• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Famitsu updates 18/4/2015

User Info: marvelknight54

marvelknight54
4 years ago#11
So it could be mean that the Strider characters in this game are not the same versions from NXC?
Cast in the name of God, Ye not guilty.
Big O! It's Showtime!

User Info: Sandias

Sandias
4 years ago#12
Well, it'd probably depend on whether they address Strider 2's "2000 years gap" ending and if they use it to draw a paralel with the original story (like implying NxC Hiryu is the first game's Hiryu (despite Hien and a bunch of Strider 2 references being there) and Pxz2 Hiryu is Strider 2's). The possibility's there.

In Strider 2, Meio is the only character confirmed to be the same guy in both games, and Solo is said to have been rebuilt as part of a human-enhancing project, so he could be the same too (it certainly could explain why he's back after being destroyed/killed in NxC if that's the case).

Hiryu's...a lot more complicated though, so I'd just say the different eye colors is an interesting detail and wait to see what they have in store. :P

User Info: marvelknight54

marvelknight54
4 years ago#13
Sandias posted...
Well, it'd probably depend on whether they address Strider 2's "2000 years gap" ending and if they use it to draw a paralel with the original story (like implying NxC Hiryu is the first game's Hiryu (despite Hien and a bunch of Strider 2 references being there) and Pxz2 Hiryu is Strider 2's). The possibility's there.

In Strider 2, Meio is the only character confirmed to be the same guy in both games, and Solo is said to have been rebuilt as part of a human-enhancing project, so he could be the same too (it certainly could explain why he's back after being destroyed/killed in NxC if that's the case).

Hiryu's...a lot more complicated though, so I'd just say the different eye colors is an interesting detail and wait to see what they have in store. :P

Interesting, I'm sure this will be answered somewhere in the game.
Cast in the name of God, Ye not guilty.
Big O! It's Showtime!

User Info: Rygon

Rygon
4 years ago#14
Fon-Spaak posted...
I'm more curious about Dante meeting Vergil in the place he fought Nelo Angelo the first time so...Mundus as a boss?

I anticipate Phantom.
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108

User Info: Zbxole

Zbxole
4 years ago#15
Darkstalkers means that the usual bunch are coming back... like Demitri and Morrigan but I'm hoping to see Felicia, Hsien Ko and let's add Talbain because he's long overdue...
Zbx's 2nd account

User Info: geno4smash4

geno4smash4
4 years ago#16
Zbxole posted...
Darkstalkers means that the usual bunch are coming back... like Demitri and Morrigan but I'm hoping to see Felicia, Hsien Ko and let's add Talbain because he's long overdue...

I could be totally wrong here,but part of me doesnt want Morrigan and Felicia because they are keeping characters like Klonoa and Sonic out of this game,because of the boobs,could be wrong though
geno should be in smash bros for wii u and 3ds
people who agree:6 #FalcoFriday

User Info: Fon-Spaak

Fon-Spaak
4 years ago#17
geno4smash4 posted...
Zbxole posted...

I could be totally wrong here,but part of me doesnt want Morrigan and Felicia because they are keeping characters like Klonoa and Sonic out of this game,because of the boobs,could be wrong though

No man, that's stupid. They said back in the first game that they didn't want to add charactes that doesn't fit in the game.

User Info: geno4smash4

geno4smash4
4 years ago#18
Fon-Spaak posted...
geno4smash4 posted...
Zbxole posted...

No man, that's stupid. They said back in the first game that they didn't want to add charactes that doesn't fit in the game.

Oh they said that? Mustve missed it.And yeah i know its kind of stupid since Klonoa was in Namco X Capcom
geno should be in smash bros for wii u and 3ds
people who agree:6 #FalcoFriday

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
4 years ago#19
NxC didn't have the same design standards PXZ has, and it's also not the same game; yes, maybe it is related, but it's not the same game.

They very clearly made a conscious decision to pick characters who are humanoid and can be translated to a specific art style without compromising their design. Arthur probably wouldn't have gotten into PXZ, granted, if NxC didn't give him a more general design.

As a result, characters like Sonic, V. Joe, Klonoa, etc. just won't fit.

Darkstalkers characters as a whole fit this design. And let's be frank, Morrigan gets into pretty much every Capcom crossover imagine-able. The only ones she didn't get into are ones she doesn't qualify for (like Street Fighter x Tekken), or Capcom Fighting Evolution which from my understanding was a decision made pretty much to give fans the finger. She's otherwise in pretty much everything else, kind of like how Ryu and Chun-li are staples in crossovers as well. I'd be extremely shocked if Morrigan didn't return; other Darkstalkers characters are tougher to call since they're less consistent, but Morrigan is pretty much a Capcom Crossover Standard.
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!

User Info: Lexmark1989

Lexmark1989
4 years ago#20
Oddly enough the 2 cross-over games that demitri got in over morrigan were kinda garbage. SVC chaos was bad because of horrid and I mean horrid balance(still loved the game though) and Capcom fighting evolution was just crap, 22 characters wasn't enough for a copy and paste job like that. I did however like all the characters they did get given how little of them there were.
Look In my Eyes! What do ya see!!
Pokemon Y FC Robin 0920-0595-5864
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Famitsu updates 18/4/2015
  • Topic Archived