3 months ago #87
    MP seems fairly active, it has 114 submissions for any% normal alone on speedrun.com. Like you suspected no glitchless category though.

I have the most fun watching speedruns when I learn wildly new stuff about the game from watching the run. Because of that, there's not exactly a particular speedgame I watch as a favorite. SM64 is probably the easy answer for me, though. It was kind of my gateway game into both speedruns and ROMhacking so it's got a special place in my heart, I love just how crazy well people know the game, and I feel like I almost always know it well enough to either understand what's going on or be able to learn what's going on pretty quickly.
    'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    MP seems fairly active, it has 114 submissions for any% normal alone. Like you suspected no glitchless category though.

I have the most fun watching speedruns when I learn wildly new stuff about the game from watching the run. Because of that, there's not exactly a particular speedgame I watch as a favorite. SM64 is probably the easy answer for me, though. It was kind of my gateway game into both speedruns and ROMhacking so it's got a special place in my heart, I love just how crazy well people know the game, and I feel like I know it well enough to either understand what's going on or be able to learn what's going on pretty quickly.
    3 months ago
    MP seems fairly active, it has 114 submissions for any% normal alone on speedrun.com. Like you suspected no glitchless category though.

I have the most fun watching speedruns when I learn wildly new stuff about the game from watching the run. Because of that, there's not exactly a particular speedgame I watch as a favorite. SM64 is probably the easy answer for me, though. It was kind of my gateway game into both speedruns and ROMhacking so it's got a special place in my heart, I love just how crazy well people know the game, and I feel like I know it well enough to either understand what's going on or be able to learn what's going on pretty quickly.