• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Homeworld
  3. Is there a mod (or mods) to... modernise, Homeworld?

User Info: Apheal

Apheal
8 years ago#1
Hi there, I want to replay Homeworld again, but the game hasn't aged very gracefully. Are there any mods out there to make it a little easier to play on a modern system? I'm running windows 7 64bit with a 22" 1920x1080 monitor. All I really care about is some slightly nicer textures and the ability to run it on Windows 7, and if possible, highter quality sound effects.

Anyone done anything along the lines of the above able to point to resources so that I can play this wonderful game again?
manocheese | Posted 8/4/2008 4:44:29 AM | message detail | #015

User Info: thelovebat

thelovebat
8 years ago#2
I'm able to tweek the settings in the options menu to make it run at 1920x1080 resolution, which makes the ships and textures look better. However, I had to adjust the mouse cursor speed to compensate, and the text on screen looks substantially smaller as well as the ship building menus, and also the buttons and tabs at the bottom. Eventually I switched it back over to the normal resolution, but I'd still love to play it in 1920x1080 by way of a patch or mod to make those other things look normal.
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2

User Info: CShadow777

CShadow777
8 years ago#3
I am surprised nobody has tried to make a source port of this game yet. If I knew how to code, I would.

User Info: Blamat

Blamat
8 years ago#4
I'm not sure if its because I love it so much, but somehow the graphics in Homeworld don't really age that badly for me. It still doesn't look that bad I find
Read Berserk
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4628/berserk1fc8.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Homeworld
  3. Is there a mod (or mods) to... modernise, Homeworld?
  • Topic Archived