You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. out of there characters that i think could be cool solos in Project x Zone 3.

User Info: Orpeiu50

Orpeiu50
1 month ago#1
Nokia from Digimon: Cybersleuth, Mercedes Marten from Dragon's Dogma and Cheval from Monster Hunter: Stories.
I do think those 3 characters are overlooked (well they're pretty obscure so it's understable) and i think they could be chosen as a solo units if a PXZ3 happens.

Cheval from Monster Hunter: Stories would be the perfect MH rep i think, even through he's from an spin-off (like the Zombie revenge guy, that he repped House of the Dead), MH doesn't have any actual characters with personalities at all in the main games not even NPCs, so Stories is realistically the only MH playable representation they can add in the game, it doesn't necesarily have to be Cheval, it could be any other of the imporant NPCs of the game (Reverto or Avinia would work too as solos), but Cheval is the most popular one in Japan as far i know.

Mercedes Marten from Dragon's Dogma: She's probably the most popular charcter from DD, along with Madeline and Julien (both of them would work as solos as well, but Mercedes is the most popular character still).
Not much too say about her, only that she would be a good curveball character that no one would see coming kinda like Neneko.

Nokia from Digimon: Cybersleuth: She's a playable character in the first game and she uses the mascot of the series: Agumon...and she's pretty popular in Japan so if there's a digimon rep, i'm betting it's going to be her, the absense of Digimon probably was because none of the digimon tamers had much of a personality pre-cybersleuth, but now that Cybersleuth exist...i think it's safe to say that a Digimon rep is pretty likely now, even if it's just a Solo unit.

Sure, they're all NPCs (Altrough Nokia is playable temporally i think), but God Eater reps are all NPCs in their games so i dont think it matters.

What are you guys curveball solo units and what do you think of my proposal?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: contrafan

contrafan
1 month ago#2
How about Richard Miller from Time Crisis? He's the sole character in the original game, the only one without a partner. He's called the "One-Man Army" for a reason.
"It's almost tea time! Care to join me?" -Mii Koryuji, Project X Zone

User Info: Orpeiu50

Orpeiu50
1 month ago#3
contrafan posted...
How about Richard Miller from Time Crisis? He's the sole character in the original game, the only one without a partner. He's called the "One-Man Army" for a reason.

I'm totally fine with a Time Crisis rep, actually im fine with any new character they add, specially from an unrepresented series, PXZ2 had a lot of returning characters, if PXZ3 doesn't have much new characters the game will feel stale and we don't want that.
PXZ3 should bring some obscure franchises to the mix, im tired of them reusing the same IPs over and
over, PXZ1 did this and it was pretty cool...Yumeria, Shining Force, Cyberbots, Zombie Revenge (it's part of the House of Dead series, but still obscure), Die Hard Arcade...but PXZ2 was mostly reashed stuff with barely any surprises honestly, im tired of jin, chun li, yuri, sakura wars...

Also, Digimon rep will likely be one of the 4 main characters from Hacker's memory if im realistic since its the most recent one, but i like Nokia way better than any of them honestly.
I hope Reverto or Avinia get over Cheval for MH rep, but there's no way in hell that will happen, since Cheval is more popular overall.

back to the point... characters that they should remove for PXZ3 to leave room to newcomers:
Chirs Redfield and Jill Valentine: Resident Evil/Time Crisis pair would be enough Leon/Regina.
Dante and Vergil: We don't really need them again, replace it with Nero as the only DMC rep and pair him with someone else.
Ken Masters: It' has been there since NxC, there's better SF characters to choose from.
Kage Maru: Akira/Pai Chan pair is good enough.
Sakura Wars: Sakura/Erica pair or the ones from Sakura Wars 6, we don't need 2 pairs.
Resonance of Fate trio: there's SEGA IPs that need representation, we dont need this 3 times in a row.
Kite: either cut .hack// or pair Haseo with someone from //GU, i love Kite but we don't need him 3 times on a row.
God Eater: Bye Alisa, Ciel, Nana: replace by someone from God Eater 3, we need some fresh blood.
Chrom/Lucina/Fiora: Replace by another guests from another company.
Felicia: Unecesary, DarkStalkers doesn't need 3 reps.
Captain Commando: Boring character, rather have Viewtiful Joe.
Ingrid and Natsu: Just no.
Ulala: Replace her by Beat or Nights.
Hibana: Unecesary character.
Aty: SN is cool, but i think other franchises from namco deserve representation first.
Segata Sanshiro: Dumb meme character.

And i think those would be my cuts for PXZ3.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: contrafan

contrafan
1 month ago#4
I don’t know what else to put.
"It's almost tea time! Care to join me?" -Mii Koryuji, Project X Zone
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. out of there characters that i think could be cool solos in Project x Zone 3.