• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Glitz Pit
  3. Glitz Pit Season 7 Registry Topic

User Info: DragonImps

DragonImps
9 months ago#41
Retro, how do you feel about moves that have a coin cost? I was thinking of having a summon that only acts when you offer coins and on-hand items... I don't plan on pairing that with item/coin grinding abilities, trying to go for a different playstyle here.

Also, are non-player teams controlled by an AI? iirc, they are, but just checking.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dRolzRf9OFI

User Info: Koopa-Dude94

Koopa-Dude94
9 months ago#42
I'll direct Retro to Post #35 in case he didn't see my questions regarding Totem.
ha ha ha theo clown did walk
oh how he wished for a simpler gate

User Info: RetroYoshi4191

RetroYoshi4191
9 months ago#43
As for the totem...Back when we did Cat Burglars, I believe AirMeows had a thing where they scaled with stat-ups and HP, but their FP cost also increased per stat-up. Would it be possible to do something like that here? Also, what if the totem had 0 DEF by default?

I know I saw this. I guess I just went over it in my head so much that I ended up thinking I posted it already.

Basically, yeah, Katie's summons cost 1 extra FP with each stat-up. The Totems actually aren't all that far off from the Meows, except the Meows had more than one move. Currently, the Totems' cost would run you about 6 FP. But, if you increase the cost by 1 per stat-up, you have three options:

1 DEF, 6 FP +1 per stat up (Totems get HP level ups and benefit from summoners' stat-ups)
1 DEF, 5 FP +1 per stat up (Totems benefit from summoners' stat-ups)
0 DEF, 5 FP +1 per stat up (Totems get HP level ups and benefit from summoners' stat-ups)
It's mine, it's all mine

RetroYoshi4191
9 months ago#44
A question: why are Gone and Immobilized priced the same? Isn't the whole point of Gone to be a slightly cheaper Immobilized, in return for not being able to target that particular opponent?

Thinking of it now, I would have to look back at NS5 to see why it was determined that way. Although things that subvert the nature of Gone, like Apocalypse Now, aren't going to be allowed, as that would plainly make it identifiable with Immobilized, there are still some things, like the fact that unlike Immobilized, Gone is not curable in any way, since they're... gone. Essentially, an enemy's allies can act on immobilized, but that Gone character is boned. No healing, no way to stop Gone, it's absolute once inflicted. Plus status ailments would still be in affect on a Gone character, so you could still put some poison/burn on them and throw them in a void. Thus, the "intangibility" of Gone ultimately still works in favor of the Gone-er, and against the guy who's a goner.
It's mine, it's all mine

RetroYoshi4191
9 months ago#45
Retro, how do you feel about moves that have a coin cost? I was thinking of having a summon that only acts when you offer coins and on-hand items... I don't plan on pairing that with item/coin grinding abilities, trying to go for a different playstyle here.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that yet, it's hard to balance those kinds of things because coins as FP is tricky; you can stockpile coins and end up having 150 coins to bring into battle and absolutely shred the foe to pieces. But FP is always limited by... you know, your max. If you want to build a character whose moveset is entirely coin costs, then I would basically require a limit for the number of coins you could bring into battle - like, say 30 (subject to change depending on how much the moves cost in comparison to how much they are with FP).

Also, are non-player teams controlled by an AI? iirc, they are, but just checking.

I control them personally.

As a side note, for anyone interested who doesn't remember this, different "control types" have been talked about in the past, mostly by Wuigi and I about applying these de facto to our teams to make moderating a little more interesting:

"MOD" type - I control the teams but I don't always make the best decisions. This is what I normally do, and what I did for all teams in my past seasons.
"RNG" type - I randomize the moves that the teams use. Rarely implemented, because it's a little boring.
"CPU" type - I write instructions on which moves to use in what order in my notes, and always follow them.
"MP5" type - I control the teams and try to win, no mercy.

RNG and CPU aren't present this season, it's mostly just MOD and probably some MP5 for higher-up teams like in the Major Leagues, or if a particular team has had a long winstreak.

Also I'm thinking about starting the season on Wednesday, March 7th but it all depends on how many teams get finalized by that point. Still waiting to hear from JP on his team, Drizzlebow hasn't responded, Guydude is on the fence about it, I don't think Birdbrain has posted a team yet, but everyone else has a team in the works.

And Wuigi... well, I just wanted to see if mentioning him would bring him back from the dead. I have to genuinely wonder what happened that he disappears like this.
It's mine, it's all mine

User Info: JPKilla

JPKilla
9 months ago#46
Yeah, I was working on a cool concept team, but the gameplay on it would be slow. Normally I like slow play, but on a forum post-by-post deal where I need the active attention of another human being, probably not a great idea.

