You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tokusatsu
  3. Lupinranger vs. Patranger Discussion Topic (SPOILERS)

User Info: KaijunoKami

KaijunoKami
4 weeks ago#241
Wow, episode 47 was down right stupid. Like the Patrangers just stood there doing nothing as Noel was talking to Gauche when he was making his deal. They all could have easily rushed her without having Noel be kidnapped. That was the lamest scene in the entire series and this show has had a lot of lame scenes. That's like a kidnapper stands there and talks to a child while 3 adults just stand there and do nothing. God it was stupid. They make the scientists in Prometheus and Alien Covenant look intelligent.

Also, another encounter with Zamigo that leads to absolutely nothing happening.

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
4 weeks ago#242
KaijunoKami posted...
StarFighters76 posted...
Yeah this final arc is really starting to get good.

lol

Person #1 - "You guys should totally watch Lupinranger vs Patranger. The last 4 episodes are so amazing."

Person #2 - "Oh cool, but how is the show overall?"

Person #1 - "The last four episodes make the whole show worth watching."

Person #2 - "Okay... but how is the show as a whole?"

Person #1 - "...but the last four episodes..."

Actually I thought the show started getting interesting when they found Lupin Magnum, and even more so when Noel's big reveal happened.
1,000 maps goal achieved on 04/12/2010!
2,000 maps goal achieved on 04/15/2016!

User Info: Rob_the_Ninja

Rob_the_Ninja
4 weeks ago#243
f***ing finally.
https://i.imgtc.com/CcUiARw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qDySatp.gif

User Info: Unknown Nomad

Unknown Nomad
4 weeks ago#244
And it only took...49 episodes to get there
Hey there small business man!

User Info: IcyWind14

IcyWind14
4 weeks ago#245
Unknown Nomad posted...
And it only took...49 episodes to get there

Isn't this episode 48?
It's the year 20XX and Mega Man 11 is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjxVfWzgVI

Rob_the_Ninja
3 weeks ago#246
We've waited 48 episodes for it, and....The identity reveal was awful, it was so limply done. You couldn't feel any kind of threat if they didn't take off their masks, it's almost as if they did it because they wanted to.

Gauche's death was also poorly done. Dogranio takes all of her collection pieces for some reason, then she dies after one blast from both teams firing together. Before she does, she tears off her own gold safe and places it onto her created monster to see what would happen, and...It just makes it giant?...Ok....

Hell, Dogranio hardly does anything to threaten the teams. He takes a weak shot at the Pats when they try to rescue Noel, then f***s off after taking Gauche and her monster's pieces. He's like the most useless main villain ever.

The mech fight was the best part of this episode, mostly because of its direction and use of from the ground shots.

User Info: Unknown Nomad

Unknown Nomad
3 weeks ago#247
Its f***ing annoying because that part of the story should have been something resolved around 20 episodes and they could have had the part where the mechs of Lupinrangers and Patrangers finally join together or have them where the Patrangers know already but refuses to know until later on,

I gotta compare this to Kamen Rider Drive when early on the series, there was odd plot element where nobody, except for Rinna and Kiriko, could figure out who Drive as well as Mach were, until circumstances in episode 25 that would endanger everyone and despite some hesitance, Shinnosuke transforms into Drive and reveals his identity, leading Genpachiro and Kyu to being completely taken aback about this, but eventually this help the supporting crew work closer together and grow even further as the show went on

I think the big problem with this show is the fact the 2 Sentai teams was more of determent for the show, like its clear the fans preferred the Patrangers however the show doesn't make it like that and its clear staff wanted fans to prefer the Lupinrangers instead
Hey there small business man!

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
3 weeks ago#248
Yeah it is crazy how it took this long to get to the big reveal.
1,000 maps goal achieved on 04/12/2010!
2,000 maps goal achieved on 04/15/2016!

User Info: KaijunoKami

KaijunoKami
3 weeks ago#249
Wow, just wow. That final fight with Gauche was down right awful. Actually, can you even call that thing a fight? I mean, she stood there and they shot beams at her and then she died. That's some Heisei Godzilla bulls*** right there. Then again, I don't know what I expected from such a lame ass villain. I guess maybe her finale to actually do something with her character since we have had to deal with her for 48 episodes. She did absolutely nothing and had no development at all. Such a waste.

The Lupinrangers getting their identities revealed should have been cool, but the fact that Sakuya seemed so broken over it took away from the scene. There is no freaking way he could have truly been THAT dumb. Also, having the public all know who they were was equally lame. It would have been so much better had everyone just say something like, "I have no idea who they are," but nope, apparently all of Japan visits Jurer.

That's all the energy I'm willing to spend on this episode at this point. Let's hope the last two episodes can somewhat salvage this train wreck of a show so I can feel like it was at least worth sitting through.

Rob_the_Ninja
3 weeks ago#250
There's 3 episodes left, not two.

Gauche was the only villain with something kind of going on, because of her experiments, but nothing came of it. She made a couple of strong monsters, and powered up Zamigo, but that's basically it.
  1. Boards
  2. Tokusatsu
  3. Lupinranger vs. Patranger Discussion Topic (SPOILERS)