You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Luigi
  3. Post Once a Day 6

User Info: APlusle

APlusle
6 months ago#21
Sounds like things went pretty well. Even if things don't end up going the way you might ideally prefer, it seems like you're on relatively clear and good terms.
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
6 months ago#22
I mean since then she's treated me like I dont really matter, probably because she doesnt know what to do with me, but all I can do is keep my cool and see what happens. We still talk naturally and we cant avoid eachother because school so idk. I think she was nicer to me yesterday than wednesday but I cant really know without more context, plus like I gave her the opportunity to tell me to give her space when I talked to her on Tuesday and she didnt so like that's on her as long as I'm not overbearing which I'm totally not. She breathed in weird when I gave her a hug yesterday but I was in a position where it would have been weirder not to so I cant say I've made any mistakes as far as I can see and I'm definitely acting on the right level of keeping my cool but being confidient and kind also. Maybe I'll just date her friend lol.
(edited 6 months ago)

APlusle
6 months ago#23
It sounds like dating her is unlikely at this point to me from what you've told me, especially if she reacted in a way you weren't expecting to physical contact. I'm not in the situation myself, though.
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.

slaterastle
6 months ago#24
Well I mean I'm fine with not dating her as I hope I've made clear both here and to her. My goal is to just be a cool guy in her life that likes her because I am and I do (in a confident non egotistical way of course haha.) If at any point it all blows up, assuming I dont act incredibly stupidly, it'll only be because of a lack of understanding of my position even though I've already tried explaining it. She might have taken the word "like" to mean "want to date" when really it just means "find agreeable, enjoyable, and/or satisfactory to the point of being open to romance" and I simply know if she felt the same way then we would have a good time if we dated which, again, is unnecessary for us to enjoy eachothers company.

As far as yesterday is concerned, I acted the best way I could given the circumstance, and it felt like a definite improvement as long as she was being honest. I can only hope I continue to act correctly and see where life takes me from here, and I can only hope any little details I took as bad signs are just me reading too deeply and/or will be washed away with the 2 years of time I have.

There's really nothing else to it except whether or not I should date her friend. I was planning on that yesterday but the idea crept into my mind that I shouldnt play with love so I'm back to questioning. I mean I know I like her too and I believe she likes me as well, I just dont see her as my end goal. I guess it's just a question of whether or not that matters, and I thought it didnt yesterday but idk anymore.

APlusle
6 months ago#25
Yeah, that all sounds good. I don't think I'm in a position to give input on whether to ask her friend to date. To answer your earlier questions that I never got to, I haven't ever looked for anything romantic to this point, and I mean I've got some stuff to sort out internally in regards to romance. It doesn't mean I won't date but I don't feel a need to specifically look for anything right now.
(edited 6 months ago)

slaterastle
6 months ago#26
Well, after talking to the main girl today, I can say I'm in a position where if I date her friend, it wont affect us, and I do want to date her friend regardless of if I want to date the main girl if her friend is interested so I may do that if she feels the same way.

The conversation felt natural and lasted for some time, it eventually hit a spot where neither of us said anything for a few seconds but I think had time allowed us to hang longer we would have been decent at least. It's weird, it has to be the most neutral feeling conversation I've had, like it could have not happened but I'm happy it did because otherwise I would have just avoided her and at least I had someone to talk to. I think if I ask her more about herself rather than how things are that'll be good the next time we talk but I guess it'll depend on how I feel then. Maybe it's best not to push the envelope and I should just ride this out who knows. Oh and I got a haircut just now that I like so hopefully that help slightly haha.

I'm glad you're happy on your own, that's a good way to be. If you dont mind me asking, what do you need to sort out internally?
(edited 6 months ago)

APlusle
6 months ago#27
Glad to hear things seem to be going well and it sounds like you have a good idea of potential ways forward. I don't mind your asking and appreciate your sentiment, unfortunately I don't know how to articulate the subject though, which I guess is itself part of the things I'd like to sort out.

slaterastle
6 months ago#28
Well I mean the first step to solving a riddle is knowing the riddle in the first place, so if you dont know what you're trying to sort out then how can you do so?

I'll also say for me, the goal has never been to "enter the dating scene," and I'll even go as far as to say I havent chosen when the game has found me if that makes sense. I've always just lived my life and then all of a sudden a girl shows up whose beauty and intellect cause me to think "dang she's hot and cool, I hope I act in a way where she sees the same in me" and I go from there. So do you mean to tell me you've never met someone who has caused you to feel infatuation, or do you always just disregard your feelings because you want to start out from a better personal position than you feel you are in at the time of infatuation to minimalize the chances of heartbreak occuring?
(edited 6 months ago)

slaterastle
6 months ago#29
I've reached enlightenment.

The goal of the game is to hit the 7 notes. These notes are hot, like, love, trust, admiration, fun, and happiness. If you hit all 7, you win.

Now that I've discovered the riddle myself, I can finally truly start solving it lol. The haircut has helped me somewhat btw if you were wondering, but part of the problem is knowing if you've succeeded because you cant unless they tell you.
(edited 6 months ago)

APlusle
6 months ago#30
slaterastle posted...
Well I mean the first step to solving a riddle is knowing the riddle in the first place, so if you dont know what you're trying to sort out then how can you do so?

I'll also say for me, the goal has never been to "enter the dating scene," and I'll even go as far as to say I havent chosen when the game has found me if that makes sense. I've always just lived my life and then all of a sudden a girl shows up whose beauty and intellect cause me to think "dang she's hot and cool, I hope I act in a way where she sees the same in me" and I go from there. So do you mean to tell me you've never met someone who has caused you to feel infatuation, or do you always just disregard your feelings because you want to start out from a better personal position than you feel you are in at the time of infatuation to minimalize the chances of heartbreak occuring?

Like you said, the first step is knowing, so the first step to sorting things out is figuring out what I'm sorting out. It's just a part of it to work on like everything else. Your latter supposition might not be too far from my behavior either but I haven't really ever met someone I've felt infatuation for to begin with. I'm not concerned about heartbreak for the time being so much as I am whether I'm ready for anything and if so what.

slaterastle posted...
These notes are hot, like, love, trust, admiration, fun, and happiness.

If you're referring to things valuable in a relationship, I'd add commitment in there if you're talking potentially long term.
(edited 6 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Luigi
  3. Post Once a Day 6