• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. I give up. *spoilers*

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
8 months ago#31
rugahboi posted...
Again, says who? Who decided, "a game has to be decades old to be considered ancient". There's no rule in hyperbole that sates a certain criteria needs to be met so it can be used.

Context matters. We're talking about video games. A video game doesn't have to be as old as the sun to be considered ancient.

rugahboi posted...
So first you attempt to dictate what constitutes as "ancient" (even when used with hyperbole), now you're also trying to tell me, how i feel. You suck at debating, but you'd definitely make a great Nazi.

Calling someone a Nazi immediately after saying they suck at debating? That's extremely ironic. You can't use "I was being hyperbolic" as an excuse for being dumb.

rugahboi posted...
Secondly, how am I making a big deal? Am I the one that resurrected a dead thread because I took issue with an arbitrary part of an otherwise helpful post?

If the thread was dead, it couldn't be posted on. Look at your posts. They're giant walls of text. It's quite alarming how little self-awareness you have.

rugahboi posted...
Nope, what actually happened is you got offended because...

Yes. Please tell me how I feel. That doesn't make you a hypocrite at all. You suck at debating, but you'd definitely make a great hyperbole.

rugahboi posted...
Subjectively though calling a 3 year old, "dead" game "ancient" is just as fair as calling a 30 year game one

Calling a 3 year old man old is the same as calling a 30 year old man old. It's hyperbole!
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

User Info: Jibui

Jibui
8 months ago#32
rugahboi posted...
bidas100 posted...
An "ancient" video game would be a game that's old compared to other games. I have no idea why you're trying so hard to defend your poor word choice.

Again, says who? Who decided, "a game has to be decades old to be considered ancient". There's no rule in hyperbole that sates a certain criteria needs to be met so it can be used.

You definitely aren't calm. You're making a big deal out of nothing. You need to take a timeout.

So first you attempt to dictate what constitutes as "ancient" (even when used with hyperbole), now you're also trying to tell me, how i feel. You suck at debating, but you'd definitely make a great Nazi.

Secondly, how am I making a big deal? Am I the one that resurrected a dead thread because I took issue with an arbitrary part of an otherwise helpful post?

Am I the one the one that decided to chime in with a "LOL U MAD" even though the aforementioned posts had nothing to do with me?

Nope, what actually happened is you got offended because I replied to someone else's pointless question sarcastically. But that's a you problem, and has nothing to do with me. Maybe you need to get some thicker skin. Or maybe stay out of things that don't involve you. Like, just because it's a public forum doesn't mean you have to butt into every conversation.

Jibui posted...
You're just bein' mad because some random person called you out and said a three year old game isn't ancient. Either...

You came from the future and found some kid's old copy from years ago or you just dismiss any game that is only a month old is "old" and "retro".

PXZ 2 is still not an ancient game. It's crappy, but not ancient.

Another person that doesn't understand hyperbole.

Do ya'll get hot and bothered when someone says a game, or movie is "taking forever" to come out/get to the point?

Do ya'll get angry when someone says "I'm dying", or "I'm dead" in regards to something funny?

Literally speaking: No (video) game is "ancient". Subjectively though calling a 3 year old, "dead" game "ancient" is just as fair as calling a 30 year game one -- since that's how hyperbole works. The fact none of you can grasp basic s*** like this is sadly hilarious. You're all literally trying to treat your subjective views on something as if it's an objective fact. Then trying to flip it on me, as if I'm the one being obtuse.

You mad?
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

bidas100
8 months ago#33
Ancient is a meaningless word, so I'm going to say it means whatever I want it to.

Jibui
8 months ago#34
bidas100 posted...
Ancient is a meaningless word, so I'm going to say it means whatever I want it to.

His argument over it was amusing at least.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

User Info: rugahboi

rugahboi
8 months ago#35
bidas100 posted...
Context matters. We're talking about video games. A video game doesn't have to be as old as the sun to be considered ancient.

Ooooh, really? You don't say. So then, tell me. What in the actual hell is the problem?

Calling someone a Nazi immediately after saying they suck at debating? That's extremely ironic. You can't use "I was being hyperbolic" as an excuse for being dumb.

You're literally trying to dictate what a word means outside of it's actual definition, as well trying to tell another person (that you can't even see) what they're emotional state is. Nazi. Fair. Next.

Being dumb? Now that's ironic. You just unwittingly proved my initial point....

"Technology moves fast, and 2 years can very well be considered ancient."

with...

"A video game doesn't have to be as old as the sun to be considered ancient."

Yet you're still trying to argue with me on my opinion (because it doesn't fit the made up number in your head). Does that really sound like a smart person move to you?

If the thread was dead, it couldn't be posted on. Look at your posts. They're giant walls of text. It's quite alarming how little self-awareness you have.

Oh look, more semantics; that'll resolve this even faster!

Was anyone posting in this thread? No. Was the thread resolved? Yes. The only reason it didn't get locked after 4 days of no activity is because not even the mods really bother coming here. Dead thread on a dead board.

FYI, you saying my posts are "walls of text" is a text book definition of being hyperbolic (considering the fact a Wall of Text has no breaks between paragraphs). I'm giving you credit here in assuming you knew that, so if I take no issue with your use of it. Why the f*** are you people b****ing about mine?

