• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. New to this game, need suggestion on character.

User Info: Clementee

Clementee
3 months ago#1
So I just played this game for like 3 days, and finally reaches chapter 16 now. I admit I still didn't know a lot about this game and haven't been using every skill to the fullest. I don't even know what was ZOC until yesterday's night.

I am now torn between characters to choose for my party. I am torn between this 2:

-Morrigan/Demitri: I feel like they hit average, and hard to gain critical with them. Overtime, I learned the timing for their attacks and starts to almost consistently pulls out crit with them. I really like crit and so they are starting to grow on me. I also love their Atk Range+1. However their super and their map attack are very mediocre, I am not really sure if they worth it.

-Chris/Jill: This two was my 2nd best pair unit before because I feel like they are the easiest to pulls off crit. Even now I still consistently pulls out crit with them. They grow on me for quite some time but as I went through more chapters, I feel like they become weaker compared to other characters. I love their EXP+ skill but thats it. Their map attack is even worse than Morrigan/Demitri.

I am not sure which one of them is better for the party. I admit, once again, havent been paying much attention to their overall skills. I don't know whats mirage cancel either. I didn't really take advantage of cross break either as most of the time I pulls out attacks one by one to make sure they got the most hit. I don't feel cross freeze is reliable as I notice a lot of attacks can automatically miss if a lot of attacks are delivered at the same time. For example A+L+R

As for my other units, the bests are

-Jin/Kazuya: Seriously, their normal attack damage are ridiculous, I paired them with Heihachi and learnt how to consistently pulls out crit with them (except against lightweights). They are pretty much my best pair unit, Normal attacks hit like trucks, high def, supportive buffs, Move+, good super. Their area attacks are not really great but eh they are not meant for those.

-Xiaoyu/Chun-li: Possibly my 2nd best pair units now, I love them a lot. Their damage is mediocre but they build XP super fast, they have 6 moves, and their map attacks hits like Trucks.

-Fiora/KOSMOS: Not as good as the other 2, but this pairing is my favorite. I feel like they are the easiest to get crits. They got move+1 too which is nice. They also hit quite a lot of times so I feel easy to break blocks with them, though not as much as Xiaomu/Reiji. Other than that nothing much about them but I love them because of how easy it is to crit with them. They also have nice def, so its a bonus.

Vergil/Dante and Akira/Kagemaru are notably mentioned for being super damaging too, though not as destructive as Jin/Kazuya. I was however pleasantly surprised by how strong Akira/Kagemaru is, really didn't expect them to deal such ridiculous damage.

Meanwhile for this units...

-Megaman/Zero and Kite/Haseo: I pretty much have the same problem with this 2. They don't hit much, they don't have MAP attack... Or probably they do at a higher level but for now, they dont, They don't hit hurts, and its hard to crit with them. I really don't feel like they are worth it at all. I really wanna play the megabois but they are just super duper hyper uber underwhelming to me.

Most of my characters are now lvl 15, not sure which one should I put more investment to, DS duo or RE duo. Any suggestion?
In need of PS4 and money to buy games.

User Info: MedicalGamer

MedicalGamer
3 months ago#2
Just try to keep everyone as evenly balanced as possible. There will be missions that forces you to use certain duos.

Also some duos get their map attacks from leveling up while some from story progress.
UMVC3: Wright/Dante/Ammy FEH Team Eirika/Nino/Nowi/Cordelia
The Official Lawn Chair Seller for those who want to watch the drama

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 months ago#3
Dante and Vergil can become incredibly powerful.

Nana also hits like the express train.

Don’t forget strider as well.

They carried me through 26...
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
3 months ago#4
You want to keep everyone fairly balanced or else or you will completely screw yourself over in the last two chapters making them unwinnable.
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
3 months ago#5
CircusMonster posted...
You want to keep everyone fairly balanced or else or you will completely screw yourself over in the last two chapters making them unwinnable.

This.

You can also have units act like a healer for your party or use their buffs to help some of your other units. Don't focus on levelling one pair.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

User Info: Clementee

Clementee
3 months ago#6
Crap my Kiteseo is still lvl 10 while the others are lvl 21 lol...
In need of PS4 and money to buy games.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. New to this game, need suggestion on character.
  • Topic Archived