• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Dimensions
  3. I clearly get enough gold bricks to upgrade but

User Info: superdoh

superdoh
1 year ago#1
It won’t let me; Yes I’ve completed the story mode. I’m trying to upgrade the beetle juice sand worm and it keeps denying me.
Behind the mask is another mask.

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
1 year ago#2
Denying you when? Is the option grayed out from the portal? Will it just not let you choose a new model with gold bricks? Is it not letting you save the upgraded model?

And whether you finished story or mode or not has no bearing on upgrading anyway.
I could care less about grammar.

superdoh
1 year ago#3
Where I’m selecting the alternate build and it makes a negative sound and shakes

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
1 year ago#4
superdoh posted...
Where I’m selecting the alternate build and it makes a negative sound and shakes

On that screen it should show the number of available gold bricks you have kn the upper right. You need 3 for the first upgrade, and 7 for the final one. Also you have to buy enough lf the little circle upgrades to be able to access the next build, even if you have enough gold bricks. It should show something like '8/10' in white text near the build upgrade picture.

Xeowulf
1 year ago#5
MrBeens posted...
superdoh posted...

On that screen it should show the number of available gold bricks you have kn the upper right. You need 3 for the first upgrade, and 7 for the final one. Also you have to buy enough lf the little circle upgrades to be able to access the next build, even if you have enough gold bricks. It should show something like '8/10' in white text near the build upgrade picture.

Yeah, that's an important thing to note and one of the more annoying features of the game if you're just starting out.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about GameFAQs boards, especially Star Wars-related

superdoh
1 year ago#6
Yep right now it shows it costs 10,000 studs and three gold bricks .. ive collected three in the beetlejuice world but on the far right it just shows a single gold brick

Xeowulf
1 year ago#7
That's weird. Definitely a glitch then, and hopefully that'll get fixed if and when they patch it again.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: Lexandra1

Lexandra1
1 year ago#8
superdoh posted...
Yep right now it shows it costs 10,000 studs and three gold bricks .. ive collected three in the beetlejuice world but on the far right it just shows a single gold brick

If it shows just one gold brick in the right, then (despite of you collecting those three) clearly have not enough. That clarifies the problem. For whatever reason those three collected in the Beetlejuice world didn't add/saved. So you have to collect more to be able to unlock (also not upgrade, just unlock) the second model build. I've got the same problem, although not with the Beetlejuice world, since I don't own that pack. I wanted to unlock the third build of something and got short of the gold bricks. I was like WTH, I've collected them before. But apparently I didn't, or at least the game seems to think that.
Do they seriously believe, they can defeat us? We'll teach them, why the Jem Hadar are the most feared soldiers in the Dominion. For the Founders!

Xeowulf
1 year ago#9
Lexandra1 posted...
superdoh posted...

If it shows just one gold brick in the right, then (despite of you collecting those three) clearly have not enough. That clarifies the problem. For whatever reason those three collected in the Beetlejuice world didn't add/saved. So you have to collect more to be able to unlock (also not upgrade, just unlock) the second model build. I've got the same problem, although not with the Beetlejuice world, since I don't own that pack. I wanted to unlock the third build of something and got short of the gold bricks. I was like WTH, I've collected them before. But apparently I didn't, or at least the game seems to think that.

That doesn't clarify the problem; it just acknowledges one is there.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: Lexandra1

Lexandra1
1 year ago#10
Nitpicking are we? Nyahahahahaaaaaa. *in the Wicked Witch of the West voice* And yes, it clarified in the way that he didn't collected enough, while the topic's title said, he did (yes, I am nitpicking too).
Anyway it happened to me only once, after that I collected enough to upgrade/unlock stuff that I have so far. So I guess, there's a chance, that it won't happen again. It might be just a one time glitch.
Do they seriously believe, they can defeat us? We'll teach them, why the Jem Hadar are the most feared soldiers in the Dominion. For the Founders!
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Dimensions
  3. I clearly get enough gold bricks to upgrade but
  • Topic Archived