• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Heroes II
  3. Is multi-player broken?

User Info: Ampelas

Ampelas
2 years ago#1
My buddy and I keep trying to run dungeons together, but can't seem to connect. Neither of us can create rooms, and when we search, no rooms appear. We even tried using passwords to try story missions

User Info: rmcin329

rmcin329
2 years ago#2
yeah multiplayer is pretty messed up from what i've been hearing(not tried it yet myself). A lot of people can't host, just search the message board a bit there is plenty of topics talking about it.

User Info: Ampelas

Ampelas
2 years ago#3
rmcin329 posted...
yeah multiplayer is pretty messed up from what i've been hearing(not tried it yet myself). A lot of people can't host, just search the message board a bit there is plenty of topics talking about it.

Yeah, I searched a little, but then I saw topics about running high level dungeons, so I thought there might be a way around it :( Guess we'll have to wait for a patch.

rmcin329
2 years ago#4
Ampelas posted...
rmcin329 posted...

Yeah, I searched a little, but then I saw topics about running high level dungeons, so I thought there might be a way around it :( Guess we'll have to wait for a patch.

Well there is this topic https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/141840-dragon-quest-heroes-ii/75287938
But thats not a fix i would choose to use myself.

User Info: Ultimarok

Ultimarok
2 years ago#5
rmcin329 posted...
Well there is this topic https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/141840-dragon-quest-heroes-ii/75287938

Wrong topic?

Doesn't mention anything about online multi-player or how to fix it.

rmcin329
2 years ago#6
Ultimarok posted...
rmcin329 posted...

Wrong topic?

Doesn't mention anything about online multi-player or how to fix it.

whoops you're right, i linked the wrong one, here you go https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/141840-dragon-quest-heroes-ii/75289170

Ultimarok
2 years ago#7
Oh yeah, I've seen that before. Definitely not a "fix" I want to try and you'd have to pay for PS Plus all over again.

Still waiting on them to patch the game up and fix it already, but at the same time I'm also still trying to troubleshoot it in numerous different ways just because I don't want to wait on their lazy asses anymore.

User Info: Hinatachan18

Hinatachan18
2 years ago#8
Ultimarok posted...
Oh yeah, I've seen that before. Definitely not a "fix" I want to try and you'd have to pay for PS Plus all over again.

Still waiting on them to patch the game up and fix it already, but at the same time I'm also still trying to troubleshoot it in numerous different ways just because I don't want to wait on their lazy asses anymore.

actually you don't, i sure don't anyways, you just have your other one as your primary and play on the second one.

I know it's not the best fix, but it does work.
Nao-chan fan's unite!

Ultimarok
2 years ago#9
Hinatachan18 posted...
actually you don't, i sure don't anyways, you just have your other one as your primary and play on the second one.

I know it's not the best fix, but it does work.

Want to explain more about this primary and secondary thing? I don't know how to set it up or how that works. Does the second account somehow use the PS Plus of the primary account? Because as far as I know, you cannot play online multi-player without PS Plus.

Important add-on question to that: Any chance my current save file can be used with this 'secondary' account I create? Not a fan of starting over from scratch. I suppose any co-op is better than no co-op, though.

They are taking an unusually long time to update/fix it where most companies would've had it up by now.

User Info: lightsword21

lightsword21
2 years ago#10
Ultimarok posted...

based on something I've read it might be a case of save file bugging or missing an item, something called a traveler's tome. So starting a new file may fix it if this the case something a new profile would also have to do... no idea if this is accurate or not, but if you start 3 different files are all 3 experiencing same issues or just 1-2 out of 3 might give us an idea of the issue
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Heroes II
  3. Is multi-player broken?
  • Topic Archived