• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Dimensions
  3. "Required" Adventure Time, Powerpuff Girls, and Teen Titans sets?

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
1 year ago#1
I need at least one set from these franchises to open up their adventure worlds.

Which ones are “required”? In other words, do any of the characters have abilities that are exclusive?

Obviously for Adventure Time I’d need the level pack with Finn (just to access the level). But does Marceline have an exclusive ability? Or Jake, Lumpy Space Princess or any of their vehicles?

For Teen Titans would I be able to just get Starfire? Or do Raven or Beast Boy have any exclusive abilities?

And for the Powerpuff Girls do I just need Buttercup? Or do Blossom and Bubbles have special abilities?

Thanks!
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: MathGuy42

MathGuy42
1 year ago#2
Raven is the only character that can open the purple portals.

Jake comes with a BMO "vehicle," which is needed for BMO video game ports.

Jake and Lumpy Space Princess can both go through brightly colored grates (Slurp Access). But so can Marceline, Beast Boy, Slimer, and Beetlejuice. Jake is pretty useful for his shape shifting abilities, such as a gyrosphere, but of course the actual gyrosphere works. All his forms could be done by other characters or vehicles (or aren't necessary, like a trampoline).

Marceline doesn't have anything unique. I did find her useful to grab when I needed a Sonar Smash to break glass or go through a small hatch.

The various PPG have some differing abilities, but none of them have something that no other character has. They can all do Lantern Constructs, previously exclusive to Supergirl.

To sum up, for the ones you asked about, I think you can just buy:
Finn
Jake / LSP
Buttercup
Raven / Beast Boy

Of course to get to 1016 Gold Bricks, you'll need much more. But I don't think you'll need anything else from the Adventure Time, PPG, or TTG franchises.

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
1 year ago#3
Ok cool thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I’ve got every other base covered lol those were the only three I don’t have anything from.

My policy with this game is to only buy what I need to complete the game, except for the franchises I really care about (like, I’ve got every Simpsons set, every LotR one, etc. even though most of them are unnecessary).

Never was much of a Cartoon Network guy lol.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
1 year ago#4
As an aside (since I know you didn't ask about this specifically :p), with the exception of the Chima characters' Chi ability and Chell's use of the portal gun, Year 2 has pretty much eliminated the need for Year 1 characters beyond their access to their respective adventure worlds.

Oddly enough, there are still quite a few Year 1 vehicles/devices that have unique abilities:

The Portal sentry turret
The companion cube
The arcade cabinet
The TARDIS
The DeLorean/Doc's train (I'm including these since they're both Year 1)
Homer's TV (the taunt ability... not that that's useful beyond Homer's level anyway)

And I just realized that everything Portal-related is still unique, and it's the only set like that. :p Not that the sentry turret is used outside the Portal levels, but still. LOL

rexcrk posted...
My policy with this game is to only buy what I need to complete the game, except for the franchises I really care about (like, I’ve got every Simpsons set, every LotR one, etc. even though most of them are unnecessary).

Never was much of a Cartoon Network guy lol.

I know what you mean, even though I did end up getting all the sets. There are a number of properties I really couldn't have cared less about going into this -- Adventure Time, Portal, Sonic, the Simpsons to a degree, Powerpuff Girls, and a few others, but, with the exception of Sonic, they managed to make those properties palatable. I'd like Sonic, too, but his levels are too freakin' infuriating! LOL
I could care less about grammar.

User Info: MrBeens

MrBeens
1 year ago#5
I had no interest at all in Adventure Time before this, but now it's one of my favorites!

User Info: Alex_Masterson

Alex_Masterson
1 year ago#6
In case you have not put out the money to get a Supergirl minifig, I think there are three characters between TTG and PPG who have the Red Lantern ability, so that is a plus.

User Info: MathGuy42

MathGuy42
1 year ago#7
^^ I forgot that Raven can do Lantern Constructs. And all 3 PPGs can. At least this is assuming that this site is correct:
http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Category:LEGO_Constructs_Ability

Xeowulf
1 year ago#8
MathGuy42 posted...
^^ I forgot that Raven can do Lantern Constructs. And all 3 PPGs can. At least this is assuming that this site is correct:
http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Category:LEGO_Constructs_Ability

Yeah, they gave way too many people Lantern Construct abilities. It's like they were overcompensating from releasing just Supergirl with it initially, especially since there aren't even that many construct spots in the game (and even fewer that are necessary for 100%).

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
1 year ago#9
Are there enough Raven portals in the TTG adventure world (and elsewhere) to make buying her the obvious choice for a TTG character? I'm trying to decide between her and Starfire (if I end up getting a TTG character at all). I would sell Beast Boy if I got the team pack, since he doesn't have any unique abilities.

What are people's opinions on the TTG and Powerpuff Girls adventure worlds in general? Are they fun? Will the TTG adventure world be enjoyable for someone unfamiliar with the show (ie me)?

I had no idea what was going on in the Adventure Time world, but I enjoyed it anyway for the most part, if that's any help.

Xeowulf
1 year ago#10
I didn't particularly like either TTG of PPG world unfortunately.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Dimensions
  3. "Required" Adventure Time, Powerpuff Girls, and Teen Titans sets?
  • Topic Archived