• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. I give up. *spoilers*

User Info: rugahboi

rugahboi
8 months ago#41
bidas100 posted...
No. I wouldn't even consider PXZ1 an old game. Maybe if it was on the DS.

I see, so you're threshold for what is considered old is different. That's fine.

Now you're saying that ancient and old are synonyms. That contradicts your previous testimony:

rugahboi posted...
If you want to be literal and s*** about it, no video game is ancient. Since the oldest ones are roughly 30-40 years old.

As expected, you're trying to split hairs again because your argument has no legs to stand on (not that it ever did). Nothing is contradicted, because the literal definition of Ancient is something that is extremely old. Which I never denied. That still doesn't change the fact that the word is officially recognized as being synonymous with the much less "grandiose" word "old". Thus my use of the word "ancient" is, and always was an acceptable substitute. Especially since I was being hyperbolic to emphasize my belief of the game being old. So, wanna try again?

If you want to be literal, literally no one here likes you.

https://imgtc.com/J6uBWBx

^s***, seems the image gives no f***s either. :<

Even if you were right, your extremely poor attitude is off putting.

"If" he says. Poor guy, would admitting you were wrong in front of your buddies bruise your ego that much? :<

No one wants to side with a jerk who clearly doesn't know how to interact with other people.

Oh no! Faceless names on the internet don't like me!

Here's another tip: Gamefaqs has a block feature. So if you find that your ass is too tender to deal with "mean" people like me. You should use it. :V

You blow up at the smallest of things.

"How dare you b**** about my word choice! f*** off!" Does this sound like a sane person?

Am I...

Sarcastic? Sure.
Insensitive? I'll own that.
Rude? Right again.

None of those require me to be "mad" or "blow up" though.
i.imgur.com/KeE1bIk.png?1

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
8 months ago#42
rugahboi posted...
As expected, you're trying to split hairs again because your argument has no legs to stand on (not that it ever did). Nothing is contradicted, because the literal definition of Ancient is something that is extremely old. Which I never denied. That still doesn't change the fact that the word is officially recognized as being synonymous with the much less "grandiose" word "old". Thus my use of the word "ancient" is, and always was an acceptable substitute. Especially since I was being hyperbolic to emphasize my belief of the game being old. So, wanna try again?

I actually don't know what you are arguing for. Can a video game be considered ancient? Definitely. Can a video game that was made five minutes ago be considered ancient? Sure, but people are going to question your word choice. When they do, this is not an acceptable response:

rugahboi posted...
^ "I have nothing to of value to add to the topic, so instead I'll find something extremely arbitrary to b**** about."

Ironically, this very post could describe most of your posts here. You made a mountain out of a molehill.

rugahboi posted...
[broken image]
^s***, seems the image gives no f***s either. :<

Not even that image wants anything to do with you.

rugahboi posted...
"If" he says. Poor guy, would admitting you were wrong in front of your buddies bruise your ego that much? :<

What exactly do you want me to admit to being wrong about?

rugahboi posted...
your ass to too tender to deal with

This has gotten oddly sexual. I didn't expect this turn of events.

rugahboi posted...
Am I...

Sarcastic? Sure.
Insensitive? I'll own that.
Rude? Right again.

None of those require me to be "mad" or "blow up" though.

You're too emotionally stunted to see how your posts are coming off as. Every single one of your posts look like you're blowing up against another user.

rugahboi posted...
Oh no! Faceless names on the internet don't like me!

I highly doubt that it's only internet people that you have trouble interacting with.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
8 months ago#43
I dunno who is more foolish. Contrafan or rugahboi.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

bidas100
8 months ago#44
Jibui posted...

What did Contrafan do?

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
8 months ago#45
bidas100 posted...
Jibui posted...

What did Contrafan do?

Read the last few posts in the topic "Project X Zone 3 is probably never hapening, even if i'd be nice"
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

rugahboi
8 months ago#46
bidas100 posted...
What exactly do you want me to admit to being wrong about?

I actually don't know what you are arguing for. Can a video game be considered ancient? Definitely. Can a video game that was made five minutes ago be considered ancient? Sure, but people are going to question your word choice. When they do, this is not an acceptable response:

I hear there are pills for that lack of attention span.

You: An "ancient" video game would be a game that's old compared to other games. I have no idea why you're trying so hard to defend your poor word choice.

Attempting to assert your own subjective opinion on what a word means, while ridiculing my use of it. Even though the dictionary reiterates everything I said. :V

You obviously have a different threshold for what you consider "old". To you, an almost 3 year old game, with no dev support, new playermade discoveries (making it essentially; "dead"), ect. doesn't constitute as old. That's your opinion, and that's fine. What isn't fine is trying to tell me I'm wrong in my assertion that the game is old. Or that my use of hyperbole is "poor wording".

