne (Mega Man); Lady (Devil May Cry); Batsu (Rival Schools).

-Changes to characters: Dante and Demitri Maximoff (Devil May Cry and Darkstalkers - split into new pairs); Jin and Xiaoyu (Tekken - split into new pairs); Akira and Pai (Virtua Fighter - split, and Pai now solo); Ichiro, Sakura, Erica and Gemini (Sakura Wars - pairs re-arranged); Zephyr, Leanne and Vashyron (Resonance of Fate - re-arranged, Leanne now solo); Yuri, Estelle and Flynn (Tales of Vespira - re-arranged, Estelle now solo); Alisa (God Eater - now solo).

-New characters: Vergil and Nelo Angelo (Devil May Cry); Strider Hiryu and Tong Pooh (Strider - cameo of Pei Pooh and Sai Pooh in latter's Special Attack); Hotsuma (Shinobi); Kage-Maru (Virtua Fighter); Kazuma and Goro (Yakuza); Kazuya Mishima and Unknown (Tekken); Haseo (.hack//); Ciel and Nana (God Eater 2); Fiora and Metal Face (Xenoblade Chronicles); Chrom, Lucina and Tiki (Fire Emblem); Leon and Ada (Resident Evil); Phoenix, Maya and Miles (Ace Attorney - cameo of Steel Samurai and Pink Princess as attacks); Felicia and BB Hood (Darkstalkers); Captain Commando (Captain Commando - cameo of Michelle Heart in Special Attack), June (Star Gladiator); Ingrid (Street Fighter); Axel (Streets of Rage); Hibana (Nightshade); Segata Sanshiro (SEGA Saturn Adverts); Ryo (Shenmue); Natsu (Soul Calibur); Aty (Summon Night); Sheath and Chizuru Urashima (original); Sylphie (Forgotten Worlds); Miyuki (Ordyne); Tarosuke and Otohime (Yokai Dochuki).

The sequel also includes three shops, one of which is usually available at the end of each battle.
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)

User Info: tommy101

tommy101
3 months ago#3
Oh, I missed out Chun-Li and Morrigan Aensland (Street Fighter and Darkstalkers), they were split into new pairs with the sequel.
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Which game is better the original Project X Zone or the sequel?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A