3 months ago #90
    Dude apparently I'm the world record holder with no video proof yet of Prime Glitchless.

I found a video of someone using the Wii version that claims to be the world record when I've beaten that time by 6 minutes and my run wasnt even optimal. And after watching that run, I'm baffled it's only 6 minutes slower, it feels like it should be at the very least least 20 but I guess that's loading times for ya, good to know on a Wii I'd be under 3, guess I gotta record a run lol. Speaking of that, I had a run that felt way better than the 3:08:51, but I only got 3:08:20 so all that work for 30 seconds sucks when I was definitely more ahead than that at least in the beginning. The RNG on the bosses that can be invincible forever has grown into the most infuriating part for sure, and most of them are in the final third so all that work just to have that be a pain sucks. I was planning on being done until I discovered the record tbh but now the fire has a tiny spark I guess. Apparently Prime 2 is shorter which is very surprising.

That's true about 64 having the rom hacks to keep it alive, I was referring to the base game. Pre 120 being sub 140 I followed it pretty closely but it's less interesting now imo. I always find it exciting when a grind is to get a time under a certain 5 or 10 minute mark, with sub half and whole hours being the most exciting if that makes sense. If someone shaves 8 seconds off the current 16 star record I'd be very happy. I watched a Bug Limit Wind Waker run expecting it to be more but it was kinda boring actually. Maybe I'll watch the glitchless HD one that's about 45 minutes faster and gets quick sail but I'd imagine that being about the same.

The all main quest run of BOTW is definitely cooler imo. I wish there was a boss before getting the Paraglider and the Master Sword and at Zeldas Final Memory but oh well. I may try to beat the game without using the Paraglider or Warping but I know there's parts that are impossible like Medoh so it may not be worth it, guess we'll have to see.

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    Dude apparently I'm the world record holder with no video proof yet of Prime Glitchless.

I found a video of someone using the Wii version that claims to be the world record when I've beaten that time by 6 minutes and my run wasnt even optimal. Guess I gotta record a run lol. Speaking of that, I had a run that felt way better than the 3:08:51, I only got 3:08:20 so all that work for 30 seconds sucks when I was definitely more ahead than that at least in the beginning. The RNG on the bosses that can be invincible forever has grown into the most infuriating part for sure, and most of them are in the final third so all that work just to have that be a pain sucks. I was planning on being done until I discovered the record tbh but now the fire has a tiny spark I guess. Apparently Prime 2 is shorter which is very surprising.

That's true about 64 having the rom hacks to keep it alive, I was referring to the base game. Pre 120 being sub 140 I followed it pretty closely but it's less interesting now imo. I always find it exciting when a grind is to get a time under a certain 5 or 10 minute mark, with sub half and whole hours being the most exciting if that makes sense. If someone shaves 8 seconds off the current 16 star record I'd be very happy. I watched a Bug Limit Wind Waker run expecting it to be more but it was kinda boring actually. Maybe I'll watch the glitchless HD one that's about 45 minutes faster and gets quick sail but I'd imagine that being about the same.

The all main quest run of BOTW is definitely cooler imo. I wish there was a boss before getting the Paraglider and the Master Sword and at Zeldas Final Memory but oh well. I may try to beat the game without using the Paraglider or Warping but I know there's parts that are impossible like Medoh so it may not be worth it, guess we'll have to see.
    3 months ago

I found a video of someone using the Wii version that claims to be the world record when I've beaten that time by 6 minutes and my run wasnt even optimal. Guess I gotta record a run lol. Speaking of that, I had a run that felt way better than the 3:08:51, but I only got 3:08:20 so all that work for 30 seconds sucks when I was definitely more ahead than that at least in the beginning. The RNG on the bosses that can be invincible forever has grown into the most infuriating part for sure, and most of them are in the final third so all that work just to have that be a pain sucks. I was planning on being done until I discovered the record tbh but now the fire has a tiny spark I guess. Apparently Prime 2 is shorter which is very surprising.