You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Rumble World
  3. I finally beat WCX (World Championship X)! Here's my strategy.

User Info: Lahsiv_Iknalos

Lahsiv_Iknalos
5 months ago#1
I've been grinding this game for long that I have even obtained a "Mewtwo Collector" Title. I'm so proud to say I've finally beaten WCX.

So I won using 2-3 Dialgas (1 No trait+1 Lobber+1 Punchy), 2-3 Keldeos (2 No trait+1 Picky) and a Picky++ Dargon Arceus (The real MVP). Here's my strat:

1st wave minions = Either use Keldeo with endeavor+sword or Dialga with hone claw+RoT.
1st wave Regis = Use Picky Keldeo with Scared Sword to defeat all but one Regis; attack it until it has little life left, then change to Dialga.

2nd wave minions = Use Dialga until all Garchomps are defeated then use Picky++ Dargon Arceus.
2nd wave bosses = Picky++ Dargon Arceus is used to quickly finish off the Palkia and Dialga with Judgement because these bosses are really dangerous.

3rd wave minions = I try to use Keldeo with endeavor+sword but sometimes I'm in a bad spot to change and I just take everyone out with Arceus.
3rd wave Bosses = Use Picky++ Dargon Arceus as soon as they appear.

4th wave minions = I found this part really difficult so maybe this isn't the best strat but I used Dialga if I had about 40 seconds left, but if I was low on time, I'd try to endeavor everything with Keldeo.
4th wave Bosses = Endeavor them with Keldeo until it does about 400-600 damage, then use Picky Keldo to defeat them with 1 second left on the clock!

I think I've underestimated the picky trait for a long time; only today did I decide to use my Picky Keldo; before I was using Virizion even though it was under 2000 Strength. I did it because I could use Calm Mind with Sacred Sword.
My Top 15 of AGDQ 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvHWDdayh48
AGDQ 2017 HYPE!

User Info: videogamepharoh

videogamepharoh
5 months ago#2
Yeah dialga with traits is generally the answer. I beat it using an epic hopip and a dialga on hard myself. slugger dialga for the whole thing till primals where I went bullet seed epic techie hopip. and yes picky is awesome on a good move. never underestimate it. Overall though just a decent dialga+something that can kill the primals does it if you're good enough to not die. But to reach the true pinnacle, try to beat the pikachu challenge. I've personally done it so it IS possible... just cancer difficult
FC=1221-1916-7148 IGN=Hussein
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Jorpho

Jorpho
4 months ago#3
I have an Epic Dialga with Snappy++; that was all I needed. I'm still hoping I can manage Hard Mode once I upgrade my Attack tree a little more.

videogamepharoh posted...
I've personally done it so it IS possible... just cancer difficult

Inconceivable! What moves were you using?

I assume you used a bunch of diamonds to resurrect several times over.

User Info: waterdeepchu

waterdeepchu
3 months ago#4
I was able to beat it with an epic Phantump. It has Picky++ and I gave it horn leech. It just tears through everything and heals itself. Also got the extra bonus for doing it without switching.

None of this works on hard mode though. Hard mode you're just dead. I don't even know how we're supposed to beat this thing. Even using my ridiculous pokemon like my Ultra Arceus that has like, 2230 power and phantump, I can't do it. I don't die, I run out of time by Dialga / Palkia.
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup

videogamepharoh
3 months ago#5
@Jorpho
lol whoops. well I never saw your message but... if you still needed the info I used thunder and charge since my pika happened to be epic with snappy++. I would imagine if you got better traits for it, volt tackle would be nice with adept and grappler. I didn't roll that though so I just had to work with what I had. It still took a LOT of luck despite it though. Like I needed mostly the least resistant spawns to electric to the most part, though I found salamence in the penultimate wave were nice as well since milotic is thicc and has a REALLY annoying attack given how small thunder's range is. But with only snappy++ for any form of DPS boost, thunder was the only thing i had that could do the damage I needed given I didn't have adept for volt tackle. Healthy trait was deceptively helpful as well, and I did it without using ANY diamonds to reset. The biggest issue by far with pika is running out of time. I also got REALLY lucky with thunder paraing the primals a few times which let me just go ham on them vs having to waste the VERY precious seconds dodging
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Jorpho

Jorpho
3 months ago#6
Thanks for replying @videogamepharoh . I would have expected Primal Groudon to be too resistant to electric attacks.

I assume you maxed out your Defense and Attack trees as well?

videogamepharoh
2 months ago#7
Actually I maxed only the attack tree out. if I recall I had... I think level 8 defense, and level 10 attack/speed trees and like 5 or 6 on the vacuum tree or something dumb like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Rumble World
  3. I finally beat WCX (World Championship X)! Here's my strategy.