You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Glitz Pit
  3. Glitz Pit Season 8 Registry Topic

User Info: Luigimasterply2

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#1
Welcome to the Registry Topic! This is, as you might have guessed, where you register to participate in this new season of the Glitz Pit. To register, all you need to do is create a team to play as. The guidelines for creating new teams is here:

https://goo.gl/O5QvVZ

If you have any questions about the spreadsheet or don't understand something on it, just ask anyone. You can also ask to team up with someone else if you like.

Season 8 starts next week.
Oy what's up youtube, it's Scroogey here

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#2
@Doopliss_Power
@Birdbrain
@RetroYoshi4191
@Pendragon71037
@Koopa-Dude94
@DragonImps
@Drizzlebow
@Guydude21
@JPKilla
@Wuigi (U alive?)

The new season is now open for registration. If I missed anyone you think would like to participate, feel free to @ them. If there's anyone new who you think would like to participate, feel free to @ them. In a moment here I wille explain some of the changes to this season (from the past season) of the Pit going forth.
(edited 6 months ago)

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#3
A. Player Teams
This season, you'll be able to make teams of solos and duos. Only duos can have Synchrostrikes. Obviously, solos have different HP and FP rules.

Player teams will start at Level 1.

B. Inventory
All teams will have a shared inventory of infinite item space. Quest items will have their own place.

C. League Matches
League wins grant 50 SP. Quest Victories grant 50 SP. Champion Wins grant 60 SP, and 20 SP is given for any loss.

D. Badges
All teams start with, and for the the whole season have, 15 BP to mix and match and equip any bought badges of their choice. Each badge can only be equipped on one character at a time. You can't buy two of the same badge and double the effect.

E. Quests & Quest Items
Quests are optional, like they've always been. But you have to take them in order, going up the levels.

Quests can have multiple choices for different dialogues, endings, and quest/battle conditions, but will ultimately end with the same fight.

Quest Inventories are shared between team members.

F. RNG & Elements
Solo characters will have a natural 20% resistance to chances for move-stopping statuses like freeze, sleep, stun, or slow. My computer teams all follow these rules.
(edited 6 months ago)

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#4
Here's the badge list currently (subject to change):

Passive Badges- Just put these babies on and let them work their magic!

Close Call (1 BP, 10 coins) - When in Danger, attacks miss 30% of the time. +10% per extra Close Call equipped.
Last Stand (1 BP, 10 coins) - When in Danger, enemy attacks deal half-damage. Duplicates have no effect.
Power Rush (1 BP, 10 coins) - When in Danger, power is boosted by half your basic attack. Duplicates have no effect.

Spike Shield (3 BP, 30 coins) - Allows direct attacks to damage spiky enemies.
Ice Power (3 BP, 30 coins) - Allows direct attacks to damage fiery enemies.
Jumpman (3 BP, 35 coins) - All moves can hit at any height.
Hammerman (3 BP, 35 coins) - All moves can hit at any depth.
P-Down, D-Up (4 BP, 50 coins) - Decreases the damage dealt and received by one.
P-Up, D-Down (4 BP, 50 coins) - Increases the damage dealt and received by one.
Pretty Lucky (3 BP, 30 coins) - Increases evasion by 10%.
Damage Dodge (3 BP, 30 coins) - Defend’s effect is increased by 1.
Feeling Fine (4 BP, 40 coins) - Reduces the length of status ailments by one. Cannot prevent them.
Zap Tap (5 BP, 45 coins) - Electrifies the user permanently, and allows direct attacks to hit Electrified enemies.
Lucky Start (7 BP, 50 coins) - Start with the invisible, fast, or payback status for two turns.
Double Dip (8 BP, 60 coins) - Allows the use of two items in one turn (4 FP).
Item Hog (8 BP, 60 coins) - Used items are returned to you at the end of a battle.
Return Postage (8 BP, 60 coins) - The user can return all damage taken to the enemy team once.

Heart Finder (1 BP, 10 coins) - Gives the user 2 HP if they beat an enemy.
Flower Finder (1 BP, 10 coins) - Gives the user 1 FP if they beat an enemy.
Flower Saver (2 BP, 30 coins) - One move’’s FP cost is lowered by 1.
HP Plus (3 BP, 30 coins) - Increases HP by 1/2 of your level.
FP Plus (4 BP, 30 coins) - Increases FP by 1/2 of your level.
Happy Heart (5 BP, 45 coins) - Restores 2 HP at the beginning of each turn.
Happy Flower (5 BP, 45 coins) - Restores 1 FP at the beginning of each turn.
HP Drain (7 BP, 50 coins) - Lowers attack power by one, but makes your basic attack drain HP.
FP Drain (8 BP, 70 coins) - Lowers attack power by one, but makes your basic attack drain FP.
Pity Flower (8 BP, 70 coins) - Every time the user is hit, gain 1 FP.

