• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. What are the chances of a sequel?

User Info: KyuJuEX099

KyuJuEX099
1 year ago#31
Like 0.01% chance.

For now, I want to nurture Bandai Namco, Capcom, and Sega games 1st before making another big crossover.
Crossovers... Possibilities are endless...
-unknown

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
1 year ago#32
KyuJuEX099 posted...
Like 0.01% chance.

For now, I want to nurture Bandai Namco, Capcom, and Sega games 1st before making another big crossover.
This.

Only thing I can see is just a twin pack of the first two games. That is all I see. The games had some pretty poor reception and bad PR and lack of advertising.

However, PamPam and his merry alts are gonna cry wolf towards me.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

User Info: ign0to

ign0to
1 year ago#33
The people who worked on these games are no longer at Monolith Soft, so unless they take the risk of getting a brand new team, it's not happening.

User Info: WillDemon

WillDemon
11 months ago#34
I can't believe there are still topics going on about this game. I can't believe Jibui is still here, harping on about people wanting Mario, Sonic, and Marvel in the game. It's like this is the Groundhog Day area of Gamefaqs.

I'd love one more game, and I'd love it even more if it landed on Switch. But it's essentially dead in the water as the poster above me stated.... those responsible for these games went on to other endeavours.

At best, if we get anything at all it won't be a sequel but a new X series.

User Info: IceWave

IceWave
11 months ago#35
WillDemon posted...
At best, if we get anything at all it won't be a sequel but a new X series.

My thoughts exactly. I think it's safe to say Project X Zone itself as a name brand is over, but that doesn't mean they won't ever make another crossover series. If they do make a new one down the line, I hope they consider crossing anime and game universes together, but only anime universes where the power levels aren't too over the top and only ones where they can neatly fit into the RPG mold, like Slayers and Ancient Magus's Bride. That's just my two cents on it.

WillDemon
11 months ago#36
IceWave posted...
but only anime universes where the power levels aren't too over the top and only ones where they can neatly fit into the RPG mold

Asura's Wrath sweats nervously

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
10 months ago#37
I hope we see something from the X series on Switch/Steam/and PS4. Putting it on those 3 platforms could make it worth the dev time. I really just need more Reiji Arisu.
Reiji Arisu, Elma, Wonder Red, Steve, and Rex as DLC!

User Info: tommy101

tommy101
10 months ago#38
kaliskonig posted...
I hope we see something from the X series on Switch/Steam/and PS4. Putting it on those 3 platforms could make it worth the dev time. I really just need more Reiji Arisu.

You played Endless Frontier, where Reiji, Xiaomu, Saya, KOS-MOS and T-elos (I think), join Kaguya and Hakuen on their turf?
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)

WillDemon
10 months ago#39
kaliskonig posted...

The absolute luckiest we'd get is a switch release, but there's no way it would go further than that if we got another X series. The market just isn't there on PS4 or XBOX, Steam is just kind of there so it could land there but even then it's a huge stretch.

This crossover style is even more niche than the anime crossovers like J Stars and Jump Force, but those work only because of characters like Goku, Naruto etc which people and kids especially recognize. Or similarly, Marvel vs Capcom/ Capcom vs <insert series here> because of equal opportunity marketing plausibility. These titles are almost purely niche especially with the character selection being more obscure, rarely used or unfamiliar to the common consumer. Sure, they might see Dante or Ryu, but are likely to pass it over due to unfamiliarity with the other 95% of the roster.

Some people (let's say most, to be honest) don't even understand the concept of crossovers and why they can be, at times, big deals because of what has to happen behind the scenes for it to even get past the idea pitching process. Or the legalities involved. Hence why I'd say that the Switch is the best case scenario for a console release of this kind of game.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. What are the chances of a sequel?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A