Yes. Please tell me how I feel. That doesn't make you a hypocrite at all.

Fair. Doesn't mean I'm not right though. Prior to this idiocy, I had posted that four days ago. Obviously it didn't bother you, or anyone else enough to post about it; even if you disagreed with it (and you had plenty of time to). Nope, it took me being sarcastic to another , unrelated poster for this to become a problem for you. You even went as far as to associate my sarcastic posts with personal attacks (wut?); then assumed that I'd give enough of a f*** about you to actually delete my tip just to personally spite you. So if you weren't offended by my initial response, then I 100% admit that you sure as f*** fooled me.

You suck at debating, but you'd definitely make a great hyperbole.

You have no wit. :<

Calling a 3 year old man old is the same as calling a 30 year old man old. It's hyperbole!

D-did you break? Poor guy.... Unless this is another attempt at trying to be witty? If so, see the above sentence.
i.imgur.com/KeE1bIk.png?1

bidas100
8 months ago#36
rugahboi posted...
You're literally trying to dictate what a word means outside of it's actual definition, as well trying to tell another person (that you can't even see) what they're emotional state is. Nazi. Fair. Next.

Calling me a Nazi because I made you feel sad is a gross misuse of the word. We still have actual Nazis in America. Some of them were marching around in D.C. last weekend. Stop trivializing Nazis!

Why am I even bothering? You'll never learn what words mean.

rugahboi posted...
Being dumb? Now that's ironic. You just unwittingly proved my initial point....

"Technology moves fast, and 2 years can very well be considered ancient."

with...

"A video game doesn't have to be as old as the sun to be considered ancient."

Calling a piece of obsolete hardware ancient could make sense, but it still sounds silly. PXZ2 is the latest game in the series that's on a system that still makes games. That's like saying the newest Pokémon game in ancient.

rugahboi posted...
Was anyone posting in this thread? No. Was the thread resolved? Yes. The only reason it didn't get locked after 4 days of no activity is because not even the mods really bother coming here. Dead thread on a dead board.

Topics are automatically closed after a certain amount of time. It's absurd that you think there's a mod manually closing each topic.

rugahboi posted...
FYI, you saying my posts are "walls of text" is a text book definition of being hyperbolic (considering the fact a Wall of Text has no breaks between paragraphs). I'm giving you credit here in assuming you knew that, so if I take no issue with your use of it. Why the f*** are you people b****ing about mine?

Oh look, more hypocrisy from you. You threw a tantrum when we questioned why you considered PXZ2 ancient, and now you're trying to correct me on the definition of a "wall of text." Guess what. You can't make walls out of text, because text is intangible. It's a figure of speech. The difference between your use of ancient and my use of wall of text is that mine is commonly accepted on boards. No one in their right mind would call a two year old game ancient, because that would mean they also call the vast majority of games ancient as well, which trivializes the word. I guess you wouldn't understand that, because you randomly call people Nazis.

rugahboi posted...
Fair. Doesn't mean I'm not right though. Prior to this idiocy, I had posted that four days ago. Obviously it didn't bother you, or anyone else enough to post about it; even if you disagreed with it (and you had plenty of time to). Nope, it took me being sarcastic to another , unrelated poster for this to become a problem for you. You even went as far as to associate my sarcastic posts with personal attacks (wut?); then assumed that I'd give enough of a f*** about you to actually delete my tip just to personally spite you. So if you weren't offended by my initial response, then I 100% admit that you sure as f*** fooled me.

I actually overlooked the first post where you called this game ancient. When someone questioned your word choice, you started a tantrum that still hasn't ended. No one here think you're in the right.

User Info: happibivouac

happibivouac
8 months ago#37
LOL the second I read him calling bidas a Nazi all sort of rationale I could have believed the poster had is thrown out the window. These trolls are evolving.
1,2,3,4,5,6 DO IT!
(message deleted)

Jibui
8 months ago#39
TL:DR

Rugahboi. Give it a rest already.
Official Gunvolt.
They/Them

bidas100
8 months ago#40
rugahboi posted...
Let me ask you a very simple question. One that will effectively end this charade. Do you think PXZ2 is an old game? This isn't a trap designed to pigeonhole you into a specific answer, I just want your actual opinion on what you deem this game.

No. I wouldn't even consider PXZ1 an old game. Maybe if it was on the DS.

rugahboi posted...
This is what a WoT is: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Wall_of_Text

Ah, Uncyclopedia! This brings me back to the days of my youth, when I was merely old and not ancient.

rugahboi posted...
And finally, just to wrap this up in a pretty little bow for you. Read this definition. It'll do you some good.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synonym

Now, read the synonyms for these two words.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ancient

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/old

Now do you really want to argue against facts? Because while arguing over opinions is pretty dumb. Attempting to argue against facts is flat out idiotic.

Now you're saying that ancient and old are synonyms. That contradicts your previous testimony:

rugahboi posted...
If you want to be literal and s*** about it, no video game is ancient. Since the oldest ones are roughly 30-40 years old.

If you want to be literal, literally no one here likes you. Even if you were right, your extremely poor attitude is off putting. No one wants to side with a jerk who clearly doesn't know how to interact with other people. You blow up at the smallest of things.

"How dare you b**** about my word choice! f*** off!" Does this sound like a sane person?
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. I give up. *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived