• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: acoustiphile

acoustiphile
3 years ago#11
There isn't a story really, as much as banter ( as far as the beta goes) and I am sure that it will be the same at launch.. The "story" as it is will basically just be set up by the current mission and the voice over telling you what you're doing and why you're doing it. That said, warhammer doesn't have that much of a story in general, out side of lore.

Add to this the fact that GW is hesitant to allow vg devs to MAKE stories for their stuff, outside of disjointed lore, because it risks changing cannon and the tabletop fans get REALLLLLY angry about that kind of thing.

It has JUST as much "story" if not MORE than L4D however, as the lore and existing universe are much better established, and deeper than the world created for L4D.
3DS FC: 0920-0275-3610

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
3 years ago#12
pothocket posted...
thetraveler posted...
pothocket posted...
I'm play the beta and there is a story. More than what L4D had even. What is TC talking about?

i don't have access to the beta. And not many people who do are talking about the story. They are only focusing on how the game plays and looks.

Ok, so why did you claim there was no story when actually you had no idea if there was a story or not?

if its like L4D there isn't really a story. Warhammer/40k has a rich universe to pull from.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

thetraveler
3 years ago#13
acoustiphile posted...
There isn't a story really, as much as banter ( as far as the beta goes) and I am sure that it will be the same at launch.. The "story" as it is will basically just be set up by the current mission and the voice over telling you what you're doing and why you're doing it. That said, warhammer doesn't have that much of a story in general, out side of lore.

Add to this the fact that GW is hesitant to allow vg devs to MAKE stories for their stuff, outside of disjointed lore, because it risks changing cannon and the tabletop fans get REALLLLLY angry about that kind of thing.

It has JUST as much "story" if not MORE than L4D however, as the lore and existing universe are much better established, and deeper than the world created for L4D.

is it just waves, or does it have some form of forward progression to an end mission, like L4D?
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

thetraveler
3 years ago#14
I also see no mention that there will be VS multiplayer. Coop is going to get old, real fast.

User Info: Blaze1st

Blaze1st
3 years ago#15
There is definitely story, not only the rich Warhammer lore but also a story for each mission and an overarching story for the game as a whole.

In addition the banter between characters is much better than that of L4D 1 & 2 and I can confirm you can run levels with AI bots however unlike L4D's they will not survive long on Hard difficulty or higher so if you want to beat the tougher challenges you need a good team rather than a random PUG.

User Info: Blaze1st

Blaze1st
3 years ago#16
Correct there is no versus mode but to me that makes sense, the game is far too hard for a versus mode to be balanced.

Hardest mode on LFD is like Normal in this game!

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 years ago#17
thetraveler posted...
pothocket posted...
thetraveler posted...
pothocket posted...
I'm play the beta and there is a story. More than what L4D had even. What is TC talking about?

i don't have access to the beta. And not many people who do are talking about the story. They are only focusing on how the game plays and looks.

Ok, so why did you claim there was no story when actually you had no idea if there was a story or not?

if its like L4D there isn't really a story. Warhammer/40k has a rich universe to pull from.

"It doesn't have a story like L4D!" ......"If it's like L4D it doesn't have a story!"

Make up your f***ing mind.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Enix

Enix
3 years ago#18
I think they have an amazing concept here, but will need lots of patches to get it to where IT SHOULD be - akin to Diablo 3's history. Difficulty is out of control; normal can sometimes be a breeze yet on easy Ogre, two rattlers, and an assassin spawn. I'd like to see tiered difficulties of mobs, perhaps level ranged like standard RPG element games, D3; Borderlands, and a much better and diverse loot system. Basically, I'd really dig it if it was Bordlerands smashed together with L4D. Seeing as they've implemented a half assed level and loot system, might as well go all in.
  • Topic Archived