• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Flynn and Vergil.....

User Info: Insanylum13

Insanylum13
4 years ago#1
Now I don't want to be sexist, but wouldn't they have made sense to have been part of the original pairs in the first place.

I mean, no disrespect to mai gurl Estelle, but she wasn't even really a love interest for Yuri and she was kindnapped for a sizeable portion of Vesperia. Flynn has always been the foil to Yuri and they even have a Dual Mystic Arte Together. They have many similar moves, but they perform them so differently that it makes them unique in their own way.

Also no disrespect for mai boi Demitri who's a beast in his own right, but same as above Vergil has been a pretty prominent foil to Dante for a long time and has a more close and familial connection with him as opposed to Demitri who isn't even in the same series. While Vergil doesn't really have any firearms, his fighting style with the Yamato and his projectiles make him unique enough to join Dante.

In all honesty, Darkstalkers should have hade it's own team with Jedah and Demitri.

Just think of all the witty banter, seriously guys, I bought the first game because X and Zero were in it, but now that there will be more smartass Yuri/Flynn and Dante/Vergil interaction, even if the maps are boring again, I'm buying this game at launch, I just can't not.

Does anyone think Vergil and Flynn should have been the partners for Dante and Yuri in the first place?
"Guns don't kill people the government does" -Dale Gribble
#1 fanboy of Zero, http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/159022-card-crusher

User Info: Greenhowse

Greenhowse
4 years ago#2
what would sexism have to do with Vergil, Dante's original partner was Demitri.

I think a large part of the idea for the teams was that they wanted to focus on heroic characters. In the website for the first game It said something like "a great meeting of -heroes-" or something about the word heroes. Obviously characters like T-elos and Demitri stretch that but at the same time what other obvious partner would KOS-MOS have who is as battle capable as T-Elos, and as for Demitri I guess this is what happened

-Monolith Soft wanted to represent a bunch of Darkstalkers characters (5!!! including Jedah and Lord Raptor)
-having a pure Darkstalkers team (both chars are Darkstalkers) meant that putting a third playable darkstalker would be awkward
-Considering the kind of characters that the Darkstalkers tend to be, it's easy to pair them up with a demon hunter like Dante

In any case Trish was a viable partner for Dante but Vergil will always be more popular. Dante just banters with everybody who's close to him it seems.

Also Estelle, I don't remember her being kidnapped for all that long in Vesperia. It was basically just the latter half/tail end of the second act of the game. In the 360 version Flynn was only really available for one gauntlet of enemies anyway, and only became available later in the game. Obviously there's sense to Flynn being Yuri's partner since they have a dual Mystic Arte and they have history etc. etc. But it made sense that Yuri and Estelle were partners. at the end of the game, Yuri and Estelle decided to see the world together, while Flynn stayed a knight.
Want Sega games localized? Visit Segalization and its forums! http://www.segalization.com/forums/index.php
Pokemon X/Y Safari - Swanna, Hawlucha, Farfetch'd

User Info: Greenhowse

Greenhowse
4 years ago#3
actually now that I think about it Estelle makes more sense as a partner becauseher relationship with Yuri is better because Flynn is both stubborn and ideologically different from Yuri even if they both believe in justice
Want Sega games localized? Visit Segalization and its forums! http://www.segalization.com/forums/index.php
Pokemon X/Y Safari - Swanna, Hawlucha, Farfetch'd

User Info: Nextgrandcross

Nextgrandcross
4 years ago#4
The first game it felt like for most of the pairings (except for the Capcom characters) they were just slapping the main male with the main female, but I'm glad their mixing it up this time, even pairing two seperate companies series characters together like the Ninja team of Hasou, Strider hiryu and Natsu (through I would've prefered Taki but Natsu is still cool).

I don't remember Estelle being gone from the party for THAT long, but yeah despite her importance in Vesperia, I never considered her and Yuri to be that close, not like Yuri and Flynn or even Jude and Milla, Luke and Tear, or lloyd and Colette.
FC: 3196-4054-9565
Ditto, loudred, lilipup
  1. Boards
  2. Project X Zone 2
  3. Flynn and Vergil.....
  • Topic Archived