• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario
  3. You know, sometimes I wish that I'd never admitted my young age online.

User Info: LumaRosalina

LumaRosalina
1 month ago#1
In pretty much every community on here that I post in, there's some people that know I'm not an adult yet.

And, I feel like, if I'd never admitted my age, people might take me more seriously, or look down on me less, or think of me as fitting in with them instead of being "the weird one".

And, y'know, adults usually like to talk to adults, not kids, so some people might be more interested in hearing what I have to say if they thought I was like them.

Hell, even Cinna is more interesting to talk to, since she goes to public school.

I'm not talking about anyone specific or anything, just venting.

But, I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself or get anyone else to feel sorry for me or anything.

At least I have an excuse not to date anyone I meet on here. :P
Official #1 DJ Octavio supporter for Smash Ultimate.
"The internet is the world's most valuable resource!" -SMG3

User Info: DoctorPiranha3

DoctorPiranha3
1 month ago#2
I appreciate honesty, and how we're all real with each other on here. You own your age and your interests, goddammit! It's not the age, but what you contribute.

LumaRosalina
1 month ago#3
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
I appreciate honesty, and how we're all real with each other on here. You own your age and your interests, goddammit! It's not the age, but what you contribute.

Thanks, and you're right.

I just try to contribute things other people actually care about. Lol.

User Info: APlusle

APlusle
1 month ago#4
I agree with Proto.

Ageism sucks. At the same time, you'd still be suffering from ageism if you were actively hiding a part of yourself to compensate for its effects. Kinda unfortunate any way about it.

LumaRosalina posted...
Hell, even Cinna is more interesting to talk to, since she goes to public school.

I've never gotten the impression my homeschooling has had an impact on anyone's opinion of or socialization with me.
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633

LumaRosalina
1 month ago#5
APlusle posted...
I agree with Proto.

Ageism sucks. At the same time, you'd still be suffering from ageism if you were actively hiding a part of yourself to compensate for its effects. Kinda unfortunate any way about it.

Thanks. At least, like Proto said, we're all tight pals who are honest with each other, and not afraid of judgement.

LumaRosalina posted...

I've never gotten the impression my homeschooling has had an impact on anyone's opinion of or socialization with me.

I guess, what I meant, was more like, since she has something you can kinda compare to your day-to-day life (school/work, social life), most of you would be more interested in hearing about that, instead of, for example, my misadventures that have nothing to do with anything you guys do.

But, yeah, I see now that that's not exactly right in every sense.

User Info: RetroYoshi4191

RetroYoshi4191
1 month ago#6
I was either secretive or deceitful about my age online until I was at least 16. And I still wasn't entirely open about it until 18. I don't blame anyone for that stuff, not being an adult really feels like people look down on you all the time.
It's mine, it's all mine

User Info: APlusle

APlusle
1 month ago#7
I definitely felt any time before I was like 19 that telling someone my age could potentially have consequences. Still do, to a lesser extent. Been usin them forums since I was 9 so it's a weird thing to shake, and even if I'm an "accepted" age now I know there are others who don't have the same luxury.
'Official' Plusle of the SSBU board. Also, creator of that thing down in the line under this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633

DoctorPiranha3
1 month ago#8
Koop lied to me about his age and location for a long time. Told me he was 16/17 when he was really 12/13. Told me he lived in Seattle when he lived in Canada.

Koop is untrustworthy. And also a damn dirty little bastard!

User Info: Dark_Koopatrol

Dark_Koopatrol
1 month ago#9
There's always next year.

DoctorPiranha3
1 month ago#10

Koop up before 8 a.m. Koop Standard time
  1. Boards
  2. Mario
  3. You know, sometimes I wish that I'd never admitted my young age online.
  • Topic Archived