• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. No more crossing dimensions for a while

User Info: tommy101

tommy101
1 year ago#1
So finally finished both Project x Zone games; actually played through the second game twice, for the extras, like the Challenge Stages, though only managed four of them, and to see what would happen when we bought Syphie's dress.

Oh yes, playing Project x Zone 2 a second time did unlock an onsen event... I have to wonder if there was a similar event in Project x Zone when playing the game a second time?

You know I was pretty lost playing the first game, I actually wasn't able to work out who the main characters were, whether it was Mii and Kogoro, or Xiaomu and Reiji; things made a lot more sense in the second game, as it explained that there was a "Game 0", Namco x Capcom.

Keep wondering whether to play the first game, y'know see if I'm less confused about things a second time around, but it was quite a slog, so I don't think I will, though I do think about playing through other games in Xiaomu and Reiji's story, such as Namco x Capcom and Endless Frontier, which are both before Project x Zone.

Feel they stepped the Gainax-ing down over the two games; in the first game, it was a case of "any female character that could, would" (Mii, Morrigan, Pai, Hsien-Ko, Xiaomu, Alisa, Kagura, Riela, Xiaoyu, KOS-MOS, T-elos and Saya), whilst in the second game, it was dropped to a select few (Sheath, Saya, Felicia, KOS-MOS and Ciel), but only in instances like the opening, or battle screen avatars; heck it seems that "Game 0" and Endless Frontier even had Gainax-ing in the opening (Taki and Neige).

Playing the first game, I don't believe I used many multi-attacks, as I never saw .hack's multi-attack with just BlackRose, or Tales' multi-attack with just Estelle; I was thinking how Estelle had been "kicked to the curb" given she wasn't in the Special Attack, when all other pairs had both in their Special Attacks.

Playing the second game, I was initially surprised when only one of a pair featured in the Special Attacks (usually), but then I found that it would be balanced out in the multi-attacks (which I started using more than in the last game), as the other character from the pair would feature in that attack.

The animation and the results screen in the second game looked more simplified than those in the first, but regarding the animation, I found later that it was just the case with Xiaomu and Reiji; I feel that with this game, they were trying to capture the individual iconic look of each pair and solo, to show how they come from different properties.

Simplifying the pre-battle interaction in the second game, disappointed me, as in the first game, it seemed you could have interaction from any of five characters (as long as you had a pair, a solo, and support), but this game, the interaction would only come from the pair and solo.

Also, I kept holding out for more characters until the very end; when Otohime, Taro and Miles Edgeworth popped up, I thought "three characters appear at the same time, pair and solo?", but alas not; M. Bison's princess capture plan, I thought "next, Kagura?", but no; constant references to Mii and Kogoro, but nothing came of it.

Shops were a big help in this game; Urashima and Syphie were hilarious when they were working as shopkeepers... heck, they weren't, they were often hilarious too.

I would quite like to see a third game, after all, Bayonetta and Dante still need an introduction, and Kamiya said after her refused for the second game, he now regrets.
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. No more crossing dimensions for a while
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A