You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Luigi
  3. Post Once a Day 6

User Info: APlusle

APlusle
1 month ago#111
APlusle posted...
Also I haven't mentioned yet, in a series that always has amazing music BBS is in contention for my favorite soundtrack of any of them.

Oh yeah, if you haven't played any Final Mix versions you maybe haven't heard the themes of Armor of Eraqus and No Heart. If that's true and you're curious, for your consideration:

https://youtu.be/7k8kIDbff40
https://youtu.be/XLvDqJ-ojhY
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633

User Info: APlusle

APlusle
1 month ago#112
I changed my mind specifically about Final Fantasy characters. The games since II haven't much needed them, but that's because of context. This is the first game since KH2 to take place in current time real ass Radiant Garden where some of Sora's closest friends live and they just ain't there. Hell, first time since KH2 we've been in current time real ass Twilight Town and Roxas was pretty solidly friends with Seifer by the end of 2 and he and Rai and Fu are out on a field trip or something by the time we come back.

Thoughts on Cloud/Sephy are unchanged from before, which is that seeing them and fighting again would be cool but I don't care that much, not a big deal to me.
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
3 weeks ago#113
I suppose it works either way for different reasons. I mean if Xeanort plans every possible way, then his plan should be flawless when it isn't since it fails so that's something to consider. Plus I always put gameplay above story in importance when it comes to video games, I know some dont but I feel like if story is more important then the whole thing should just be a movie.

I think you misunderstand what I mean with Xion being a tragic monster. I mean at the end of 358/2 Days, she's defeated and her heart enter Roxas IIRC, and it should stay there until the end of KH3. In other words, she should be remembered as a tragic monster in the game, not return and be fought again. I agree that would be really dumb haha.

I just wish these people would wait until they had everything ready in its best form to release the game. It sucks having to choose between an original product and a complete product, I want both darn it lol. I hate the way DLC and remakes work forcing people to choose smh. The only exceptions are when the game is unaccessable previously, like FF3 and 4 on the DS (since they originally made 4 balls easy in English) and Re:Coded. It's one thing if extra content is free and avoidable but it's another thing when it isn't. I wish games just got ported more often, then I could play them as they are and be happier.

I mean KH2 was my favorite game period when I originally played it and I havent finished it since then 9 years ago so it isnt the most valid opinion ever. I definitely could replay them all now because I barely remember anything. I think I'm gonna play RE4 on Professional next but I'll have to revisit them, forcing myself through to the end, and say what I think then. The Roxas part is a good beginning for sure, it's always after that where I start playing something else or something.

Dang dude for me it was the opposite. I was able to beat YX almost every time with Ventus and my surges while VLS I had to use Tornado and it took me forever to beat him once and I was happy. I mean you most certainly know more about the series than I do so I'll take your word for it but yeah.

Also didnt know some voices were from the same people, guess it's just the age thing then. I saw that 3 man team boss and I didnt like how it cut away to a cutscene as soon as each one was defeated, I would have preferred one cutscene at the end that had all the dialogue of the goodbyes and whatever. From a gameplay perspective, the battle would have flowed much better imo.

That No Heart theme is pretty great, wish it was in the original game gosh darn it. And no Sephy is huge for me, if there could be one FF character it'd be him, especially if you got to fight him with any of the 7 wielders hoo boy. It's like imagine BBS but with Dual Wield Roxas, dark powered Riku, Mickey Mouse, and Sora added to it and that's what KH3 could have been. Even if KH3 is great and feels like an ultimate final game from a story perspective, it still doesnt feel that way from a gameplay perspective. It's like they tried going back to simple town when the time for that passed the moment KH3 missed the PS3 when 1 and 2 both came out on the PS2 only 3 years apart.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
2 days ago#114
Im ending my thirty minute break right now, but I'll get back to ya.
  1. Boards
  2. Luigi
  3. Post Once a Day 6