• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Rumble World
  3. Is it very possible to 100% the game without paying at all?

User Info: soliunasm

soliunasm
6 years ago#11
I posted this in another thread so I'll do it here too.

The balloons alone take 1270 diamonds to get all of them with trees probably taking around that amount as well seeing as the rank 8 Wobble or Special Trait alone is something like 200 or 400 from what people were saying. Then you have to factor in all the cosmetics unless you plan on outright ignoring all of them.

There's only 27 challenges from the king which means only 351 free gems from him even if you did all the challenges including hard mode(27 * 13 = 351). You'll only get about half of those or less as a free player seeing as around 30 they only come every three to five levels and at best you'll have about seven balloons as a free player, maybe eight if you're extremely lucky with Miis. You only get 60 free diamonds from the Spot/Streetpasses, and the Streetpasses require you to get 100 and 999 Streetpasses. There's also that free 30 from the passwords now.

The only way to get diamonds past that is to use Play Coins since you'd have to wait two days to get 6 people for a single diamond. In a single month you'd get a grand total of 18 diamonds if you played every single day and checked in every single day (3 people a day * 30 days = 90 people. 90 people ÷ 5 needed for a diamond = 18 diamonds). The same applies to Play Coins if you just shift days and grind out steps, you'd get 18 diamonds for 300 Play Coins (10 Play Coins = 3 people visiting. 3 people * 30 Play Coin attempts = 90 people. 90 people ÷ 5 needed for a diamond = 18 diamonds)

You would have to spend close to 16,500 play coins to make 990 diamonds or more because your level is in no way high enough for all the king's challenges. It would take you weeks of just doing that to just buy the balloons, we're not even looking at the other two items yet.

If you decide to not Play Coin farm and only rely on check-ins then you'll get 219 diamonds every year guaranteed(3 people * 365 days in a year = 1095 people. 1095 people ÷ 5 needed for a diamond = 219 diamonds a year.) If we assume one out of every five of those people gives us a diamond when we save them then that's another 219 extra diamonds on top of that.

Realistically it would take you nearly three years just to buy the balloons as long as you made sure to check in every single day of the year and you don't grind Play Coins at all. The trees would probably take around the same amount of time, and you won't even be able to grind for Pokemon because the stopper will not only be expensive, but you'll have to wait for the balloons to refill which the Legends one takes 10 hours for instance and has all 28 Unown in it for example.
John 3:16
XBL/PSN/Steam - soliunasm

User Info: xoftheuniverse

xoftheuniverse
6 years ago#12
soliunasm posted...
I posted this in another thread so I'll do it here too.

The balloons alone take 1270 diamonds to get all of them with trees probably taking around that amount as well seeing as the rank 8 Wobble or Special Trait alone is something like 200 or 400 from what people were saying. Then you have to factor in all the cosmetics unless you plan on outright ignoring all of them.

There's only 27 challenges from the king which means only 351 free gems from him even if you did all the challenges including hard mode(27 * 13 = 351). You'll only get about half of those or less as a free player seeing as around 30 they only come every three to five levels and at best you'll have about seven balloons as a free player, maybe eight if you're extremely lucky with Miis. You only get 60 free diamonds from the Spot/Streetpasses, and the Streetpasses require you to get 100 and 999 Streetpasses. There's also that free 30 from the passwords now.

The only way to get diamonds past that is to use Play Coins since you'd have to wait two days to get 6 people for a single diamond. In a single month you'd get a grand total of 18 diamonds if you played every single day and checked in every single day (3 people a day * 30 days = 90 people. 90 people ÷ 5 needed for a diamond = 18 diamonds). The same applies to Play Coins if you just shift days and grind out steps, you'd get 18 diamonds for 300 Play Coins (10 Play Coins = 3 people visiting. 3 people * 30 Play Coin attempts = 90 people. 90 people ÷ 5 needed for a diamond = 18 diamonds)

You would have to spend close to 16,500 play coins to make 990 diamonds or more because your level is in no way high enough for all the king's challenges. It would take you weeks of just doing that to just buy the balloons, we're not even looking at the other two items yet.

If you decide to not Play Coin farm and only rely on check-ins then you'll get 219 diamonds every year guaranteed(3 people * 365 days in a year = 1095 people. 1095 people ÷ 5 needed for a diamond = 219 diamonds a year.) If we assume one out of every five of those people gives us a diamond when we save them then that's another 219 extra diamonds on top of that.