Move Badges- These badges add an extra effect to your moves!

Charge (3 BP, 20 Coins) - Adds Charge (1 FP) to commands. Increases power by 1/2 your basic attack’s power.

Soft Stomp (2 BP, 25 Coins) - Makes your basic attack cost 1 FP and gives it a 50% chance to inflict Soft (2 turns).
Shrink Stomp (2 BP, 30 Coins) - Makes your basic attack cost 2 FP and gives it a 50% chance to inflict Shrink (2 turns).
Multibounce (5 BP, 25 Coins) - Pay 2 FP to hit two foes with your basic attack.
Sleepy Stomp (5 BP, 40 Coins) - Makes your basic attack cost 2 FP and gives it a 50% chance to inflict Sleep (1 turn).
Tornado Jump (7 BP, 50 Coins) - User’s attacks do +2 damage to enemies in the air.
(edited 6 months ago)

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#5
Hammer Throw (2 BP, 20 Coins) - Expands one move’s reach to anywhere.
Piercing Blow (3 BP, 40 Coins) - Give one FP move defense-piercing powers.
Power Smash (3 BP, 25 Coins) - Pay 2 FP to add +4 ATK to your basic attack.
Head Rattle (6 BP, 50 Coins) - Makes your basic attack cost 2 FP and gives it a 25% chance to Confuse (1 turn).
Quake Hammer (7 BP, 50 Coins) - User’s attacks do +2 damage to enemies on the ground or ceiling.
Ice Smash (8 BP, 50 Coins) - Makes your basic attack cost 2 FP and gives it a 25% chance to Freeze (1 turn).

Miscellaneous Badges- A few odds and ends… you never know what might come in handy!

Peekaboo (2 BP, 15 coins) - Warns the user if they can be KOd in the next turn. Official matches only.
Refund (2 BP, 20 coins) - Using an item in battle nets the user a third of the coins in return. Official matches only.
Simplifier (2 BP, 15 coins) - Decrease the effect of weakness and resistances by 1.
Unsimplifier (2 BP, 15 coins) - Increase the effect of weakness and resistances by 1.

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#6
Also @Androobie007

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#7
And without further ado, here is our League for this Season!

Champion: ?????
1st- Captain Crazy
2nd- Natural Beauties
3rd- Swinging Rockets
4th- Hot, Wet, and… Mechanical?
Middle League Champion: Sand Grains & Brains
6th- Spectrum Scholars
7th- Stiff Reprise
8th- Kooky Corp
9th- Sweet Stardom
10th- Get Rich Quick
11th- Multi-Magic
Minor League Champion: Strength & Spirit
13th- Toadally Tubular
14th- Dark Magic
15th- Scary Fairy
16th- Loony Banana
17th- The Inductors
18th- Simple Starters

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#8
You are allowed to guess what the teams are

Guessing the teams for my season will win you coins to start with
+5 coins for an exact answer
+2 coins for a half-right answer

You also only get one guess for each team, can't change answers.

Luigimasterply2
6 months ago#9
And here's our Quests for this Season!

<< Quest Spars >>

There are events stirring in the city in the sky. Tired of sparring in the League? Try your hand at these computer spars. They become available through numerical completion. Victories result in some rare prizes.

Level 1 – Trusted Team
Level 2 – Malware Spread
Level 3 - Doing the Dishes
Level 4 – Toy Time
Level 5 – Writer’s Block
Level 6 – Metal Fist
Level 7 – Love At First Sight
Level 8 – Nuclear Crisis

Level 2, 6, and 7 are subject to change entirely, but I like what they are for now.

User Info: RetroYoshi4191

RetroYoshi4191
6 months ago#10
Just a few questions:

Player teams will start at Level 1.

Does this stick to the "Level 0" rule (Players "start" at Level 0 but immediately gain a level at the start)? The reason it's there is partly to hasten the approach to higher level play, since early game has been proven to be nothing but a burden, and partly because when Level 0 is factored in the max stats come out really evenly and it's nice.

It's also important to me because if I'm gonna make the player spreadsheet, I have to rework a lot of stuff if Level 0 doesn't exist.

All teams start with, and for the the whole season have, 15 BP to mix and match and equip any bought badges of their choice. Each badge can only be equipped on one character at a time. You can't buy two of the same badge and double the effect.

I'm guessing this means 15 BP between all party members. Can we buy two of the same badge to equip one on each character?

Quest Inventories are shared between team members.

Elaborate on this a little more. Does that mean there's one big inventory for quest items? If that's the case, would quest items always affect the entire party?

I'll post my team in a little bit. Also if anyone wants to team up, I'm here. I can make a character to accompany yours.
It's mine, it's all mine
  1. Boards
  2. The Glitz Pit
  3. Glitz Pit Season 8 Registry Topic