You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tokusatsu
  3. So apparently there's a new Power Rangers game coming

User Info: Rob_the_Ninja

Rob_the_Ninja
4 weeks ago#1
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, releasing in April for PS4, Switch, PC, Xbox One.

Here's the leaked trailer, so it might be taken down soon.
https://youtu.be/5tGSDX0J1HE

"The Power Rangers game fans have been waiting for" it says in the trailer...Is apparently a cheap, possibly download-only fighting game. The developers nWay make the mobile game Power Rangers Legacy Wars.
https://i.imgur.com/qDySatp.gif

User Info: battleblast

battleblast
4 weeks ago#2
I've never understood Power Rangers as a fighting game. Why are the rangers fighting each other? Did none of the monsters even bother to show up? Why is JDFs controller turned off?

My dream sentai/rider game is a an open city game. You henshin to deal with threats as you come across them, but you also do civilian stuff to build up relationships in the community. Which can be as simple as helping with the reconstruction between monster attacks, or helping that random kid at the juice bar that doesn't fit in. But the game length feels at least comparable to a season of Sentai/Rider. Which means side threats, collectables(maybe turning into old Riders/Rangers), and other stuff.
"I almost killed Gerry Conway." - Stan Lee
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN

User Info: thoul

thoul
4 weeks ago#3
Well, at least this one is not mobile only. It doesn't look any better or different than those, but being on consoles is a small step in a better direction.

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 weeks ago#4
I'll probably get it for s***s and giggles.

Though it's gonna be hard for any PR fighting game to top Fighting Edition.

battleblast posted...
I've never understood Power Rangers as a fighting game. Why are the rangers fighting each other? Did none of the monsters even bother to show up? Why is JDFs controller turned off?

I take it you've never played the Genesis fighting game.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: battleblast

battleblast
4 weeks ago#5
I played most of the power ranger games I could find, but yeah. Though the fighting megazords were fun.
"I almost killed Gerry Conway." - Stan Lee
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN

User Info: WellKnownNomad

WellKnownNomad
4 weeks ago#6
This looks bad but its a cheap cash in

battleblast posted...
My dream sentai/rider game is a an open city game. You henshin to deal with threats as you come across them, but you also do civilian stuff to build up relationships in the community. Which can be as simple as helping with the reconstruction between monster attacks, or helping that random kid at the juice bar that doesn't fit in. But the game length feels at least comparable to a season of Sentai/Rider. Which means side threats, collectables(maybe turning into old Riders/Rangers), and other stuff.

It be nice but Bandai and Toei probably refuse to spend the budget for it plus getting the rights to use an actor's likeness is already costly anyways and it sucks and it be nice if Bandai was willing to get Platinum or Kojima or Suda51 or Atlus on a Kamen Rider/Super Sentai game, it be nice if we got more original IP versions of Sentai/Rider-like as well

KCJ5062 posted...
I take it you've never played the Genesis fighting game.

There was also a fighting game for SNES, mostly focus on the Megazords instead though the devs improved from said Power Ranger game into a Gundam Wing game
"Anime is for jerks" - Jeff Gerstmann

User Info: IcyWind14

IcyWind14
4 weeks ago#7
It's probably just a console version of Legacy Wars, not excited.
It's the year 20XX and Mega Man 11 is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjxVfWzgVI

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
4 weeks ago#8
ill get it as it looks fun

thoe the trailer is ONCE AGAIN masturbating all over tommy i really wish they would stop sucking JDF off with power rangers media the bastard does not need more ego boosts
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Rob_the_Ninja

Rob_the_Ninja
4 weeks ago#9
FGC vet Justin Wong is helping with testing and balancing, so maybe it won't be a total piece of poop.

POWER RANGERS FIGHTING GAME!!!!

Here is a fun fact about this game

I am currently helping balance the game and making sure this game is AWESOME! Please tell me how awesome my balancing skills are when you try this game out

Thanks love you all
https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/1086042828528996353
https://i.imgur.com/qDySatp.gif

User Info: momo92

momo92
4 weeks ago#10
WellKnownNomad posted...
Genesis fighting game.

Best PRs game hands down.

My little sister and I would constantly try to beat our high scores in the end lol
"Music speaks when words fail!" Dokkan ID:748737433 Leader INT SS3 Bardock SA 10
Favorite song: Taste by Tyga
  1. Boards
  2. Tokusatsu
  3. So apparently there's a new Power Rangers game coming