• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
3 years ago#1
No single player campaign like in L4D. That is lame.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

User Info: 5pectre

5pectre
3 years ago#2
Just like Left 4 Dead there will be bots, hopefully the bots are helpful.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/594820656446299480/
Shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never ever cut a a deal with a dragon.

thetraveler
3 years ago#3
5pectre posted...
Just like Left 4 Dead there will be bots, hopefully the bots are helpful.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/594820656446299480/

Yea, but there is no story for that though. Its just the MP with bots. At least with L4D there was some sort of story. it was minimal but it made sense.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

User Info: 5pectre

5pectre
3 years ago#4
If you are referring to how the each campaign in L4D2 had progression such as escape the hotel, get to the mall and take the car, followed by abandon car and head to amusement park, until you eventually get to New Orleans and the rescue helicopter, then I do not know. It would be nice. This game will let you do a private game, just you and the bots, if that is what you meant too.

In L4D each campaign was standalone and had no overarching story they were just classic zombie scenarios and the objectives were the story for that campaign. That is happening in this too, to what extent I don't know.
Shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never ever cut a a deal with a dragon.

thetraveler
3 years ago#5
5pectre posted...
If you are referring to how the each campaign in L4D2 had progression such as escape the hotel, get to the mall and take the car, followed by abandon car and head to amusement park, until you eventually get to New Orleans and the rescue helicopter, then I do not know. It would be nice. This game will let you do a private game, just you and the bots, if that is what you meant too.

In L4D each campaign was standalone and had no overarching story they were just classic zombie scenarios and the objectives were the story for that campaign. That is happening in this too, to what extent I don't know.

Yes to the first part. In L4D2 it felt like there was a story, some reason for even doing the missions. If they manage to do that here then I'm in.

I would still love a Warhammer game in the style of Space Marine.

User Info: Smackpwn

Smackpwn
3 years ago#6
Um the story is going to be told through the character banter in game, and L4D "story" was generic zombie apocalypse

User Info: Trotzky

Trotzky
3 years ago#7
the story is told in pretty much the exact same way as in L4D
SteamID: Frederikvv

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 years ago#8
I'm play the beta and there is a story. More than what L4D had even. What is TC talking about?
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

thetraveler
3 years ago#9
pothocket posted...
I'm play the beta and there is a story. More than what L4D had even. What is TC talking about?

i don't have access to the beta. And not many people who do are talking about the story. They are only focusing on how the game plays and looks.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 years ago#10
thetraveler posted...
pothocket posted...

i don't have access to the beta. And not many people who do are talking about the story. They are only focusing on how the game plays and looks.

Ok, so why did you claim there was no story when actually you had no idea if there was a story or not?
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn
  • Topic Archived