You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Namco had no intention of ending the PXZ series with this game, right?

User Info: contrafan

contrafan
3 months ago#1
If they were going to continue the series after this game, they should have done something like put a "Reiji Arisu will return" message at the end of the game's closing credits just to reassure gamers and fans that the series has no intention of ending. Besides, didn't the creators already say that they would like to do PXZ3 in the future?

User Info: trewerd

trewerd
3 months ago#2
I dunno. Another game would be great, but I really liked the way this one ended. It felt more like a conclusion to the overall storyline started by Namco X Capcom.
Dwarven Vow Number 10: Play hard, play often.

contrafan
3 months ago#3
Don't know how it concluded the arc, though. I don't think destroying Byaku Shin and Saya made Ouma itself disappear. Removing the leader of a terrorist organization doesn't eliminate the organization itself, sometimes. And besides, didn't Ouma have its own branches and Saya have any backup bodies like M. Bison had?

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
3 months ago#4
Too much of the series would get stagnant.

Most people are overly familiar with Reiji and prefer him.

Yes, the people behind the games would want to see a third in the future, but it is straw grasping now.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

contrafan
3 months ago#5
I would like to see the heroes of PXZ 1 and 2 again. They have to continue this.

Jibui
3 months ago#6
2 felt dead on arrival and even if the producers want another one, it needs some spice and flare.

The battle system is what killed it for me and this is coming from someone who prefers SRW over PxZ's press this to hear flashy screaming.

Plus the whole customising your characters made it way too easy.

Inbefore "dat chapter waz hard!!" It was still cheesed with the customising your characters.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

contrafan
3 months ago#7
Though to be honest, if they do make PXZ3 they better not throw a level from hell at us like Chapter 26 from the second game...

Jibui
3 months ago#8
contrafan posted...
Though to be honest, if they do make PXZ3 they better not throw a level from hell at us like Chapter 26 from the second game...

I didn't find that chapter hard, just a bulls*** chapter.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

contrafan
3 months ago#9
So what? They better not give us a chapter like that again, I swear.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: PhantomPete

PhantomPete
3 months ago#10
No word either way, and nobody expected the first two. They haven't given up on the genre entirely with Super Robot Wars so who knows?
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Namco had no intention of ending the PXZ series with this game, right?