• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Chapter 26 is a very fair and totally not cheap level at all.

User Info: Takimeko

Takimeko
7 months ago#1
So, I just picked up X Zone 2 again after about 1 or 2 years of not playing due to 3DS trouble. I decided to start playing again, going through and having a decent time
Then f***ing Chapter 25-26 come in and now i'm on the verge of just saying f*** it and smashing the cartridge with a hammer.

I've been trying all sorts of s***, from changing up my tactics (like either having a few characters guard the DT or just going through an all out attack), to even looking up stuff online that I thought would help. Nothing has worked, and the only thing I can think of is that either my party isn't leveled up enough (which would be absolutely ridiculous considering it's a linear RPG), or the level is just straight up nonsense (which I think it totally is.) I'm abusing the hell out of items, using multi-attacks as much as possible (though when I do they do pitiful damage and even then I seem to have atrocious luck cuz they are very rarely ever available, and when they are it's a character who has pretty much no attack range.), and i'm countering at every opportunity I get.
I honestly don't even know what to say, this level sucks.
"I just wanna play video games" - Hunter Watson, 2006

User Info: tommy101

tommy101
4 months ago#2
I don't recall having a problem, but then maybe that was because I'd played Project x Zone immediately before it, which I found to be a more difficult game.

The fact the topic title seems to be different to the topic itself reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/31HaTbWONmQ?t=50
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)

User Info: Martyr__

Martyr__
4 months ago#3
My strategy was that I relied on characters like Strider and Ichiro Ogami that could increase the movement range of other allies using the skills menu. Option B for Strider and Cpt. Command: Wind for Ichiro.

I also used the solo unit axel mainly because one of his skills raises attack by a huge amount and the other one increases XP by 100 points. I usually pair him with the Chun-li unit because most of their attacks connect without any problem.

I spammed the hell out of multi-attacks.

The characters I beat the stage with were

Strider unit and Dante unit fighting against the demons

Chun-li unit, Ciel unit, and the X unit against the zombies

KOS - MOS unit and Akira unit against Pyron's side

Reiji unit and Chrom unit fighting against Skeith and Tri edge

The problem here was with damage output and not health (since I had so many revival potions) so all my items I equipped my units with were only attack based.

I also used skill that raised damage before doing a multi attack or attacking a boss.

I always made sure I had enough points to use a special attack on an enemy just in case something went wrong and the damage didn't go through how i thought it would.

I did this over a few times and was able to get through not by my strategy but because a flying zombie took pity on me and decide on to kill my motivation.

I hoped this at least helped.

Also certain auto skills are OP

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 months ago#4
Until this chapter I didn’t even know I can customize where my units go and which ones I wanna send out minus the default setting. It’s bad design but definitely doable. Good time as any to use the items
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG retired hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Chapter 26 is a very fair and totally not cheap level at all.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A