You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: PinkSalmon

PinkSalmon
5 months ago#1
I mean, sure, the whole Board is basically that now, but why not have an actual Topic about it? Feel free to discuss whatever in here - Initial thoughts, your wishlist, what version/starter you're getting... And go wild with the speculations! (I know I will)

Kicking things off with my own impressions and stuffs:

- Game looks amazing. Of course, I do say that with every game, but this one really does look amazing.
- Game sounds amazing too. I heard bagpipes in the background while Masuda was talking - assuming that is from the soundtrack, I love it!
- I love the "UK countryside" vibe from the starting area, and the MC's outfits. The cottage looks especially nice, with the rosebushes and ivy growing around it.
- My prediction on the MC's names: Arthur and Gwen. Lol, well maybe not, but I think the names will be based on warriors, or something of that nature.
- She was sneaking in the grass... Could Dex Nav be returning?
- First NPC Trainer we see... Gen 8 Lass? Schoolkid? Rising Star?
- (Second NPC Trainer we see... Gen 8 Youngster?)
- Looks like the first Gym is Grass? If so, there will be a "helper" for Sobble available nearby. Regional bird is a given, and I'm thinking the Bug might be Bug/Poison again.
- Some guesses for other Gym typings: Fairy, Ice, and Steel. (But Steel could also be E4)
- Older Pokémon I'm pretty sure will be the Regional Dex (that were not shown in the trailer): Mareep line, Roselia line, and Lillipup line.
- Also high chance of a Lapras encounter in one of the lakes, unless they've gone with a new "Nessie".
- I think Wolf/Dragon heads we see in the logos are indeed the Legendaries... Or maybe one Legendary with a "Sword" and "Shield" Form(e)? Or twin Legendaries?
- And one final prediction (for now) : Scorbunny's HA will be Speed Boost.

Oh, and as for what version/starter I'm going with: Sword/Scorbunny. But, as I said in another Topic, that could easily change between now and release.

User Info: Lagochocobo13

Lagochocobo13
5 months ago#2
I'm just hoping we get new Eeveelutions!

It is time for them if the pattern continues. Also this region seems very steampunk-y so great time for a Steel type Eevee. maybe then also a bug or rock one.

I do like how the starter pattern continued with Scorbunny.
FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
GT:Lagochocobo13

Lagochocobo13
5 months ago#3
Also @Twinklestar

* fire/electric rabbit as the fire starter, water/poison snake as the water starter, the grass type can be anything GF wants it to be, I don't really care

You said this in an earlier thread and just wanted to point it out.
Maybe part of this will come true?

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
5 months ago#4
Lagochocobo13 posted...

You said this in an earlier thread and just wanted to point it out.
Maybe part of this will come true?

Heh, maybe XD

Although, for the water starter I want a snake in particular, not just any lizard.

PinkSalmon posted...

- My prediction on the MC's names: Arthur and Gwen. Lol, well maybe not, but I think the names will be based on warriors, or something of that nature.

It's most likely going to be something that start with "S" for both of them. That's the pattern we have since Gen 5. Blair and Whitlea (B/W), Xavier and Yvonne (X/Y), they even changed Brendan and May for OR/AS, I forgot what was May's new name, but Brendan is changed to Orlando because Omega. I also forgot what were the S/M one, but I remember the names were revealed in a quick shot in one of the trailers that feature children playing the game.

PinkSalmon posted...

- She was sneaking in the grass... Could Dex Nav be returning?

This is something I don't see many people mentioning. Yeah, I hope DexNav returns.
(edited 5 months ago)

PinkSalmon
5 months ago#5
Lagochocobo13 posted...
I'm just hoping we get new Eeveelutions!

It is time for them if the pattern continues. Also this region seems very steampunk-y so great time for a Steel type Eevee. maybe then also a bug or rock one.

I do like how the starter pattern continued with Scorbunny.

I'm expecting/hoping for a Dragon Eeveelution myself, because I like the idea of all the original Special types being represented. But I certainly wouldn't be against the idea of them being other types as well!

Twinklestar posted...
It's most likely going to be something that start with "S" for both of them. That's the pattern we have since Gen 5. Blair and Whitlea (B/W), Xavier and Yvonne (X/Y), they even changed Brendan and May for OR/AS, I forgot what was May's new name, but Brendan is changed to Orlando because Omega. I also forgot what were the S/M one, but I remember the names were revealed in a quick shot in one of the trailers that feature children playing the game

I thought their names were Hilbert/Hilda (BW), and Calem/Serena (XY) ? ...Well, either way, I think I'm going to be naming my character Gwen, as it has already taken root in my mind.

Gamexplain has their trailer analysis up. The two things that stuck out for me were the idea that there may be two Professors, and the fact that Grookey restored the damaged grass in the starter intro. I totally missed that, despite repeated viewings of the trailer!
It makes me look at Grookey in a whole new light - when I first saw it banging its stick on the ground, I thought it was meant to be a fighter/warrior. But now... Maybe it's actually meant to be a sort of "Healer"? ...Of course, making grass grow is a thing Grass Pokémon do, so this is a case of only time will tell, huh?

Lagochocobo13
5 months ago#6
I'm kind of excited about the stadium building that they show.
I hope they have some cool announcer and that it's more than just single player thing.

Imagine doing multiplayer battles with an announcer again.