As far as i'm concerned that's the problem between me and you. I say "as far as I'm concerned", because I don't care about what you think of me as a person; I'm not here to be your buddy, I only come here to talk about the game, and help out if someone needs it.

Ironically, this very post could describe most of your posts here. You made a mountain out of a molehill.

And it can also describe most of yours. I mean you're the one that butted in to state my use of a word was wrong. Now instead of owning up to the fact that you might have jumped the shark, you'd rather prolong the issue by swimming in a sea of semantics (hell, you don't even have to say you were "wrong". Just accept that our opinion on the age of the game are different).

Fact is, every post after Contrafan's last one serves no purpose here; because this topic was already resolved.

Not even that image wants anything to do with you.

Ooh, now that's some pretty good wit. Good for you, sport. d('') )

This has gotten oddly sexual. I didn't expect this turn of events.

Too much context has to be removed to make that one work though.

You're too emotionally stunted to see how your posts are coming off as. Every single one of your posts look like you're blowing up against another user.

Couldn't possibly be that maybe you're just too emotionally invested. Nope. I mean, the other dude that I directed my initial post to called me an a******, a troll, and then moved on. You're still prolonging this though.

Arguing with emotion only makes it harder to see the other person's point of view.

I highly doubt that it's only internet people that you have trouble interacting with.

You'd be wrong then. I'm actually pretty easy to get along with. Not only because of my malleable taste in media (which makes it easy to share interests with various people). But also because of how accepting I am of other people, no matter how different their life choice, or their views are. And despite how blunt I am with my choice of words, my actual demeanor while speaking them is very chill. In my experience, the only people that don't like me are those that don't know me personally, or bulls***ters.

bidas100
8 months ago#47
rugahboi posted...
Attempting to assert your own subjective opinion on what a word means, while ridiculing my use of it. Even though the dictionary reiterates everything I said. :V

You obviously have a different threshold for what you consider "old". To you, an almost 3 year old game, with no dev support, new playermade discoveries (making it essentially; "dead"), ect. doesn't constitute as old. That's your opinion, and that's fine. What isn't fine is trying to tell me I'm wrong in my assertion that the game is old. Or that my use of hyperbole is "poor wording".

First of all, I don't care about your word choice. I only posted about it because you were being needlessly rude.

Don't think I didn't notice how your last post only mentioned "ancient" when quoting me. You moved the goalposts by claiming ancient is synonymous with old. That's like claiming that extreme is synonymous with moderate. Now you're exclusively describing the game as old. That's basically admitting defeat. Looks like you don't have that much faith in your own subjective opinion.

rugahboi posted...
And it can also describe most of yours. I mean you're the one that butted in to state my use of a word was wrong. Now instead of owning up to the fact that you might have jumped the shark, you'd rather prolong the issue by swimming in a sea of semantics (hell, you don't even have to say you were "wrong". Just accept that our opinion on the age of the game are different).

Really? In an attempt to defend your choice of words, you used "jumped the shark" in a nonsensical manner. What do you even think the phrase means?

rugahboi posted...
Ooh, now that's some pretty good wit. Good for you, sport. d('') )

Thanks.

rugahboi posted...
Couldn't possibly be that maybe you're just too emotionally invested. Nope. I mean, the other dude that I directed my initial post to called me an a******, a troll, and then moved on. You're still prolonging this though.

Arguing with emotion only makes it harder to see the other person's point of view.

Doesn't all of that apply to you more though? This is my topic. You said another user watch b****ing, told me to f*** off, and then called me a Nazi (more evidence that you know what words mean), but you're still here. How can you say that I'm emotional, when you've swore at everyone here?

rugahboi posted...
You'd be wrong then. I'm actually pretty easy to get along with. Not only because of my malleable taste in media (which makes it easy to share interests with various people). But also because of how accepting I am of other people, no matter how different their life choice, or their views are. And despite how blunt I am with my choice of words, my actual demeanor while speaking them is very chill. In my experience, the only people that don't like me are those that don't know me personally, or bulls***ters.

"I love media, especially ancient media, which I consider to be all of it!"

You think you're accepting of others? You literally called me a Nazi because I said you weren't calm.

rugahboi
8 months ago#48
First of all, I don't care about your word choice. I only posted about it because you were being needlessly rude.

Thanks for confirming what I said about you in post #35.

Don't think I didn't notice how your last post only mentioned "ancient" when quoting me. You moved the goalposts by claiming ancient is synonymous with old. That's like claiming that extreme is synonymous with moderate. Now you're exclusively describing the game as old. That's basically admitting defeat. Looks like you don't have that much faith in your own subjective opinion.

Yeah... you literally don't know what the f*** you're talking about. I've maintained that I was being hyperbolic in my use of the word "ancient", which in turn means I've stood by my belief that the game is old this entire time; no goal post was ever moved. I only brought up the fact that the two are synonymous because you kept insisting that I wasn't using the words correctly. All because your opinion of what "qualifies" as such differs.

