You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tokusatsu
  3. Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 Discussion SPOILERS

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 week ago#1
Jesus, I know people told me that Amazons' second season was pretty bad, but what they didn't tell me is that it is utterly boring. It's so boring that even Iron Fist would be like, "DAMN!"

What the hell happened? First off, when the hell did they suck out the color Zack Snyder style while inserting lens flares Abrams galore? Secondly, there is no chemistry with the new cast. I don't feel like they are a team as half of the time they're just sitting in a room looking bored and the actors talk as if they were bored out of their minds. The thing that made the team from the first season great was there was a sense of comaraderie between the cast. None of that is present here.

Then there is the new kid's sudden interest in necrophilia. Like seriously? Does he really want to crack open a cold one that badly? Or he is just hoping for maximum shrinkage below his belt? Nevertheless, so far he is as interesting as wallpaper. He has no sense of personality, no individuality, and all he does is mope about. Then we have Banjou's actor, who serves no purpose whatsoever. Not to mention he and his friends are utterly unlikable. Then again, NO ONE in this show is likable so far. Everything is as monotonous as its color scheme.

What happened between the two seasons? At first, I was glad to finally get to see the second season since the first ended without completing its story. Now, I'm wishing there was no second season because it doesn't even feel like it is even trying to conclude the unfinished story. It seems to have started a whole new plot without explaining jack s*** to the audience. Add on top horrible editing, unremarkable, misplaced music, and you have yourself a pile of s***.

This is going to be tough to get through the remaining 10 episodes I have to watch.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

User Info: Rob_the_Ninja

Rob_the_Ninja
1 week ago#2
They took everything interesting about the first season, and either threw it out or dialed it back in favor of a s***ty protagonist and his zombie love story.

I did enjoy how visually striking Iyu's transformation was with the single glowing yellow iris.
https://i.imgur.com/qDySatp.gif

User Info: Unknown Nomad

Unknown Nomad
1 week ago#3
To be fair with Banjou's actor, this was before he ended up playing Banjou, so if it wasn't for Amazons season 2, he wouldn't get to be Banjou, which obviously he is far better as than here but he was probably in Toei's mind when they cast him in Amazons season 2

Anyways, I was gonna make a topic for The Last Judgement since sub is out but I'll just post my thoughts on it here, one thing it does fix is that it does focus on Haruka more once again considering Chihiro is killed towards the end of season 2 but the story here is basically Haruka and Mizuki find a cult for young Amazons but Haruka later finds out they are being cultivated as meat for humans and a pointless subplot where Nozama Peston Service meets runaways and convince to go free but then they kill them anyways because of a misunderstanding and for Kamen Rider being known as a "protector and friend to all children" they murder the f*** ton of children here, even Haruka ends up eating a little girl, who was severely by Neo Alpha, that he was trying to save but said little consented so Haruka can go back to his classic Amazon Omega form to have his final battle with Jin, which Haruka wins and finally kills Jin though I will say Neo Alpha does have the coolest weapon ever, basically a chainsaw with a minigun attached but as for the rest of the supporting cast, everyone lives though Tachibana gets shot in the leg in the end while Misaki raises the surviving Amazon children and Haruka leaves and wanders to elsewhere, maybe we'll see Haruka again in Zi-O
Hey there small business man!

User Info: Sakugen

Sakugen
5 days ago#4
Unknown Nomad posted...
The Last Judgement since sub is out

I couldn't make it past the first 3 minutes without being distracted by mistranslations.
Hum.

User Info: Jonny2284

Jonny2284
4 days ago#5
It's not by that same group that was first with the Ex-Aid movies is it? The one that makes everyone talk like Tommy Wiseau?

Dr_Kain
2 days ago#6
Jonny2284 posted...
It's not by that same group that was first with the Ex-Aid movies is it? The one that makes everyone talk like Tommy Wiseau?

lol What?
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

Jonny2284
2 days ago#7
If it is the same guys (and it does sound like it) It's a terrible translation group, they're clearly people who aren't native English speakers who are trying to translate into English and it show. If you really want to see something they're accurate enough you can follow them, but it's a struggle and any prolonged conversation comes out really wierd and it always makes me think of the room.

Like I said, they got the Ex-Aid trilogy before anyone else, I watched the first one and waited for someone else to do the rest, if you want a comparable experience watch the new movie trailer (the original, not the subbed versions) and turn auto captions on, that's about how it comes out. I honestly suspect it's just the official sub track from the DVD run through a translator to English.

Dr_Kain
2 days ago#8
I didn't even know anyone besides Nihon and Excite had subbed Ex-Aid.

Jonny2284
1 day ago#9
Don't know if they did the series itself tbh, just that they somehow got those final films out before anyone else got to them.

Dr_Kain
6 hours ago#10
We watched 4-7 last night and while things got a little better, it was still beyond boring. The first episode that featured the 20 minute date between the living dead girl and the dude who wants to crack open a cold one was so friggin terrible. The next episode was probably the best because it focused more on the characters from the first season over the new guys who are not even remotely interesting. Hell, the leader of the new team sits around 90% of the time looking bored. How is that exciting?

Episode 6 was more of the same, but at least the Rose dude was cool. As for the last episode we watched, I don't get how necro kid is Jin's son as Jin is way too young to have a 20 year old son. He's either got to be adopted or a test tube baby.
(edited 6 hours ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Tokusatsu
  3. Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 Discussion SPOILERS