• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Heroes II
  3. Reading a lot about MP not working properly. Details?

User Info: MercwithMouth82

MercwithMouth82
2 years ago#1
Co-op was a big deciding point for me so I'd like to know what problems we are facing at the moment with the MP.

My Explorer's Edition is arriving in a bit and while I didn't plan on jumping into MP right away it would still be nice to know.
GT&PSN:MercwithMouth82/Friendcode:5344-0132-5074 YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLU-X9QYlYpDmA2PJOxQckw
--- My common sense is tingling

User Info: Ultimarok

Ultimarok
2 years ago#2
kaoticusanta posted...
Let me try to break it down for you:

Here is what you can't co-op no matter what: the overworld map and it's associated exploration and quests. This is actually a rather big chunk of the game (and is very unfortunate).

Here's what you can co-op:

-Story missions that actually take part in what the game calls "battlefields" which are initiated in very specific locations in the overworld. These are quite similar to how mission played out in the first DQH and other similar games. This is where there is a tricky bit that confuses people: only people that have already completed said mission in their own playthrough can join other people's.

-Labyrinth missions which can be started from an NPC in town. These are rather short and sweet (and a little boring, can't imagine doing any of them a particularly high number of times) but anyone can join anyone else, with no restriction. These can also be completed solo with an AI party, if you so wish. In fact, the DLC party members (which aren't available in NA yet) can only be used in these missions. EDIT: And just to clarify, doing these missions is in no way necessary, nor are they tied to quests or anything story related. They are there only as an additional method of farming/grinding as well as to give a little more that can be co-oped, I guess.

What this means is that for you and a buddy to co-op story missions, you both need to advance the story to where these missions take place and one of you has to complete it on his own. Not ideal. Also, and this is from hearsay, but additional Labyrinth missions only become available as you advance the story as well.

There you go.

MercwithMouth82
2 years ago#3
Ultimarok posted...
kaoticusanta posted...
Let me try to break it down for you:

Here is what you can't co-op no matter what: the overworld map and it's associated exploration and quests. This is actually a rather big chunk of the game (and is very unfortunate).

Here's what you can co-op:

-Story missions that actually take part in what the game calls "battlefields" which are initiated in very specific locations in the overworld. These are quite similar to how mission played out in the first DQH and other similar games. This is where there is a tricky bit that confuses people: only people that have already completed said mission in their own playthrough can join other people's.

-Labyrinth missions which can be started from an NPC in town. These are rather short and sweet (and a little boring, can't imagine doing any of them a particularly high number of times) but anyone can join anyone else, with no restriction. These can also be completed solo with an AI party, if you so wish. In fact, the DLC party members (which aren't available in NA yet) can only be used in these missions. EDIT: And just to clarify, doing these missions is in no way necessary, nor are they tied to quests or anything story related. They are there only as an additional method of farming/grinding as well as to give a little more that can be co-oped, I guess.

What this means is that for you and a buddy to co-op story missions, you both need to advance the story to where these missions take place and one of you has to complete it on his own. Not ideal. Also, and this is from hearsay, but additional Labyrinth missions only become available as you advance the story as well.

There you go.

Oh, thanks for that. I was aware of what can be co-oped and what can't.

But I keep reading about the majority of people not being able to host, people not being able to find lobbies and several people mentioning this all needs to be addressed in a patch.

So I wasn't wondering what can be co-oped when the game runs fine but what current co-op problems we are having atm.
GT&PSN:MercwithMouth82/Friendcode:5344-0132-5074 YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLU-X9QYlYpDmA2PJOxQckw

User Info: Ultimarok

Ultimarok
2 years ago#4
The problems are not easy to explain. Half the community can play co-op/online multi-player and half of us can't. It seems like it doesn't matter whether you have the physical or digital version and whether your NAT Type is open or not, or whether you delete the game and save data and completely reinstall it. It doesn't matter if you put your PS4 in the DMZ, it still won't work for some people, while it works fine for others.

Basically there's no logical explanation currently for this and we have no choice but to wait on the developers to fix/patch this via an update.

There is no way to know for sure whether or not you'll be able to do it, it's basically a crapshoot. Yep, it's purely luck on whether or not it will work for you.

MercwithMouth82
2 years ago#5
Ultimarok posted...
The problems are not easy to explain. Half the community can play co-op/online multi-player and half of us can't. It seems like it doesn't matter whether you have the physical or digital version and whether your NAT Type is open or not, or whether you delete the game and save data and completely reinstall it. It doesn't matter if you put your PS4 in the DMZ, it still won't work for some people, while it works fine for others.

Basically there's no logical explanation currently for this and we have no choice but to wait on the developers to fix/patch this via an update.

There is no way to know for sure whether or not you'll be able to do it, it's basically a crapshoot. Yep, it's purely luck on whether or not it will work for you.

Okay... That sheds some more light on it for me. thanks. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Do we already know if PAL players are affected as well?

I can only test it for myself after the mail arrives.

User Info: teklemec

teklemec
2 years ago#6
im going insane totally wasted my money here i cant create a lobby

MercwithMouth82
2 years ago#7
teklemec posted...
im going insane totally wasted my money here i cant create a lobby

Well I am pretty sure this will be addressed with a patch. You just have to focus on singleplayer up to that point. No?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest Heroes II
  3. Reading a lot about MP not working properly. Details?
  • Topic Archived