Sniper Rifles

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Strangeotron

Strangeotron
2 years ago#31
crazyeightz1 posted...
Strangeotron posted...
crazyeightz1 posted...
TC have you actually tried a sniper rifle in this game yourself yet? Try going for gold with the locus and let us know how you feel about snipers and their easy kills in this game.

Making snipers difficult doens't address the problem.

So you acknowledge that they're more difficult to use in this game yet you still dislike getting killed by them?

No, I said that making them more difficult to use doesn't bring balance.

Sniper rifles don't fit into this kind of game. They shouldn't be there. But Activision obviously tells these idiots at Treyarch to pander to all the morons who will scream and shout if they don't get their way. I earn my kills, snipers don't.

User Info: crazyeightz1

crazyeightz1
2 years ago#32
Strangeotron posted...
crazyeightz1 posted...
Strangeotron posted...
crazyeightz1 posted...
TC have you actually tried a sniper rifle in this game yourself yet? Try going for gold with the locus and let us know how you feel about snipers and their easy kills in this game.

Making snipers difficult doens't address the problem.

So you acknowledge that they're more difficult to use in this game yet you still dislike getting killed by them?

No, I said that making them more difficult to use doesn't bring balance.

Sniper rifles don't fit into this kind of game. They shouldn't be there. But Activision obviously tells these idiots at Treyarch to pander to all the morons who will scream and shout if they don't get their way. I earn my kills, snipers don't.

This couldn't be further from the truth. The aim assist earned you those smg kills. Sniper kills in this game requires a bit more of your skills because of the lack thereof of aim assist.

Strangeotron
2 years ago#33
When I get the drop on a guy who has a weapon that takes far less effort to drop me than I do him, there's a disadvantage. Shotguns are an exception because they have a very limited range, but sniper rifles have been designed to function in this game in a completely absurd way at all ranged. When I can pepper a target with hit markers and he can just stand there and take it with no consequence before firing one shot to get a kill there's a problem.

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
2 years ago#34
I agree that sniper rifles do not belong on a game like COD. Sniper rifles have no place in small areas, and since COD generally has like 90% small maps, they dont belong. Short of taking them out of the game, not really sure how to fix it. Maybe something like...any shot taken at a target inside of 20 feet, has a severe accuracy penalty or something....basicaly, do the reverse of how shotguns are handled. It just isnt right when I round the corner and am face to face with a dude that has a sniper rifle and I get several shots into him before he quick scopes me and I die. Just isnt right, it never happens that way IRL. I dont mind one bit getting sniped from a distance, thats how it is supposed to be...no problems there.
PSN: Lint-87
XBox One: Lint1987

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
2 years ago#35
Strangeotron posted...
Machine1136 posted...
Strangeotron posted...
The situation is ridiculous. You have maps designed with lanes, which means that you walk in their line of sight because you have no choice. Even if you fire at them, there is no consequence no matter how much you hit them. It takes them one hit to kill, no flinching effects at all, and you have to fire for much longer. This is absurd - and the game rewards this by giving them scorestreaks. This has to change.

Why do you think they have no flinch? These lanes are not just straight hallways with no cover.

Doesn't matter.

They don't flinch because i can see the effect in the killcam unlike the effect when i fire

I thought you were going to say killcam. You should know that killcams (and theater mode) are a vague representation of what happened as the host computes it, with many actual frames missing. Not reliable. Should not be the basis for anything regarding the bullet-to-bullet details of a gunfight.
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136

User Info: crazyeightz1

crazyeightz1
2 years ago#36
Strangeotron posted...
When I get the drop on a guy who has a weapon that takes far less effort to drop me than I do him, there's a disadvantage. Shotguns are an exception because they have a very limited range, but sniper rifles have been designed to function in this game in a completely absurd way at all ranged. When I can pepper a target with hit markers and he can just stand there and take it with no consequence before firing one shot to get a kill there's a problem.

Funny you thought that way because everytime I see a sniper in this game Im thinking free kill. There could be sniper players in this game that are downright nasty tho but fortunately i haven't ran into any.

User Info: RchHomieQuanChi

RchHomieQuanChi
2 years ago#37
Strangeotron posted...

Are you serious dude? Lol. It's so f***ing easy to rush and outmaneuver a sniper in this game with virtually any other gun except MAYBE an LMG, especially the closer you are to them because they have a limited field of view and poor handling for the most part.

And really, range is irrelevant to this conversation because there's like 3 maps in the entire game that aren't centered around chaotic close quarter gunfights.

There's also the fact that a sniper is essentially f***ed if they miss that first shot, unless they're using the Drakon or something.

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
2 years ago#38
So then TC, do you think the Sheiva is just as skillless?

Its a 1SK to the head just like the Drakon with High Caliber. With better hipfire, better attachments, better handling, better ADS time, better RoF. Its a better sniper rifle than at least one of the actual sniper rifles.

Only thing Drakon has over it is that it never drops to a 3SK/loses the 1SK headshot kill. But the maps are so small that a Sheiva with High Caliber and Long Barrel is almost always going to have that 1SK.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

Strangeotron
2 years ago#39
Lintfosho posted...
I agree that sniper rifles do not belong on a game like COD. Sniper rifles have no place in small areas, and since COD generally has like 90% small maps, they dont belong. Short of taking them out of the game, not really sure how to fix it. Maybe something like...any shot taken at a target inside of 20 feet, has a severe accuracy penalty or something....basicaly, do the reverse of how shotguns are handled. It just isnt right when I round the corner and am face to face with a dude that has a sniper rifle and I get several shots into him before he quick scopes me and I die. Just isnt right, it never happens that way IRL. I dont mind one bit getting sniped from a distance, thats how it is supposed to be...no problems there.

It can't be fixed, and it won't be: Activision wants Treyarch ton include things like QSing because those people are the screaming kids that populate this game.

As you say, CoD isn't a game that befits this kind of weapon. It's not Battlefield.

Strangeotron
2 years ago#40
Machine1136 posted...
Strangeotron posted...
Machine1136 posted...
Strangeotron posted...
The situation is ridiculous. You have maps designed with lanes, which means that you walk in their line of sight because you have no choice. Even if you fire at them, there is no consequence no matter how much you hit them. It takes them one hit to kill, no flinching effects at all, and you have to fire for much longer. This is absurd - and the game rewards this by giving them scorestreaks. This has to change.

Why do you think they have no flinch? These lanes are not just straight hallways with no cover.

Doesn't matter.

They don't flinch because i can see the effect in the killcam unlike the effect when i fire

I thought you were going to say killcam. You should know that killcams (and theater mode) are a vague representation of what happened as the host computes it, with many actual frames missing. Not reliable. Should not be the basis for anything regarding the bullet-to-bullet details of a gunfight.

Killcams have shown flinching before and in other instances. It doesn't matter if they are 100% acurate, they are representative enough.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived