The Haymaker is criminally underrated

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  3. The Haymaker is criminally underrated

User Info: Monoxide_Child_

Monoxide_Child_
2 years ago#1
Just finished diamond, I've had the other 3 done for months but just didn't want to do the Haymaker because of the bad rep it got, well getting it gold I fell in love with the thing, with long barrel fast mags and rapid fire, sixth sense and tracker it's an absolute BEAST, I think my best game I went 52-6 on tdm, and I don't think I've had a negative game since I started using it, hell I even got some hate mail accusing me of cheating, I STRONGLY suggest anyone that hasn't tried it much give it another shot because it's one of the best weapons In the game (in my opinion at least)
I don't have a sig.

User Info: thebest99

thebest99
2 years ago#2
I know it's your opinion, but it's a terribly wrong opinion. The Haymaker is the worst shotgun in this game. You might've been lucky to find some really bad players to pull of 52-6 in TDM but it's still a terrible gun.

However, it's still fun to use to troll bad players with.
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz
https://youtu.be/36lJ9-ytXbU

Monoxide_Child_
2 years ago#3
Get better with it, I didn't simply "get lucky" in one match I consistently stomp people's asses with it, but whatever keep using your vmp
I don't have a sig.

User Info: thebest99

thebest99
2 years ago#4
If you're stomping people with kdr above 2.0. Color me impressed, especially if you're beating those kinds of players consistently. Either way, if that's the case you'd pull the same if not better with better weapons. Like you said, it's your opinion. However, it's statistically the worst shotgun in the game.

Apologies if you were offended, I wasn't intentionally trying to step on your c***.
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz
https://youtu.be/36lJ9-ytXbU

User Info: bk201soren

bk201soren
2 years ago#5
Monoxide_Child_ posted...
Get better with it, I didn't simply "get lucky" in one match I consistently stomp people's asses with it, but whatever keep using your vmp

I have no doubt you can dominate pub scrubs with the Haymaker, but that isn't saying much of anything. Most people here could probably go ham with a bubblegum rapper against the average TDM player. Especially if this is on the PS4. But how well could you play against someone of average intelligence? Someone who pulls out a class with a weapon that counters yours? The problem is how does your Hitmarker 12... err sorry, Haymaker 12 stand up against other shotguns? Three shotguns one hit kill at close ranges. Obviously that means the Haymaker isn't competing with them for the glorious OSK category. OSK shotguns are a different playstyle. No, what the Haymaker is competing with is the Brecci.

A similar gun in many rights. The Brecci has basically the same spread for example. Meaning neither gun takes any semblance of aiming skill when hip-firing. Especially since Black Ops 3 changed the way shotguns work, so distance is now more important than accuracy for shotguns, Which is what Gears of War always did with it's shotguns as well.

The most important difference between the two shotguns is the Brecci two shots at close ranges, the Haymaker three shots at close ranges. Pro-tip, the Brecci fires two shots faster then the Haymaker can fire three shots. It's TTK is better at close ranges. Which is why anyone with half a brain could pick a Brecci to counter you when you're running that Haymaker. And that's if they don't want to run a KRM or Marshal 16 instead. Of course, I wouldn't expect pub scrubs to do that against you. Pick a gun that does the same job as your gun, except better. Because those pub scrubs are scrubby dub dubs. Most half of them only know how to do three things. Camp, feed, and rage quit. Usually in that order.

Brecci > Haymaker

Simple as that. What you need to do is put the practicality of your gun to use on a competitive level, against players of competent skill levels. You can see how well the Haymaker does in Arena for example. I've never seen anyone ban the useless thing on Arena. I've also never seen anyone above rank one run a Haymaker. When high ranking players want a shotgun to run overkill with on S&D Arena, they either choose a KRM or Brecci. They definitely don't go with the Haymaker, which is like a downgraded Brecci if it were automatic in return.

Heck, I'd argue the VMP technically kills faster at hip-firing ranges then the Haymaker does. If I'm not mistaken anyway. Which says something when a Sub feels better at close ranges over a shotgun. The Haymaker serves no role in the shotgun category.You want to keep using the Haymaker, by all means do. But you are missing out on obviously more competitive shotgun that is the Brecci.

Monoxide_Child_
2 years ago#6
I said I got diamond I've used the stupid brecci I hate that thing, that was honestly a lot harder to get gold, I got the Haymaker gold all in one run in one day, starting at 10 headshots
I don't have a sig.

User Info: bk201soren

bk201soren
2 years ago#7
Monoxide_Child_ posted...
I said I got diamond I've used the stupid brecci I hate that thing, that was honestly a lot harder to get gold, I got the Haymaker gold all in one run in one day, starting at 10 headshots

I got both shotguns gold in one day. I don't think it's relevant how fast one can do the headshot camo challenges, as headshots aren't even necessary to how the guns should be ran. As I said, distance is more important than accuracy. Besides, I found the Brecci easier because the 1.8x headshot multiplier on the pellets. Where as the Haymaker has a 1.0x damage increase from headshots. In fact, I think the Haymaker is the only gun in the game that doesn't have any damage increase from headshots. At least every other gun I know of has a 1.1x damage modifier when hitting the head.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  3. The Haymaker is criminally underrated

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
NAT Type Guide V2ImNotOperative7012/29 12:05AM