• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Heroes II
  3. Uber Astraea's abacus (Abacus)(Torneko) help/tips...

User Info: MarioShroomed

MarioShroomed
1 month ago#1
This is the only weapon I still need for 100%. I have appraised over 100 would be weapons and have done maze of the mighty with Torneko in my party at least 20 times now and it never pops.

I got enough ace of spoils and uber spoils to take down Satan but **** me this game is getting very old. I'm at 276 hours and have been farming for at least a hundred now.
Boletaria, Lordran, Drangleic, Yharnam, Lothric

User Info: Ohioguy1980

Ohioguy1980
1 month ago#2
I felt I was getting screwed toward the end myself but damn, not like that. Probably only took me a day of playing to get every uber when it finally started to give me weapon items. When I first started trying to get ubers, no matter what I beat, I couldn't even get a shard.

Maze of the Mighty definitely is the best but it is still luck. The others are completely random, however, I used the Twin Kings battle to get the first like 50% of weapons. With a decent party, you can clear it in a couple of minutes.

The Maze of the Mighty will always give you a weapon item for one of the characters on your team when it gives you a weapon item. It has a high chance of being an essence/extract but can give you shards/fragments.

It is the only place to get essences/extracts which tend to become the best weapons.

This next stuff could be totally random but, for me, the weapon item seemed to be influenced by some factors:

The fourth position (last of four to be picked) seemed to have the highest chance of the weapon being for them and it went in reverse order of chance with third position next, then second and the first position having the worst chance.

Have the character of choice deal the final blows to the bosses. Yeah, Torneko isn't exactly a heavy hitter but he can managed that last sliver at least.

Also, the more major the final baddie of the Maze, the more likely you are to get a weapon item in general.

User Info: MarioShroomed

MarioShroomed
1 month ago#3
I got the Abacus the day after posting. Also the quickest map I have done is Bad Guys Base. Completed it in 1 minute 24.25 seconds. And I think I did it faster later on.
Boletaria, Lordran, Drangleic, Yharnam, Lothric
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Heroes II
  3. Uber Astraea's abacus (Abacus)(Torneko) help/tips...
  • Post New Message