Also, I'm not "claiming" anything; that s*** is literally in the dictionary. Not only is your counter-example not, but it's also extremely dumb. Those two are antonyms; which is the f***ing opposite. :V

Really? In an attempt to defend your choice of words, you used "jumped the shark" in a nonsensical manner. What do you even think the phrase means?

Damned typing history. That should have said "jumped the gun". -_-

Oh well, that's what I get for not editing my post as I usually do. See how easy it is to admit when you make a mistake?

Doesn't all of that apply to you more though? This is my topic. You said another user watch b****ing, told me to f*** off, and then called me a Nazi

No. I've been able to maintain my stance this entire time because I've remained calm and focused on the topic at hand (the validation of my opinion, and my understanding of words). You on the other hand can't help but fight against the tiniest shred of semantics. Something an overly emotional person tends to do when they want to win an argument.

Then do the sensible thing, and close it.

I did, because they bumped a resolved topic just to nitpick about something so trivial. You already admitted you didn't care about my choice of words even if you don't agree with it. You only began bugging me about it because I was sarcastic to them. Hence why I told you to f*** off, because I knew you were just trying to annoy me and stir up s***.

Because you continuously kept telling me how I feel, on top of attempting to dictate what "ancient" is outside of it's official meaning as if your version is the only acceptable one. Those are Nazi-like moves dude.

Also, why wouldn't I be here? You're personally addressing me...

(more evidence that you know what words mean)

Thanks. Glad you finally admitted that you were wrong about something. :3

How can you say that I'm emotional, when you've swore at everyone here?

Outside of the one time that I said you got offended, I haven't outright said you were or weren't. I've simply speculated that you may be. There's a difference.

I curse because I can. Simple. The only person I've cursed at though, was you when I told you to f*** off; which I felt you deserved. Saying someone is b****ing about something isn't actually cursing at them; nor is cursing in general.

You think you're accepting of others?

Well, my RL friends pool ranges from teachers to thugs, I don't care about sexual preference, or one's gender identity. So yeah.

bidas100
8 months ago#49
rugahboi posted...
Yeah... you literally don't know what the f*** you're talking about. I've maintained that I was being hyperbolic in my use of the word "ancient", which in turn means I've stood by my belief that the game is old this entire time; no goal post was ever moved. I only brought up the fact that the two are synonymous because you kept insisting that I wasn't using the words correctly. All because your opinion of what "qualifies" as such differs.

They don't mean the same exact thing though. You can't use them interchangeably.

rugahboi posted...
Damned typing history. That should have said "jumped the gun". -_-

Oh well, that's what I get for not editing my post as I usually do. See how easy it is to admit when you make a mistake?

Jump the gun doesn't make sense in context either. Plus, you said sea of semantics, so I thought shark was intentional.

rugahboi posted...
Because you continuously kept telling me how I feel, on top of attempting to dictate what "ancient" is outside of it's official meaning as if your version is the only acceptable one. Those are Nazi-like moves dude.

You continue to show that you don't know what Nazis are.

rugahboi posted...
Thanks. Glad you finally admitted that you were wrong about something. :3

Whoops. My mistake. I meant the opposite of whatever I said.

rugahboi posted...
Outside of the one time that I said you got offended

I wasn't offended. Saying that I was is hypocritical.
rugahboi posted...
ow you're also trying to tell me, how i feel. You suck at debating, but you'd definitely make a great Nazi.

Seriously, why is Nazi your favorite word?

rugahboi
8 months ago#50
bidas100 posted...
They don't mean the same exact thing though. You can't use them interchangeably.

Do I have to give you the definition of hyperbole too? Seems like I do, since you don't seem to understand that I used "ancient" in an exaggerated form to convey my belief of the game being old. I even put (basically) ahead of it. So you should have known I wasn't using the literal definition of it. And as far as my use of hyperbole goes, that's actually an extremely mild take on it since the two are synonymous with each other unlike other uses of it (E.G: when someone use literally in a non literal sense).

Jump the gun doesn't make sense in context either. Plus, you said sea of semantics, so I thought shark was intentional.

? Jumping the gun means acting too hastily. You jumped into the conversation and claimed my use of of the word was flat out wrong without actually checking to see if you were right. And nah, that was actually just cool a coincidence. I just liked the way it sounded in my head while typing it.

You continue to show that you don't know what Nazis are.

I actually do, and one of the descriptions of a Nazi is "a person who seeks to impose their views on others in a very autocratic or inflexible way"

Sound familiar? :V

Whoops. My mistake. I meant the opposite of whatever I said.

Sorry, no take backs.

I wasn't offended. Saying that I was is hypocritical.

Yes, I acknowledged that; even went as far as to say that if you really weren't, you sure fooled me.

Seriously, why is Nazi your favorite word?

Why are you half quoting something that's already been addressed? Hell, I addressed it in the post right above yours, for like the fifth time.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. I give up. *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived