4 months ago #84
    The biggest timelosses definitely come from when you jump up/across a room, and you fall to the floor so you have to redo the room until you get through. There are also multiple bosses/mini bosses that can be invincible for as long as they choose so waiting for them to let you kill them is frustrating to say the least. Also, you gotta balance killing guys with rushing through and if you get cornered you can lose a lot of health quickly which forces you to be more careful, those ceiling turrets are incredibly OP. There's also RNG with missiles and power bombs that you need to be fast, you can stop by the ship to avoid it with the power bombs if you just want a guaranteed finish but it costs about a minute. There's also trying not to go to save spots to save time but also not wanting to die, unlike other games you can't really control if the enemies hit you or not/what health the ones you have to kill give back.

Finally, I havent seen any glitchless runs on Youtube so idk what the fastest route is for getting all of the artifacts in Chozo Ruins/Phendrana Drifts and going to Phazon Mines the second time. I made the route I've been using myself which is part of the appeal of the run and it's effective but there are variations that I'd like to be tested and have a consensus formed over. They all seem to be about the same with the exception of one that cuts an energy tank in a run where health is vital and only 4 tanks are closeby (I've definitely had times at 1 health going into a save spot lol) and if you try going slightly out of the way to get one you'll lose the time you saved. Idk if I'm gonna have time to run more with school starting today but if I do I might try cutting the tank and see what happens but I may not since it sounds less fun and there's still improvemts to be made on the execution of my route.

That's cool your any percent run of Sunshine is about as long as the world record for 120 shines, what was hard about that?

Previous Versions
    4 months ago
    The biggest timelosses definitely come from when you jump up/across a room, and you fall to the floor so you have to redo the room until you get through. There are also multiple bosses/mini bosses that can be invincible for as long as they choose so waiting for them to let you kill them is frustrating to say the least. Also, you gotta balance killing guys with rushing through and if you get cornered you can lose a lot of health quickly which forces you to be more careful, those ceiling turrets are incredibly OP. There's also RNG with missiles and power bombs that you need to be fast, you can stop by the ship to avoid it with the power bombs if you just want a guaranteed finish but it costs about a minute. There's also trying not to go to save spots to save time but also not wanting to die, unlike other games you can't really control if the enemies hit you or not/what health the ones you have to kill give back.

Finally, I havent seen any glitchless runs on Youtube so idk if what the fastest route is for getting all of the artifacts in Chozo Ruins/Phendrana Drifts and going to Phazon Mines the second time. I made the route I've been using myself which is part of the appeal of the run and it's effective but there are variations that I'd like to be tested and have a consensus formed over. They all seem to be about the same with the exception of one that cuts an energy tank in a run where health is vital and only 4 tanks are closeby (I've definitely had times at 1 health going into a save spot lol) and if you try going slightly out of the way to get one you'll lose the time you saved. Idk if I'm gonna have time to run more with school starting today but if I do I might try cutting the tank and see what happens but I may not since it sounds less fun and there's still improvemts to be made on the execution of my route.

That's cool your any percent run of Sunshine is about as long as the world record for 120 shines, what was hard about that?