You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Nintendo characters why not?

User Info: Anarky777

Anarky777
1 month ago#1
Some backround information.The reason I orginally got into the X zone games, was because Fire Emblem was in the second game's roster, I came for Fire Emblem but stuck around for the rest of the cast. I now have both xzone game, both super robot wars games, Namco x capcom and cross edge. I love anything crossover and the bigger the crossover the more I love it. I have recently seen many are anti-nintendo in project x zone and I will not argue against that,(I have only played these games for a year, and if you say that nintendo is bad for x zone, I guess I have to agree) what I ask of you is if you could please state why Nintendo is bad for x zone and if you would like other companies to join x zone. As always I will respect your opinions, thank you!

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
4 weeks ago#2
From what I see, I dont think its bad for nintendo specifically to be added outside of the few guests they had in the second game, but rather just having a fourth company in general would be a poor decision.

To be honest, the roster size would likely stay pretty close to the same unless it gets brought back to a home console, meaning that there would be a LOT of cuts from the other three companies to even them out, creating a bigger issue.

That and if I suppose many characters from Nintendo simply would feel very weird and out of place in a game like this due to its tone, like mario, pokemon, kirby and other silent protagonists like Link would be demoted to sattelite characters for this reason
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
4 weeks ago#3
CircusMonster posted...
From what I see, I dont think its bad for nintendo specifically to be added outside of the few guests they had in the second game, but rather just having a fourth company in general would be a poor decision.

To be honest, the roster size would likely stay pretty close to the same unless it gets brought back to a home console, meaning that there would be a LOT of cuts from the other three companies to even them out, creating a bigger issue.

That and if I suppose many characters from Nintendo simply would feel very weird and out of place in a game like this due to its tone, like mario, pokemon, kirby and other silent protagonists like Link would be demoted to sattelite characters for this reason

WHich is why they went with Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

Pokemon's second party and Game Freak is pretty protective of the IP and much rather keep the series squeaky clean than be in a game with boob jokes and other sorts of things.

And Pokemon anime and games are two different beasts.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Nintendo characters why not?