User Info: dirkac

dirkac
5 months ago#7
Twinklestar posted...
It's most likely going to be something that start with "S" for both of them. That's the pattern we have since Gen 5. Blair and Whitlea (B/W), Xavier and Yvonne (X/Y), they even changed Brendan and May for OR/AS, I forgot what was May's new name, but Brendan is changed to Orlando because Omega. I also forgot what were the S/M one, but I remember the names were revealed in a quick shot in one of the trailers that feature children playing the game.

They're not, they're called Hilbert/Hilda, Calem/Serena, and Brendan/May.
All of these other names were just used in prerelease screens, and May didn't have one because the ORAS Demo only had Brendan as Orlando. In all of the actual games they still retain their regular names.

SM's names are Elio and Selene.

Either way, hope we get some more mons like the regional bugs revealed soon enough.
Kben Nederlands. Sprich Deutsch og Dansk til mig.
IGN: Dirk, FC: 0602-6564-1575

PinkSalmon
5 months ago#8
https://youtu.be/YMLMgCSUeFE

Been waiting for this. Okay, let's see here...

- Yep, that green roofed building is almost certainly the Daycare. Note the long road that runs beneath it.
- Yep, I'm thinking/hoping that there'll be an "Ireland" to explore post-game too.
- Lol, "Pika-dilly" Circus. Bet that makes it into the game in some way!
- Huh... Well their idea on the Gyms is certainly interesting. First three Gyms are Fire, Grass and Water, and can be completed in any order, while the eighth Gym has no type, just strong Trainers. That would be... Quite different... But in a good way!
- (And if true, that means that there will be helpers available for all three starters in the early areas)
- And even they are speculating about Kalos post-game... While it would be quite the surprise, I just don't think it will happen. (In fact, I'd say there's about a 0% chance of that happening, wouldn't you? ... I'm sorry, I had to say it!)

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
5 months ago#9
PinkSalmon posted...
the fact that Grookey restored the damaged grass in the starter intro. I totally missed that, despite repeated viewings of the trailer!
It makes me look at Grookey in a whole new light - when I first saw it banging its stick on the ground, I thought it was meant to be a fighter/warrior. But now... Maybe it's actually meant to be a sort of "Healer"? ...Of course, making grass grow is a thing Grass Pokémon do, so this is a case of only time will tell, huh?

Yeah, I think it was just to have something that signaled its Typing, as technically the grass could have just sticked up after enough water fell from the stems (even though clearly it came back up faster than how that would actually happen) and because I imagine that flourishing plant life is a common ability among Grass Types; I'm really behind the "drummer theme" theory, for Grookey, which is my choice, for now, anyway.

Regarding other speculations, I think the Gyms might be:
- Grass (100%)
- Water (also pretty much certain)
- either Fire or Steel (the steampunk city, the Stadium is at the basis of the "clocktower")
- Dark (the Stadium in the snowy city indeed seems to have Dark coloring.. Idk if they'll actually go there, but it sure would be a nice innovation for them to tout about that actually wouldn't be hugely controversial or anything)
- Ground or Rock (Ground might be more likely because of the Diglett/Dugtrio carving in the area)
- Fairy (the town is pretty much directly out of a fairy-tale, with cookie houses and big glowy mushrooms, hidden away in a forest; furthermore, it seems like it is placed in correspondence of the Sherwood Forest; the coloring suggests something a bit darker, like Ghost, but I just can't see Shiinotic not being an element of this Stadium, so I'm going with Fairy)
- Dragon (the big castle-city at the center, where I also suspect the League might be)
- ??? [the League might either be the special Stadium, which we actually saw in the Trailers (Lucario and Tyranitar were fighting in a Stadium built of red parts, visible in the background) or the big tower, with "Victory Road" also being the tower]

I think we're gonna get an unsatisfying amount of new Pokémon, again, but maybe more than the last 2 Gens; maybe not 100 yet, but I'm hoping for at least 90.

As for what older Pokémon are gonna be in the Region.. I have a topic in mind, which will hopefully work out; I'm gonna make it now, actually.

PinkSalmon posted...
Or maybe one Legendary with a "Sword" and "Shield" Form(e)? Or twin Legendaries?

I'm thinking along these lines, as well.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

PinkSalmon
5 months ago#10
Lagochocobo13 posted...
I'm kind of excited about the stadium building that they show.
I hope they have some cool announcer and that it's more than just single player thing.

Imagine doing multiplayer battles with an announcer again.

Yes, I want to know more about the stadiums myself. What's the deal with the whole football set up, for example? I hope it is Gym Battle related, and not just a silly minigame, along the lines of Gen 6 Super Training. I am not good at those kind of games, and didn't enjoy that much!

dirkac posted...
Either way, hope we get some more mons like the regional bugs revealed soon enough.

I'm expecting those to be among the next reveals, as I believe they usually are? I'm eager to see the bird, so I can decide if I want to go with it or an older bird/Zubat again. (Assuming any of those are included in the Dex, of course)

Regarding the Gyms, before I saw the Gamexplain video, I had them as: Grass, Water, Ground, Steel, Fairy, Fighting, Ice and Dragon. I mean, that one Gym is surrounded by ice, so that is my first guess, but if it did turn out to be Dark, well, cool! Finally, after all these years!
And yes, I know what you're thinking: Fighting doesn't really seem to fit anywhere, does it? My idea was that either there's a Gym we're not seeing somewhere, or that the "London" stadium is actually a Fighting Gym. (And the Tyranitar we saw is actually an E4 match.)
But it is a little weak theory-wise, I'll admit... And now that I've seen that video, I'm thinking that their theory is more likely to be correct.