So I've had to shift over into another team idea. I'll be working on it on-and-off tonight (practice session of Overwatch AHGL smack dab in the middle of my night), and I can post at least something by midnight. I don't have a full moveset, but I have the core more or less fleshed out.

Needless to say, I've still made it unnecessarily complicated and will probably make you cry at the notion of needing to try to balance it.
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

User Info: Doopliss_Power

Doopliss_Power
9 months ago#47
How about 30% Fear for Thunder Strike?

Can I make Sickle Cell cause the target to get 10% worse RNG for the rest of the turn?

How about Primary Primer does 50% draining for Yellow?

And let's just redo the Synchrostrike:

Synchrostrike: Terminal Prognosis: Every opponent takes 2 damage on the turn this is used, and then proceeds to take 4, 6, 8, and 10 damage on the four turns that follow
Your signature goes on every post you make and is a way for people to identify you, it'd be a shame if there were any tpyos in it.

User Info: Luigimasterply2

Luigimasterply2
9 months ago#48
The appropriate stats for a 1 DEF duo this season is 25/25 HP, 10/10 FP, 1 DEF

Ok.

+2 DEF for 3 turns is 4 FP, but the only FP healing that will be allowed this season is 3 FP free healing.

As a Glitz Pit veteran, do you think it'd benefit my team more to keep the +2 DEF ability or change the move altogether into a 3 FP free heal move?

Chuck || Flaming, Swole Magikoopa || 25/25 HP, 10/10 FP, 1 Def

Form changes like this are difficult to balance, so at the very least I'm going to need Chuck's stats to match Kenny's (read: no Max HP or DEF increase).

Another thing that's important to note is that you can't have more moves than is normally allowed because you have more than one form. Chuck will have to share Kenny's moveset. You can have his moves act differently when used as Chuck, but they would need to have the same cost as the original move. Danger Rage's cost will depend on how different Chuck is from Kenny.

Instead of doing all that, how about I scrap Chuck altogether? Can I do that in favor of Kenny having more than 4 moves?

Dakota || Boo || 18/18 HP, 5/5 FP, 2 Def

20/20 HP, 10/10 FP, 2 DEF

Ok.

Scare: Does 2 indirect damage to 1 opponent. 50% chance of giving opponent Fear

50% Fear isn't allowed on basic attacks. The closest alternative would be 25% chance of Shrink for 1 turn, and you would still do 2 indirect-any damage.

Could I do 10% Fear and 3 indirect-any damage?

(7 FP) Jack of All Trades: 8 direct damage to all opponents

This would be 9 FP.

Ok.

(15 FP) Possessive Much?: Dakota possesses an opponent, making all the attacks they do target themselves, for 3 turns, and doesn't affect his HP during the 3 turns

So kind of like Confusion, but 100% chance of the foe hitting themselves. Plus, when foes hit themselves in confusion, they always hit themselves with their own basic attack. In this version, whatever move they use hits them, which I don't think I'd allow because of the complications that would arise from some moves being used on their user. So this would be like 16 FP, but it would work like always-effective Confusion.

What type of complications could this cause?

Synchrostrike- Magic Show: Dakota puts on a top hat and bowtie. He tips his hat off to their opponents and Kenny shoots it with magic. Dakota holds up his top hat above his head, towards their opponents as it turns into a black hole. Sucks up all opponents, doing 7 damage. The black hole feeds off of the opponents’ energy when sucking them in, so it heals both Kenny and Dakota 5 HP and 5 FP.

Actually, scratch that, my bad. The healing is AoE so it's actually about right where it is.

Well, good we can leave that untouched.
Life's a game but it's not fair.

User Info: Pendragon71037

Pendragon71037
9 months ago#49
Okay, how's this?

Double Down: 10 FP. For the next 2 turns, The Lopen is Fast, and his ATK is increased by half his Basic damage (rounded down).
Welcome to my church: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_qKAbBjCQ
Nothing is worse than a wise guy who pretends to not understand hyperbole.

RetroYoshi4191
9 months ago#50
How about 30% Fear for Thunder Strike?

Then it would run you about 7 FP.

Can I make Sickle Cell cause the target to get 10% worse RNG for the rest of the turn?

Uhm... I guess that would be fine. It wouldbe largely ineffective against most teams, but it's probably fine.

How about Primary Primer does 50% draining for Yellow?

I'm gonna guess you meant Boosted Blow here, in which case yeah, that's okay.

Every opponent takes 2 damage on the turn this is used, and then proceeds to take 4, 6, 8, and 10 damage on the four turns that follow

This is okay as long as it's applied like an indirect-any AoE attack - if you wanted it to have burn or poison-like properties, it would have to go 1>3>5>7 and stop there.
It's mine, it's all mine
  1. Boards
  2. The Glitz Pit
  3. Glitz Pit Season 7 Registry Topic
  • Topic Archived