Realistically it would take you nearly three years just to buy the balloons as long as you made sure to check in every single day of the year and you don't grind Play Coins at all. The trees would probably take around the same amount of time, and you won't even be able to grind for Pokemon because the stopper will not only be expensive, but you'll have to wait for the balloons to refill which the Legends one takes 10 hours for instance and has all 28 Unown in it for example.

You're forgetting when your friends visit they count for the 5 people for a diamond, I usually get two diamonds from people I have on my FL. Also when you rescue the Miis that get attacked from your friends they sometimes give you a diamond.
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse

User Info: soliunasm

soliunasm
6 years ago#13
xoftheuniverse posted...
You're forgetting when your friends visit they count for the 5 people for a diamond

They don't visit every day though, do they? At most I get one extra persona day. I also accounted for the diamonds being given by the Miis that get attacked, that's what the extra 219 is for after the 219 you get from just the visits. It assumes 1/5 people you meet will give you an extra diamond.
John 3:16
XBL/PSN/Steam - soliunasm

User Info: Chromxolivia

Chromxolivia
6 years ago#14
Lol just pay $30 for the 3000 diamonds and have fun with it and less hassle.

User Info: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe
6 years ago#15
Chromxolivia posted...

Have you finally come to terms about this game being different from Pokemon Rumble Blast?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/71583801

It was an entertaining read whether you were trolling or not.
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: DigiDude77

DigiDude77
6 years ago#16
soliunasm posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...
You're forgetting when your friends visit they count for the 5 people for a diamond

They don't visit every day though, do they? At most I get one extra persona day. I also accounted for the diamonds being given by the Miis that get attacked, that's what the extra 219 is for after the 219 you get from just the visits. It assumes 1/5 people you meet will give you an extra diamond.

You Spotpass every day, yes. And with the free + Play Coins, that's 16 visitors a day, meaning 3 diamonds, 4 every 5 days.

Then you can get another 4-12 diamonds from them by meeting them in the area. (Realistically only 3-4, though there is a very small chance of getting 3 diamonds instead of 1 from someone and it only counts as one)

Then there's also a chance of being given a diamond by someone who is visiting you and is walking around your town. (I've only had that happen)

So realistically, with spotpass and play coins, you get 6-7 a day. So even discounting all of the kings challenges, the 60 from street/spotpasses, and the 30 from passwords, getting all the balloons would only take 212 days.

Taking into account all of those though (I won't count the 30 from streetpass, as not everyone gets those, like me), and you're more realistically looking at unlocking all of the balloons in about 3 and a half months of playing. Getting all the trees would take about the same amount of time.

Either way, it's still well under a year if you get enough friends to spotpass 10 (the limit) a day.
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> X <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

User Info: Chromxolivia

Chromxolivia
6 years ago#17
RemixDeluxe posted...
Chromxolivia posted...

Have you finally come to terms about this game being different from Pokemon Rumble Blast?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/71583801

It was an entertaining read whether you were trolling or not.

It still has the same elements from Rumble Blast but technically they added megas and 6th gen pokes so it's kinda different in a way and not to mention microtransaction. I had a good laugh from all the trolls from that thread though. It's so easy to make trolls mad xD

User Info: coldstiffy

coldstiffy
6 years ago#18
I just bought finish black and white balloons, and I probably have another 100 gems to collect from the king.

This section will be painful.
3DS FC: 2122 7783 5714 - Alterra / Gambol. Currently playing: Pokemon Rumble World
Proud free owner of Curtain Call Shiny Profile.

User Info: waterdeepchu

waterdeepchu
6 years ago#19
RemixDeluxe posted...
I really wish this game was simply sold at retail, no content blocked by paywalls or anything like that. The full game.

Actually id been thinking about this. It might be a good idea. Here we have a game that is essentially free at start, with a maximum cost you can spend to get the whole thing. But you arent out that money if you decide you don't like it. You have the full game so you're not restricted to a demo. And if you get halfway through and stop having fun, you've only 'wasted' a fraction of the full game's price.

Obviously it needs some tweaking, and Rumble World was not built with that model in mind. But it really seems like something that could work if done right.
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup

User Info: coldstiffy

coldstiffy
6 years ago#20
A normal3ds game in retail over here costs 50-60bucks

I could pay the full cost for rumble for 38bucks.

I don't think you should be unhappy about it... right?
3DS FC: 2122 7783 5714 - Alterra / Gambol. Currently playing: Pokemon Rumble World
Proud free owner of Curtain Call Shiny Profile.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Rumble World
  3. Is it very possible to 100% the game without paying at all?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A