• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. I give up. *spoilers*

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
8 months ago#51
rugahboi posted...
Do I have to give you the definition of hyperbole too? Seems like I do, since you don't seem to understand that I used "ancient" to emphasize that the game is old. i even put (basically) ahead of it. So you should have know I wasn't using the literal definition of it. And as far as Hyperbole goes, that's actually an extremely mild use of it. Since the two are synonymous with each other unlike other uses of it (E.G: when someone use literally in a non literal sense).

Ancient is a hyperbolic form of old, not a synonym. Extremely mild sound silly.

rugahboi posted...
? Jumping the gun means acting too hastily. You jumped into the conversation and claimed my use of of the word was flat out wrong without actually checking to see if you were right. And nah, that was actually just cool a coincidence. I just liked the way it sounded in my head while typing it.

Oh, you thought I was hasty in saying you were wrong. Jumping the gun makes sense in that context.

rugahboi posted...
I actually do, and one of the descriptions of a Nazi is "a person who seeks to impose their views on others in a very autocratic or inflexible way"

What's the source on that?

rugahboi posted...
Sorry, no take backs.

Ok, Mr. Shark Jumper.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
8 months ago#52
So he likes to use Godwin's law. Cute.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

bidas100
8 months ago#53
Jibui posted...
So he likes to use Godwin's law. Cute.

It's not real Nazis. It's a hyperbole. He gets all his definitions from an ancient, hyperbolic dictionary. It features sharks jumping in hyperbolas.

User Info: rugahboi

rugahboi
8 months ago#54
bidas100 posted...
Ancient is a hyperbolic form of old, not a synonym.

... Are you really arguing against what the f***ing dictionary says right now? You realize how stupid that is right?

What's the source on that?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nazi

1.2 A person who seeks to impose their views on others in a very autocratic or inflexible way.

Here's another flavor.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Nazi

b : one who is likened to a German Nazi : a harshly domineering, dictatorial, or intolerant person

Ok, Mr. Shark Jumper.

Actually you'd be the Shark jumper. I just said it.
i.imgur.com/KeE1bIk.png?1

bidas100
8 months ago#55
rugahboi posted...
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nazi

1.2 A person who seeks to impose their views on others in a very autocratic or inflexible way.

That's a dictionary for stupid people. Probably why literally and figuratively now mean the same thing.

rugahboi posted...
Here's another flavor.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Nazi

b : one who is likened to a German Nazi : a harshly domineering, dictatorial, or intolerant person

How am I like an actual Nazi though? I don't even support Trump.

rugahboi
8 months ago#56
bidas100 posted...
That's a dictionary for stupid people. Probably why literally and figuratively now mean the same thing.

You're entitled to your opinion on Oxford's dictionary. But the fact is, it is considered an official source. One that also explains that the informal use of literal is by it's very description; considered unofficial.

How am I like an actual Nazi though? I don't even support Trump.

Didn't say you were like an actual Nazi. Just that you'd make a good one/you may as well march with them. Specifically because of your insistence to dictate my mood, dictate the definition of words (even against the f***ing dictionary), and dictate how to use them; simply because it's how you would. Do you really not notice how closed minded you come off as? You may not bump Adolf in your stereo. But you do seem to enjoy asserting your own personal beliefs over another's.

Now, I've already proven that our opposing opinions are both valid, just like I've proven that my use and understanding of words is just as, if not more valid than your use of them (considering the fact that you actually tried to challenge well respected dictionaries :V). So as far as I'm concerned, this is done. But if you want to keep being petty, then by all means; continue playing spot the semantic.

bidas100
8 months ago#57
rugahboi posted...
Didn't say you were like an actual Nazi. Just that you'd make a good one/you may as well march with them.

I'm brown. Why would I march with Nazis?

rugahboi
8 months ago#58
bidas100 posted...
rugahboi posted...
Didn't say you were like an actual Nazi. Just that you'd make a good one/you may as well march with them.

Read the sentence after the one you quoted. Slowly if you need to; because I answered that question before you even asked it.

bidas100
8 months ago#59
rugahboi posted...
bidas100 posted...
rugahboi posted...

Read the sentence after the one you quoted. Slowly if you need to; because I answered that question before you even asked it.

Shouldn't you march with Nazis because you don't know what words mean?

rugahboi
8 months ago#60
bidas100 posted...
rugahboi posted...
bidas100 posted...
rugahboi posted...

Shouldn't you march with Nazis because you don't know what words mean?

Not only does that not make sense (not really surprising since it's coming from you).. But it's ironic because it's coming from the dunce that posted this stupid s***.

Ancient is a hyperbolic form of old, not a synonym

How do you manage to f*** up not once, but twice in a single sentence (don't worry, I don't actually care about your answer)? You're either playing incredibly dumb at this point, or you're not playing at all. Either way, I'm not getting paid to teach you how to properly use the English language. So you're free to continue being as clueless as you want.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. I give up. *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived