You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Luigi
  3. Post Once a Day 6

User Info: APlusle

APlusle
6 months ago#11
indeeed
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633

User Info: Slayer

Slayer
6 months ago#12
🏋 ‍♂

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
6 months ago#13
concurred

Maybe you can help me since you're smart.

A girl I like is interested in another man to the point of development. I dont want to pretend nothing's happened and seem ignorantly dumb, but I also dont want to appear butthurt because I'm honestly not, or at least not really. I dont want her to think I dont care about her and was only in it out of thirst, but I also dont want her thinking I need what I dont. I dont want to be vocal with my body language of our friendship being off, but I dont want to be insistent of it being on since neither one of us truly needs it. Wer both independent people, but we benefit from eachother ways that would be dumb to ignore.

I've got a day or 2 to figure it out, what do you think?

APlusle
6 months ago#14
I'd suggest talking it out. All of that sounds reasonable, and if I was the girl there's nothing in there I'd be upset to hear. It sounds like you've got a pretty good idea of the social dynamics going on, it's just a question of being on the same page.
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.

slaterastle
6 months ago#15
Really?

I was thinking just show I'm happy without her and be proud of who I am while being kind out of it being the right thing to do, and if I show off my independence to the point of her developing feelings while with the other guy then I win.

However, she thinks a lot like you do. I mean I could try and talk to her, but then it's like "why are you talking to me?" ya know? I mean as long as I'm clear that I'm just confused and we should be on the same page and leave the rest out it could be very beneficial. And I think you're right, ignoring the problem is only going to make it worse, it's just a matter of execution. Plus we have classes together so it's gotta be tackled or wer both gonna want to pull our hair out. Even if the very unlikely worst case scenario of her telling me to never talk to her again were to happen at least both of our minds would be at peace, and if I were to show my independence then that could heal us even further.

Thank you for the good idea, I'll keep you posted. I'm gonna keep thinking about it because there could be more to discover in this riddle but yeah. You dont mind if I read my question and tell her "my friend" gave me good advice do you?
(edited 6 months ago)

APlusle
6 months ago#16
I don't mind if you think it'll help. Keep in mind though that I have zero firsthand experience with relationships so while I am giving you the best I can take any advice I give you on that front with a grain of salt. With that said, I think if you have a choice between trying to communicate about each other's feelings or trying to make the situation work without doing so, leaning on the side of the former is generally the way to go.

slaterastle
6 months ago#17
I definitely agree there. My cousin was having trouble with his girlfriend and his brother told him to just leave but I told him I believed he should try to communicate if he wanted it to work so he did and it luckily fixed everything. And I've had problems with people in the past and communication was how those were fixed as well. Edit: Speak of the devil he just called and is in town so I'm gonna go see him lol.

As long as I'm mindful of her feelings and as long as I want it to work, that's definitely the way to go. And of course I'm not gonna blindly take your advice, I honestly considered communicating as the first option but I ruled out my 9 minute speech due to it being awful. I honestly think just voicing how I felt to you helped me make it less of an abstract idea and also helped me reach the conclusion I have reached which is that you're right.

I think my effort will show I care and will create the best possible outcome even if it doesnt go as planned. And sorry you've still got no experience, I still havent either lol. Is there a particular reason why? I know we've talked about it briefly but I dont think I asked why then so yeah.
(edited 6 months ago)

APlusle
6 months ago#18
Nah, I'm just not looking for anything right now. If something came along I might go for it but I'm still figuring out myself.

slaterastle
6 months ago#19
Like who you are? For me, I've always been really stupid with girls, but I've learned lessons that I wouldnt have learned had I not had the experiences where I've been let down. And right now the girl I like is my idea of perfection so I'm glad I messed up with them and not this one, or at least not drastically anyway. Have you ever looked for anything before?
(edited 6 months ago)

slaterastle
6 months ago#20
Well I did it so story time.

She had to hand me an envelope today and I could tell she was tense even though I smiled and said thank you and she had avoided talking to me another day along with today, so I figured something had to be done. I talked to another friend about it and he tried talking me out of it but I managed to convince him and his friend it was my best move even though I wasnt necessarily trying to. I was going to tomorrow night but was advised to do it with the sun up, making today my only option, and I'm glad because the sooner the better anyway.

However, when I walked up and said hi to her, she was actually nicer than I expected, so part of me wondered if it even was necessary, but I was already committed in my mind by then. So I gave the spheal in post 13, changing the word care to respect, the word butthurt to jealous, and added a part of wanting her to do what's best for herself and she seemed to agree with everything I said but was more focused on listening. She even got a phone call from who I think was the dude, but she told him to hang on a second so she could talk to me so I guess that's something. And then after it all, I asked her how she felt about me now that she knows where I stand just as a dude.

It honestly went by quickly, I wish I could have recorded what she said. Something about appreciating my character and a valued friendship and a respect for me, maybe a tidbit about my talent if I remember correctly. Of course I got the stinging line I expected where she said she saw nothing romantically, emphasis on nothing, but that was all part of my plan. I dont remember anything else, but afterwards I said "Well it looks like wer on the same page" without even asking what was wrong with me or anything, gave her another hug, told her I'd see her tomorrow and that was it.

Only time will tell if my move helps in the journey of winning her heart along with some good singing and a possible haircut. At least I opened the door to being myself, and at least I didnt get the worst possible response, making it not the worst possible move. I can only hope she only doesnt see anything yet rather than ever, idk man at least I can say I'm not the worst ever lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Luigi
  3. Post Once a Day 6