• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Famitsu updates 18/4/2015

User Info: Nextgrandcross

Nextgrandcross
4 years ago#21
Yeah, Demitri deserves better appearances in crossovers alongside Morrigan.

Ugh, don't remind me of the crap Capcom Fighting Evolution was. I was expecting that game to have a whole bunch of characters from all over Capcom and with new sprites to boot, I mean I was expecting Star Gladiator, Rival Schools, Muscle Bomber, Power Stone, Characters that already appeared in a Fighting game like Strider, C. Commando, Jin Saotome, Mega Man, Jill Valentine, etc, and more.

SNK had Capcom beat with Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
FC: 3196-4054-9565
Ditto, loudred, lilipup

User Info: marvelknight54

marvelknight54
4 years ago#22
MeepleLardicle posted...
NxC didn't have the same design standards PXZ has, and it's also not the same game; yes, maybe it is related, but it's not the same game.

They very clearly made a conscious decision to pick characters who are humanoid and can be translated to a specific art style without compromising their design. Arthur probably wouldn't have gotten into PXZ, granted, if NxC didn't give him a more general design.

As a result, characters like Sonic, V. Joe, Klonoa, etc. just won't fit.

Darkstalkers characters as a whole fit this design. And let's be frank, Morrigan gets into pretty much every Capcom crossover imagine-able. The only ones she didn't get into are ones she doesn't qualify for (like Street Fighter x Tekken), or Capcom Fighting Evolution which from my understanding was a decision made pretty much to give fans the finger. She's otherwise in pretty much everything else, kind of like how Rya and Chun-li are staples in crossovers as well. I'd be extremely shocked if Morrigan didn't return; other Darkstalkers characters are tougher to call since they're less consistent, but Morrigan is pretty much a Capcom Crossover Standard.

What do you mean by standards? Actually they are related since Project x Zone is it's sequel.

Characters like Sonic and Klonoa are humanoid, just not human. Arthur's design in PxZ is taken more from Marvel vs Capcom 3 than NxC.
Cast in the name of God, Ye not guilty.
Big O! It's Showtime!

User Info: Shinichameleon

Shinichameleon
4 years ago#23

Arthur's design in PxZ is taken more from Marvel vs Capcom 3 than NxC.

Sounds like you never play or watch the game NxC. He has golden armor with mouth plate unlike MvC3, which is he has no mouth plate and it was silver & golden armor when he transforms into super armor.

Both PxZ and NxC, Arthur uses same super armor. The difference? MvC3's Arthur is like dwarf while NxC and PxX makes Arthur's design looks like normal person.

User Info: marvelknight54

marvelknight54
4 years ago#24
Shinichameleon posted...

Arthur's design in PxZ is taken more from Marvel vs Capcom 3 than NxC.

Sounds like you never play or watch the game NxC. He has golden armor with mouth plate unlike MvC3, which is he has no mouth plate and it was silver & golden armor when he transforms into super armor.

Both PxZ and NxC, Arthur uses same super armor. The difference? MvC3's Arthur is like dwarf while NxC and PxX makes Arthur's design looks like normal person.

Well, i haven't played it sure, but I have seen some clips. True, I never noticed that till now.

I was actually referring to his face, which looks more similar in MVC3 and PXZ than NXC. Also, while MVC3 is pretty tiny, even NXC he was said to be a pretty short man.
Cast in the name of God, Ye not guilty.
Big O! It's Showtime!
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Famitsu updates 18/4/2015
  • Topic Archived